Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Banned

Default How long until we see a game that captures the element like EQ did???

What I mean is. How many years do you think it will take. For a game that is new to bring stuff back to the table that is just magical. Like a complete accident into it's making and coordination. I don't think people in the begining expected EQ to be so magical. Mind you right place at the right time. With technology. I am yet curious tho if any of you have a idea what game this might be or if there will ever be a game. So far p1999 when I first played it recaptured a good element of what it was like to be Wowed again. Just by the nostalgia.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Fire Giant

hrmm...

recently i got very much into L.A Noire (i know different games entirely) but there has been and there are plenty of games with "wow-factor" available.
Obviously everyone here will agree P99 has the wow factor when you first create a character here (and possibly all the way up to lvl 46) because thats why they sought out the server - to experience how they felt playing way-back-when.
I know WoW is shit...but i must admit when i first switched from EQ and had a "quick go", the "quick go" turned into a solid 3 or 4 months playing, before other stuff made me stop playing.

oh, id say the people you met / played with in classic EQ was a big factor to how much we all enjoyed it. I'm sure 99% of people when they came to p99 did a /who so and so all, almost immediately, to see if any old names from their classic server were here.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

My opinion is never.
Closed Thread