Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Default Help w/ Twink Warrior Gear - Best Bang For the PP, 50k

Hey yall, I've been out of the game for a while. I've decided to roll a War to mess around with. I've got about 50k to spend on gear (but I could farm more if its really worthwhile). I'm having a hard time figuring out the most efficient way to spend it. For the purposes of this discussion lets assume I want buy gear to maximize soloing potential all the way into the 50s. Also I want to minimize no trade gear, so I can easily dump it later (i.e. prob not going to bother with Vel MQ armor unless something is really great). I already have a fungi to wear so that doesnt factor into the cost.

Here are a few questions ive run into:
1. Whats the sweet spot for haste vs weapons / armor? For example, I'm guessing a war with 36% haste but no stats / crappy weapons, is going to be worse off than a war with 22% haste w/ nice stats / weps.

2. How good is Cobalt BP heal clicky for soloing? I'm going to be wearing a fungi most of the time, so is the downtime clicky worth 20k (and sacrificing other gear)?

3. Which weapons are worth splurging on? You can get pretty good ratio weapons for
pretty cheap, but obviously the better procs and/or best ratio weapons command a premium. Which ones are worth it?

I've compiled a list of gear that I'm thinking looks relevant. I didnt cover most armor slots, but I picked out most of the big ticket items and weapons which seem important to me. Obviously I cant buy everything with 50k. What would you prioritize? What did I miss on this list? Thanks for reading, and thanks for any suggestions.

Haste:
- Silvery Belt of Contention - 10k - 21%, 10AC, +4 Sta
- SCHW - 2k - 22%, 5AC, +3 sva
- Sash of the Dragonborn - 6k - 24%, 2AC
- RBG - 30k - 27%, 7AC, +8 Str, +8 Sta, +8 Dex, +25 HP
- RBB - 45k - 5AC, +10 Str, +10 Sta, +10 Dex
- Seahorse Spiked Belt - 55k - 34%, 10AC, +4 Str, +4 Sta, +4 Dex, +4 Agi, +25 HP
- Cloak of Crystalline Waters - 55k - 36%, 10AC, +9 Agi, +9 Dex, +15 svf

Chest:
- Cobalt BP - 20k - 45AC, +12 Str, +12 Dex, +12 Sta, +50 HP, Clicky Heal (lvl 45)
- Incarnadine BP - 10k - 35AC, +15 Str, +15 Dex, +25 HP, Clicky Invis
- Enchanted Dwarven Breastplate - 1k - 30AC, +8 Str, +8 Sta, +5 svf
- Fungi (Already Have)

Other Clickies:
- Cobalt Boots - 500p - Clicky Str Buff (lvl 45)
- Cobalt Vambs - 600p - Clicky Shield Buff (lvl 45)
- Cobalt Gaunts - 500p - Clicky Str Buff (lvl 45)

Weapons
- Wurmslayer (Will Quest)
- Winters Fury - 6k - 1HS, 13/23, +6 Str, +25 HP
- Seb Croaking Dirk - 6k - 1HP, 10/18, +2 Agi, + 5 svm, +5 svp
- Fist of Zek - 300 - 1HB, 16/30, +20 Str, -20 Agi, +25 HP
- Jagged Long Sword - 300 - 1HS, 16/30
- Silken Whip of Ensnaring - 200 - 1HS, 14/28, -5 AC, Snare Proc (lvl 50)
- Venomous Axe of the Velium Brood - 1.2k - 1HS, 11/24, 10AC, 85 DD Proc (lvl 1)
- Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine - 6k - 1HS, 11/23, 12AC, +5 Agi, +5 svm, +5 svp, Blind Proc (lvl 1)
- Blood Fire - 2k - 1HS, 11/24, DoT Proc (lvl 46)
- Frostbringer - 3k - 1HS, 12/22, 7AC, DD Proc (lvl 40)
- Sarnak Warhammer - 600 - 1HB, 9/20, Stun Proc (lvl 46)
- Truncheon of Doom - 9k - 2HB, 33/44, Slow Proc (lvl 50)
- 2x Blood Point - 1.5k per - 1HP, 10/21, +5 Str, +10 svd, +10 svp, Lifetap Proc (lvl 50)
- Staff of Battle - 400 - 2HB, 31/37
- Polished Obsidian Great Axe - 300 - 2HS, 33/48, -10 Dex, -10 Agi, +50 HP, Fear Proc (lvl 40)
- Journeyman's Walking Stick - 300 - 1HB, 9/24, +4 Str, Tash Proc (lvl 35)
- Felhammer - 200 - 2HS, 34/46, Smite Proc (lvl 50)
- Zealot's Incarnadine Sword - 1.5k - 2HS, 26/35, +5 Dex, Lifetap Proc (lvl 50)

