Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Sarnak

Default Amateur Power Leveling / MQ Question

Hey All!

My brother and I are very new to the server, we have a 15 mage and 15 necro and are having a total blast. Our envious cousin has decided to join in with a bard or enchanter (really hope he chooses chanter!).

My question is this, how can we get him up to speed as quickly as possible? I'm not sure I fully understand the mechanics of experience credit for kills. Does he have to get 51% of the damage? Obviously we can't damage shield or heal him, so helping him get the kills seems like the only other option.

What about MQing quests for him? Gnoll Fangs vs CB Belts?

Any advice is welcome, I really want to get to the point where we can adventure together ASAP.

Cheers,
R
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

i might be able to help him if I am around this weekend, I could plevel on my 60 necro
52 Monk Happytime
Old 06-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Aviak

If you give him the fangs or CB belts he can just turn them in and get all the xp. Getting to 15 on that will take a lot of belts and fangs but getting to like lvl 8 or 9 so you guys can group might not take that long.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Thanks both of you! Which do you think is a better return between belts and fangs?

Wotsir, we will likely be on tonight around 9, mind if I give you a tell if you are on?
Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Large Rat

Hey Rast, I'm a 18 druid who would be willing to do some ghetto thorns pling for him for a bit if he is on now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Sarnak

He won't be on until tonight, unfortunately, we have to install and patch for him : (

We are probably going to level him up in Steamfont, going from yard trash - kobolds - windmills - minos - sisters.

If you are in area we'd love some buffs!

Also, do you know anything about how much of a kill he has to get to get exp credit if we aren't grouped? For some reason I can't find updated info on this in the forums.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Sarnak

IIRC, the fangs are no drop.

I suggest Deathfist Belts. Have him level to level 4, then turn in all the belts. I collect belts during my free time to save for potential alts. This can PL him to at least level 12 within a couple of minutes, if you collect enough belts. CB belts are great too, but I believe DF Belts award more exp. Both types of belts are easy to acquire large quantities of, but don't be stealing camps from leveling groups!

I'd suggest one of you gathers CB belts as the other gathers DF belts. I'd estimate 5-8 bags of each type would get him close to, or beyond level 12! That may require a couple of hours of orc killing though.

*EDIT* - As for exp, he must do 51% of the damage to receive the exp but there are tricks. You can damage shield yourself, then have the lowbie monster whack you around a bit. He would only have to do 1 point of damage to get the exp for the kill. This allows you to tank for him. There is another trick with feign death, but your necro doesn't have that yet.
Last edited by Meiva; 06-21-2013 at 01:40 PM..
Old 06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastignac [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks both of you! Which do you think is a better return between belts and fangs?

Wotsir, we will likely be on tonight around 9, mind if I give you a tell if you are on?
You can send me a tell tonight, I am not sure what times I will be on. If Trak is still in window i likely will not be able to help but I might be able to use my monk
52 Monk Happytime
Old 06-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Thanks a lot, will definitely send you a tell!
Old 06-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

And thanks to you too Meiva, very helpful info.

If you don't mind me asking another question, what would you guys suggest to complete a Mage / Necro / _____ trio? Chanter seems great for mez and clarity. But a druid or shaman would be nice. Bard would be OK, I suppose...
Closed Thread