Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

Default Quest completion w/ exp sound

My daughter and I were watching some "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure" movie on Disney and I heard this sound used at one point. Is it like a stock sound or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 01-21-2015, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

hurb nailed it
Old 01-21-2015, 11:48 PM
VIP / Contributor

I think I heard the wurm attack sound on a car commercial the other day.

Man I'm a friggin' nerd.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 01-22-2015, 07:28 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messianic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My daughter and I were watching some "Tinkerbell and the Lost Treasure" movie on Disney and I heard this sound used at one point. Is it like a stock sound or something?
I heard the same thing. Not sure which Tinkerbell movie it was, but I remember a pirate ship in it (I wasn't watching it fully, my son is 5 months old so he's not engaged enough yet for me to have to pay attention). I heard the sound and I wanted to tell my wife that Tink just completed a quest in EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2015, 01:55 PM
Project Manager

Yeah, I think sony sold them long ago.

I heard the buff resolution sound on a Starburst commercial like 10 years ago. Something like symbol of naltron landing.

The .. sound that the erudite ghosts make in frozenshadow when you're near. Something like 'chicken chicken slide'. I heard that in the Supernatural intro.

All I can think of right now.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Banned

Also, I hear it nearly every Sunday night on a tech talk show I listen to.
Old 01-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, I hear it nearly every Sunday night on a tech talk show I listen to.
Kim Komando? Yeah it sounds very hacky when she pops that sound and then plays an applause track.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:09 PM
Banned

I don't know how stock sound distribution works really, but EQ definitely shares a stock sound pack with other California media companies. I've heard the "ding", the trumpets from quest turnin, "dude gets hit" effect, etc many a time in different cheap productions and local commercials aired around LA's penumbra.

The most common one is the obnoxious wildlife loop that plays nonstop in Kunark jungle zones (Feerrott or Swamp of No Hope for example). CHIRP, CHIRP, CHIRP....(mwauuuuh) CHEEERP CHEERP CHEEERP. It's much more repetitive ingame than you will typically find it in movies, but you can definitely hear the loop play one time in many establishing shots for nature scenes in 90s films. I most recently heard this one in that dumb 90s movie where Kevin Spacey and his wife get kidnapped by Dennis Leary. I'm pretty sure many or all of these sounds predate EQ.
Last edited by Big_Japan; 01-27-2015 at 07:15 PM..
Old 01-27-2015, 07:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeaol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I heard the same thing. Not sure which Tinkerbell movie it was, but I remember a pirate ship in it (I wasn't watching it fully, my son is 5 months old so he's not engaged enough yet for me to have to pay attention). I heard the sound and I wanted to tell my wife that Tink just completed a quest in EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+1, I too hear the song in the one part of the movie when watching it with my daughter, and every time I see flashbacks.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:20 PM
Banned

Red face

inventory bag opening sound @ 00:35 seconds

http://youtu.be/7BolOZbNA20?t=30s
Closed Thread