Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Sarnak

SO many factors probably involved.

To all the people that say NBG should be the sole priority I say this:

Imagine an up and coming monk that is also a part of a top guild that has the ability to easily just buy the staff for him without denting the guilds bank would you be happy for him to have it ?

Where do you draw the line here you NBGers? Is there a line? or is it black and white for you ?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Fire Giant

Sometimes it sucks, but it's a fair system and it works. A while ago I'm in a Sebilis group, Cobalt Vambs drop, I don't have them. Nobody even thinks twice about /random 100. It's automatically assumed, it's a 6-7k item, people want the plat. I lose the roll and move on. A week later, Obulus Death Shroud drops, I roll and win. No intention of wearing it, I sold it. It all works out in the end.

But you know what really grinds my gears? People who roll and win something, then they immediately roll again when another item of comparable value drops... Not even offering to throw their other item back into the roll. Why roll again when you already won something? But usually that's just because nobody is taking charge to enforce loot rules.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 10-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread just sums up the stark contrasts between this server and an actual EQ server from 1999.

If you took a Tranquil staff while grouped with a monk who needed it back in 2000, your characters would have been blacklisted, if multiple people in the group had rolled on it and they decided whoever rolled the highest deserved it to sell instead of the monk who was going to use it, they would have all been blacklisted.

Having money to spend is not a need, having a new weapon that will greatly increase your DPS, which is 90% of a monks job, is a nice upgrade, and a need.

Same goes for a fungi tunic, though we all know that most people camping the fungi here usually aren't there for their first one. This server just has a bunch of min/maxers that think 30k in their pocket of disposable income is just as important as a monk's primary source of damage being upgraded. Hardly.

Of all classes, a monk. If someone made the mistake of making that for their first main here, unless they happened upon many frugal opportunities along their way up to 51/52 whatever the OP was, they're going to be dead broke.

A weapon that is an upgrade that they will be able to sell for a nice chunk of change after it gets replaced later on > selling the weapon for the SAME chunk of change without getting a single second of use out of it
u appear to have the critical thinking ability of a 6 yr old with low functioning autism
Old 10-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

the same people who complain about "min maxers" are the same people who think that a monk NEEDS to have a t-staff and nobody else should get an upgrade since its such a good upgrade for the monk

contradictory
Old 10-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Banned

11 pages in one day haha fucking smurfs

i will tell you this tho , if you yoink the t staff may as well re roll , the cry baby smurfs will shit your rep up so bad you may as well quit.

you will never hear the end of it

but in all actuality on blue = whole group rolls winner buys something

on red = person who needs yoinks and says suck it , group battle royale and fight to the death

winning
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charms [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread just sums up the stark contrasts between this server and an actual EQ server from 1999.

If you took a Tranquil staff while grouped with a monk who needed it back in 2000, your characters would have been blacklisted, if multiple people in the group had rolled on it and they decided whoever rolled the highest deserved it to sell instead of the monk who was going to use it, they would have all been blacklisted.

Having money to spend is not a need, having a new weapon that will greatly increase your DPS, which is 90% of a monks job, is a nice upgrade, and a need.

Same goes for a fungi tunic, though we all know that most people camping the fungi here usually aren't there for their first one. This server just has a bunch of min/maxers that think 30k in their pocket of disposable income is just as important as a monk's primary source of damage being upgraded. Hardly.

Of all classes, a monk. If someone made the mistake of making that for their first main here, unless they happened upon many frugal opportunities along their way up to 51/52 whatever the OP was, they're going to be dead broke.

A weapon that is an upgrade that they will be able to sell for a nice chunk of change after it gets replaced later on > selling the weapon for the SAME chunk of change without getting a single second of use out of it
someone who actually remembers correctly
Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggies [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
11 pages in one day haha fucking smurfs

i will tell you this tho , if you yoink the t staff may as well re roll , the cry baby smurfs will shit your rep up so bad you may as well quit.

you will never hear the end of it

but in all actuality on blue = whole group rolls winner buys something

on red = person who needs yoinks and says suck it , group battle royale and fight to the death

winning
54 players online on Red on a Saturday night. You know what else i can do if i don't want to have to worry about drama and bitching? Create my own server and play alone, not much difference than what I'd be doing by rolling on Red. Face it, your server will never be populated, no matter how many crying posts you make on blue forums.
[XX Rogue] Hailto (Half-Elf)
Red:
[21 Wizard] Hailto (Dark-Elf)
Old 10-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Sarnak

I am pretty sure most of us have accepted Red is a failure and we need not talk about such things. Let us sweep that one under the rug and never bring it up again. Please.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Banned

red was a good server , and it had potential but the people on it ruined it

release day i played for 5 mins then quit due to horrible exp , not going to grind that out to deal with griefing , better things to do , i showed up 3 months later and gave it a go , got into my 40s and saw how selfish everyone was , and how no one gave a shit except nilly

joined nilly , watched them exploit , mentioned it in vent , was gibbed on a vox raid , quit 2 days later.

came back a month ago for 2 weeks had fun , exp got slow , game over.

currently playing minecraft in search of new game

the quest continues pals
Old 10-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Quote:
Why