Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Merchants

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 12:43 AM
Sarnak

Default Items Poofing Upon Disconnect, While Sneaking

Have had items go poof twice now in the last week and a half, both times was selling ambers to Krak Windchaser in South Karana on a monk while in sneak mode. Never had items disappear like this on p99, so the fact that it was the same character, selling the same item, to the same vendor, makes me wonder if there is an issue with being in sneak mode when being disconnected. The first time was during the Halloween GM event, so I figured that the high volume of players in the zone at the time was an issue, but tonight there was not an issue with lots of players in the zone.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Fire Giant

what do you mean poof? like you sold the ambers and he didn't pay you or you sold the ambers and it's not in his inventory? or you didn't complete the sale, but you don't have the item or money in your inventory? bit confused here.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 11-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

disconnected as I sold the amber(s), when I re-logged, the ambers that I had from previous sales were no longer in my inventory
Old 11-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what do you mean poof? like you sold the ambers and he didn't pay you or you sold the ambers and it's not in his inventory? or you didn't complete the sale, but you don't have the item or money in your inventory? bit confused here.
Let the guy answer ur first question before u ask 5 more questions
Old 11-23-2016, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

I have concluded that sneak-selling is a big no-no on p99. Kinda sucks for a monk who is trying to stay under the weight limits, but it is what it is. Moved to other zones where this is not an issue.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:24 AM
Planar Protector

I think the problem is using sneak to go indifferent, but then making the transaction while in the forward arc (so not indifferent, probably even a non-vendorable faction level).

Make sure you stay behind them while selling. If they turn to you, you need to reposition.
Old 11-23-2016, 04:31 AM
Sarnak

I know of 2 different characters to have items from inventory disappear recently.

Both petitions still awaiting an answer a month later.. only 5 months to go eh!
Old 11-24-2016, 12:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the problem is using sneak to go indifferent, but then making the transaction while in the forward arc (so not indifferent, probably even a non-vendorable faction level).

Make sure you stay behind them while selling. If they turn to you, you need to reposition.
So the problem, if not re-positioned to the rear place is, your faction goes back to pre-sneak status, or, it totally messes up the game engine and disconnects you while simultaneously poofing any pre-owned items being transacted? I may try out this theory, when my inventory is cleared so as to minimize losses, and back in a zone that requires sneak-selling.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Planar Protector

I've not had the bug while selling, but while buying items. Fortunately I just got LDed without loosing my money (sadly nor getting a copy of the item I was attempting to purchase [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ).
Old 12-18-2016, 11:08 PM
Sarnak

this bug is not really a bug but a system safety to keep someone from duping or something I think . the only thing that is happening is that the item you were buying or selling was being purchased or sold as the incorrect factioned price . thus you are disconnected to keep you from exploiting this action and rolled back sort of . I have lost lots and lots of plat because of sneak selling on rogue and monk . had the same issue on the same vendor when I was there camping quillmane cloaks also have had similar vendor issues in nfp jade buying selling gems and with tinkers bags buying and selling in sol a . to fix the issue just be sure to position yourself behind the seller once you have initiated the sale . this means you click open the vendors window , most of the time ( not always ) the npc will pivot to face you . you are already in sneak so while still in vendors window move behind him . if for some reason sneak drops because of this action you should still be able to re-sneak while not leaving the vendors window . to ensure you are indifferent to the said npc once you think you are in the correct position use the C button to consider him and be positive your ready to sell . Oh... the reason for the loss of the stack is simply it was the same thing you were selling buying . has happened to me with rubies , peridots , saphires , plat bars and amber . hope this helps
Last edited by woad; 12-18-2016 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: forgot something
Closed Thread