Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:47 AM
Orc

Default Consensus on Looting Etiquite?

Back when I played on Bristlebane, groups generally used round robin or assigned a master looter, and people normally asked/were told how the group was handling loot on joining.

Here, however, looting (and I'm speaking of simply vendor trash here, so this mainly applies to lower level groups) seems to be very rarely discussed and most people go with the flow. It seems many players don't care about trash drops, which is understandable, but on the other hand there are some players who like to loot as much as they can carry as fast as possible. It annoys me very much to see the same person continually looting while others take nothing (mainly casters medding), but - unlike Live - no one ever calls them out for being greedy.

Going further, if no one talks about how loot is handled, is there a general rule for how valuable drops are rolled on? I have personally always been in favour of NBG, but you would be shooting yourself in the foot if you passed on an FBSS because of NBG then later lost your GEBs due to all greed.

*Etiquette even >_>
Last edited by Leokaiser; 08-20-2011 at 07:18 AM..
Old 08-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Aviak

Common sense applies...

When you group, ask what the rules are.
If you don't like the rules, try to have them changed.
If you cannot have them changed, then leave if you must, but leave before any real pulls begin.
If you leave after, you are a dick, if you leave before then at least nobody is going to RnF you.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Me and my IB gang have adopted new rules - the yoink rules.

What you do is if you loot a corpse and it has something you want, you loot it, and must say "yoink" in groupchat. If no one complains, you get to keep it.

Essentially people are just too concerned with exp to worry about loot for the most part (on this server as opposed to others from live). I've rarely ever "discussed" loot rules as far as cash went; people have just been sensible about it. I jokingly made up the term "cleric's privilege" when I started casting naltron on my group and I mandated a ruby crown go to me, but that's just cuz I'm a silly goose and I had already looted it.

As far as valuables, when I leveled 1-50 in 2009 it was NBG without question. "Greedy" casters would avoid frenzy groups because it was a "waste of their time" since it was universally understood the fbss went directly to a melee. Once it was suggested that the fbss would "greed" roll...? I was like I got an fbss but um, no?

Now apparently that mentality has changed. I still preach nbg and there are others that do as well, but I won that BIS cleric ring in chardok and had to hand it to the cleric (who I think quit idk but that's not the point). I found it very interesting in seb with the hiero cloak, in basically a very direct analogy to the fbss scenario, someone couldn't believe I said NBG. So ya nowadays I guess someone will say "nbg?" or "greed roll?" when something expensive drops. I would directly ask the person who could use it if he needs it to try to stick nbg on the group automatically.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Fire Giant

2 things come to mind

1 . ) Name me a class who doesnt wear a heiro cloak BIS unless they are a raiding guild melee class who already has a CoF (0.1% of the server). I get what you mean, just heiro is a bad example. It's yummy for everyone, really.

2. ) Hasbinbad and Bisch are probably the 2 quickest-on-the-corpse people i've ever grouped with. I swear they must be manually plugged in to Rogeans server and live in his basement. I've seen loot messages before xp messages. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

lol oops. I'm a kunark nubcake. when the situation arose and I said nbg, then a caster said so if that cloak drops it's nbg, I just assumed it was a melee cloak. I honestly don't even know the stats.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Group with chums, avoid rubbish.

What I never understood was how casters are always all "spells are need!", but all the gear drops oughta be greed. I mean, wut? Imo at that point MT oughta disband and WC cap.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

lol well most time words or pages about all id want as a caster i mean if you want cash you can farm np usually in a group all i care about is xp i mean of course if its gems that sell 75 plat or more i def want to spilt those up lol but other than that who cares
Old 08-20-2011, 11:10 AM
Fire Giant

Spell drops sure as hell better be need if someone in the group doesn't have it scribed. Just saying.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 08-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Aviak

I stand behind need before greed 100% - I'm fine with a few dishonest people making a little extra cash as long as I don't have to waste time buying stuff in EC.

EC people are the worst, especially the ones who won't tell you how much they want for an item no matter what and you have to guess. I JUST WANT TO BUY YOUR THING AND GET OUT OF HERE! TELL ME HOW MUCH MONEY YOU WANT! >:(
Old 08-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

You aren't high level enough to have been in groups with any valuable drops. They start doing alpha loot on expensive gems and declaring whether groups are NBG or not later on in levels. I've noticed the general rule is, if an item is under about 10k - most group members will let it go NBG - or pass on it in this way in favor of the more expensive drop if there is one at the camp. The high value items in pickup groups, they're always GREED rolls.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Closed Thread