Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"emphasis on grouping"

"group focused"

"for players who like to group"

See to me that all means "you cannot solo" and I don't like that. I like being able to solo, being able to log on whenever I want and play without having to rely on others all the time or spending half your gaming session LFG. Everquest was the first and last game I've played where you are forced to group with others for everything. Even WoW lets you solo a lot of it's content. You have to group for dungeons but you don't have to group just to take on some of the open world content.

"group
Why are you even on an Eq forum then? Did you solo all of EQ?
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 01-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaran [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you even on an Eq forum then? Did you solo all of EQ?
I dabble in EQ occasionally still but I mostly solo when I do, and it's never a serious grinding session or anything. I don't have the time or patience to LFG all the time. I did 13 years ago when I played this live but not now.

It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to ESO so much. I can group, and have to for certain dungeons and probably for PvP, but for the most part I can run around soloing doing whatever the hell I want, just like everyone else is doing, and jump in and help others and have others help me without having to be in an actual group splitting loot and all that. You know throughout both betas I never once actually grouped with anyone, and yet I did quests and killed mobs with other players all the time, almost as often as soloing.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Sounds like you enjoy the modern mmo experience. You can probably still solo in Pantheon by doing less challenging things. Like soloing blues.
Gakruk - Troll Shaman
Old 01-13-2014, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a more serious note, that Kickstarter fund can buy a lot of crack.

On a even more serious note.....Vanguard 2.0 Please w/ sufficient budget and not rushed out the door please.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dabble in EQ occasionally still but I mostly solo when I do, and it's never a serious grinding session or anything. I don't have the time or patience to LFG all the time. I did 13 years ago when I played this live but not now.

It's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to ESO so much. I can group, and have to for certain dungeons and probably for PvP, but for the most part I can run around soloing doing whatever the hell I want, just like everyone else is doing, and jump in and help others and have others help me without having to be in an actual group splitting loot and all that. You know throughout both betas I never once actually grouped with anyone, and yet I did quests and killed mobs with other players all the time, almost as often as soloing.
Stay golden bro

Backup, Human Druid of the Jaggedpine Treefolk. Defender of Bears. Servant of the secret order of <Charles Bronson>.

Rhuobhe, Human Cleric of the Dismal Rage. Wielder of the sacred Aegis of Life. Semi-retired veteran.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

30k they're rich!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Sarnak

put 150$ into it, Brad is a god.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:21 PM
Fire Giant

Semi- off topic, on Kickstarter, if they miss their mark do

a) you get your money back?

b) if they're waaay short of their mark, and (for samples sake have to have SoE then fund it) do you get your money back?
Old 01-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

if they don't make it in any way you get your money back
Old 01-13-2014, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Yep its all or nothing. I will be starting up a Kickstarter myself in the next few months. it is snowboarding related so I don't think there will be much interest on this forum but I still plan to post something when it goes live.