Others
- 2x Embalmers Skinning Knife - Summon Bandages Proc (Already Have)
- Fishbone Earring - 3k
- JBoots (Will Farm)
- Tink Bags - 5k
- Root Spider Nets (Will Farm)
- Invis Rings (Will Farm)
Old 08-09-2017, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

If you are serious about soloing to 50 you may want to consider rolling gnome for 40% haste click sleeves.

In terms of weapons, are you looking for a set that will take you 1-60, or are you hoping to mix and match as you level up?

For the record, I wouldn't recommend the cobalt gauntlets. It is short duration, some of that time the effect actually lowers the target strength... you are better off just sticking to the self buff boots.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:11 AM
Sarnak

I am a gnome. Dont mind swapping out or reselling weapons later. I expect I will be carrying at least a bagsworth of them around with me my whole career.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:22 AM
Fire Giant

Me also gnome warrior, currently using wurmslayer + winters fury - works really good - and I still haven't reached level 20 damage cap lift. I cant afford fungi so I have to rely on patience of kind people regen buffs :-) Altough I have noticed that it's quite fun challenging to stay low hp for cripples. If you do find someone that sells the clockwork vambraces please let me know or buy an extra for me will ya? :-)
Old 08-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

First, good DPS weapons can be super cheap. I really love Fist of Zek + Jarsath Trident or a Staff of Battle. A lot of the proc weapons you list don't even proc until after 46 or 50, so using Wurmslayer plus a FoZ with a good haste item and a fungi will get you pretty far. With decent armor and HP, you can solo into the late 40s no problem.

That said, get Velium Fire Wedding rings. That's the number one most important item on a good twink. Don't skimp out and settle for platinum. Velium or bust.

Since you already have the Fungi, I'd say get the RBB, super cheap weapons, Velium Fire Wedding rings, and fill in empty spots with Dwarf cultural armor or Cobalt. If you really wanted to be cheap, you could use Crustacean Shell armor. For ears, Orc Fang Earrings work great for having useful stats that you'll need (AC, HP, STR).

After you get 46, you can join a raiding guild, go to PoSky for a trash belt, and sell the RBB to buy the rest of the stuff you need to tank 50+ like Frostbringer and WESS. I recommend a Lodizal Shell Shield for your back slot. Also, the Incarnadine BP or Cobalt Greaves are pretty important for the unlimited casts of Invisibility, but you could get by with a few Rings of Shadows if you are willing to carry a lot of them and recharge them often similar to the Jboots vs SoW pots argument, but Invis does not last nearly as long as SoW.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are serious about soloing to 50 you may want to consider rolling gnome for 40% haste click sleeves.

In terms of weapons, are you looking for a set that will take you 1-60, or are you hoping to mix and match as you level up?

For the record, I wouldn't recommend the cobalt gauntlets. It is short duration, some of that time the effect actually lowers the target strength... you are better off just sticking to the self buff boots.
I solo'd to 49 on ogre np. Did snow yetis till they turned green in DL, then farmed sarnak braids to get faction for OT hammer in Overthere. I got to 49 on that quest as it's really really nice XP on the turn ins.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:05 PM
Banned

Get a 32/36 bow, fleeting quiver and 7 10 slot bags and fill with arrows and a jboot MQ.

Kill mobs til you go into beserker. Take fungi off. Then kite mobs around with the bow.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

As someone who carries a lot of weapons that sure seems like a lot of weapons... You pretty much just need a dps set, an agro set, a two hander, and for special purpose items. Lifetap, slow, and tash seem good. Smite and fear I doubt you'll ever use.
Old 08-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who carries a lot of weapons that sure seems like a lot of weapons... You pretty much just need a dps set, an agro set, a two hander, and for special purpose items. Lifetap, slow, and tash seem good. Smite and fear I doubt you'll ever use.
I was thinking the same thing lol.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-09-2017, 01:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, I wasnt actually going to buy all of them, I was just making a list of what might be relevant. Trying to get an idea of what peoples favorites are and which ones are worth the extra PP.
Closed Thread