Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Mexican Restaurant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Compromise? How about an opt-in only channel that all those clowns can join.
Pretty much what I posted (sans the rage), so I agree. Both sides are happy this way.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Sarnak

as long as there is not a cap on the ignore list i say keep it...Ive seen some very useful info the last few days, but there are some extreme idiots using it as well. Much kmore so that when p99 has global ooc
Old 10-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

global ooc, don't give a shit about it anymore tbh, however zone wide yellow text, fuck yes.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^agreed. Takes five seconds to filter it off or on, but I digress.

OOC is the one chat channel that actually makes sense to have be global. Shout and Say - you would expect to be zone specific and relevant to "immersion".

It seems like the only people complaining are doing so because it is on for them by default. So if you have it off by default, doesn't everyone get what they want? The neckbeards who want immersion have /shout + peace and quiet, and the basketball players can turn on OOC to talk some trash.

Thoughts? A compromise would be smart here because otherwise you're basically disappointing half the playerbase.
I don't want ooc, and it's not because it's on be default. Global ooc would kill GFay trading, as everyone would be able to auction anywhere and everywhere. Lots of people, I'm sure, see this as a good thing. But I want classic EQ, and this was a big part of it. Beyond that, global ooc would also affect pvp. If it was off by default, and only basketball players used it, they would have a considerable advantage over everyone else.

There really is no compromise. Either you include a global channel, in which case pretty much everyone has to use it (auction channel, pvp) or you don't.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSmedy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
global ooc, don't give a shit about it anymore tbh, however zone wide yellow text, fuck yes.
I agree with big smedy here. I could care less for global ooc, it's mildly humorous at times but often filled with garbage. I wouldn't mind YT at this point.
Old 10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want ooc, and it's not because it's on be default. Global ooc would kill GFay trading, as everyone would be able to auction anywhere and everywhere. Lots of people, I'm sure, see this as a good thing. But I want classic EQ, and this was a big part of it. Beyond that, global ooc would also affect pvp. If it was off by default, and only basketball players used it, they would have a considerable advantage over everyone else.

There really is no compromise. Either you include a global channel, in which case pretty much everyone has to use it (auction channel, pvp) or you don't.
Really, you love the concept of sitting in a zone for hours on end hoping someone who's buying or selling the item you have/want shows up on a server that will be lucky to have half the pop of p99? Really? Because it's SO fun to sit there and do nothing but hit an auction macro every minute for 4 hours with no result. It's so fun they should just make their own game out of it.

It's not a big deal if there are enough people to be constantly sitting in a zone that a lot of items are available, but between the lower population and pvp being enabled, most item trading will be done on the forums if there is no global chat anyway.

Also, exactly how is global ooc an advantage in pvp? Any group of people who are pvping will communicate via group/guild chat or vent, and if you can't figure out that there is pvp going on in your zone without global ooc you're pretty dumb. It's usually a big hint when a bunch of people zone in at once with the same guild tag, and they're probably not going to announce themselves in /ooc. So what exactly are you missing out that is giving other people this "huge pvp advantage"?
Old 10-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

Its a huge advantage in PvP for those that will turn the global OOC channel on.

How long of a list do I need to make to show you that the comeatmebros useing /ooc will have a HUGE advantage from everything from pvp, to tradeing, to organization of multi guild zergs/raids over the immersion crowd who wont use it.

So then, to compete, even the immersion roleplayers will have to join it, and then we just have 2011 style barrens chat 24/7 in our p1999.

No thanks, plz trade your ******/faggot jokes in IRC and leave the game alone.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:06 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How long of a list do I need to make to show you that the comeatmebros useing /ooc will have a HUGE advantage from everything from pvp, to tradeing, to organization of multi guild zergs/raids over the immersion crowd who wont use it.
Yeah... people are going to use a global channel that everyone can see to organize pvp against people who can... also see the channel...

You say you can make this huge long list, yet no one has. Any time anyone is confronted about coming up with valid reasons, they end up saying "well people are dumb" or "it isn't classic". Also, if you really need to trade and think that global is the only way it will be done, you could probably suck it up and turn it on for a few minutes to do your trading.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

There's an auction forum. People rolling and insta logging due to ooc is no good.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I require global ooc so that I can see when redtards refer to themselves as big and proclaim that they are doing big things 100 times per day.
Closed Thread