Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Default Kazen Fecae (Lake Rathe) - Necromancer Epic

You should be able to trigger the Bone Golem chain event in Lake Rathe by 1) turning Symbol of Testing (Mainsi Herb) to Kazen Fecae or 2) killing Kazen Fecae himself. This is supported by several posts on Allahkazam from late 2002, and further evidenced by a patch note on January 28, 2003, identifying the shortcut and disabling it.

Currently, you can only trigger the Bone Golem chain event by turning in the Symbol of Loyalty. This should be changed for the duration of the server to allow Kazen Fecae's death to begin the chain as well.

Nov 01 2002
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...03612663564050
Quote:
well... time to clear some stuff up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] No 1... this guy never aoe'd us when we did this tonight... no 2 His apprentice can dd for 700... no 3 he doesn't hit for 1400 consistantly... one time was 1400 then 100, the next 1100 then 500, next 200, 100... he's very inconsistant... we did it with 9 people and only 1 healer... I recommend 2 but not too tough. And yes... you can kill him to bypass the chardok piece of the necro epic... killing him spawns the needed npcs that drop the stuff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oct 21 2002
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/n...03520320179197
Quote:
Okay here goes. My necro friend says that theres an alternative way of doing part of the necro epic. To avoid going to chardok you must kill Kazen and his other wizzy friend. Once you have killed them both, 2 skellys (unsure of level, blue to 52 Ranger) will pop. You need to kill these asap so they dont despawn. Once those 2 have been killed, a spectre (red to 52 ranger) will spawn. Kill this guy and he will drop part of the necro epic (unsure of what it is, was 4am in the UK when i helped out so i had to log as soon as he was down). Anyway, info on the mobs. We had 3 groups with average level of around 54 (no 60's) First of all we killed Kazen's friend who was no problem at all. Then it was time for Kazen.....a totally different story. He AoE nukes for 700ish then when hes OOM he starts to double for 1400 (not a typo 1400!!!!!) We somehow managed to kill him, iwas the only melee alive due to the fact i got feared for half the fight and the casters had lots of agro so i just ran around after him till he ran. The 2 skellys tha were next werent a problem with only a handful of us left. Then the spectre spawned, quads for about 200 and fast. Most of the healers were oom so i dropped at the very end with the spectre on about 2%hp.

Anyway, hope this helps you. Not sure if its easier than the chardok part but it was fun for sure.

Pentegal
52 Ranger (Maison Noble) Xegony

Changed on 01/28/2003:
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20030128.html
Quote:
Killing Kazen Fecae is no longer a viable path to the completion of the Necromancer Epic quest.
Old 07-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Project Manager

I'll work on this, but I want to make sure proper difficulty exists prior to opening up another path of epic completion.

Should Emkel assist Kazen?

Should there be only 1 bone golem that spawns? Quote mentions 2 skeletons spawn.

What is the 700 pt AOE mentioned? Need to make sure that exists.

So far:

-increased Kazen's max hit
-bone golems will now flee and not be considered undead
Last edited by nilbog; 07-05-2012 at 02:41 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 PM
Kobold

Default more info

Here is some more info on this. Another post from 2002:

"A suggestion on how to not go to Chardok. I read up on it, and saw that
you can kill Kazen and he will spawn the Failed Apprentice. This skips
the Golem, but you don't have to ruin Chardok faction, or wait forever for
the herb to drop. Although Emkel doesn't do anything in terms of the
quest, he will help Kazen, so you have to drop him too. Kazen casts 700
AOEs, and when he runs out of mana, he quads for 1400. Also read that he
has around 25khp. When he drops, the Apprentice spawns, and then you have
to kill him for the Tormented Spirit to spawn and get the next symbol.
Then you can continue on your way."

taken from here :
http://archaicarbitrators.yuku.com/t...3#.UBwkOvZlQzI
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

This still being considered?
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 01-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Aviak

So, We killed Kazen, and emekul or whatever.. on 12/31/2012.. nothing spawned.

no failed apprentice, no bone golem nothing..

Also, Kazen's spawn timer on mqemulator says he's a 6 minute 30 second spawn.. he's not.. we've been here about 20 and he hasn't spawned yet.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, Kazen's spawn timer on mqemulator says he's a 6 minute 30 second spawn.. he's not.. we've been here about 20 and he hasn't spawned yet.
Not a worthy source of information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll work on this, but I want to make sure proper difficulty exists prior to opening up another path of epic completion.

Should there be only 1 bone golem that spawns? Quote mentions 2 skeletons spawn.

So far:

Pending update, Emkel will assist Kazen. Need bolded questions answered before proceeding.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So far:

The 2 skeletons he's speaking about are the Bone golem and the Failed apprentice.. They're supposed to spawn in sequence.. Bone golem > Failed apprentice > Tortured soul.

He's not really clear on whether they popped immediately, or whether they popped in sequence.. I'd assume they spawn in sequence though since they're scripted to go that way.. (spawning 2 bone golems might allow for 2 apprentices and 2 tortured souls).

As far as the 700 AE goes, The first person on oct 21 2002 says that he does it, but then mentions that "...was 4am in the UK when i helped out so i had to log as soon as he was down".. So chances are he could be confused / tired / didn't remember correctly.

A later post on november 1 2002 from a different person states that He didn't AE, but his apprentice does.. which makes a lot more sense since Emkel is classified as a wizard, and wizards love using that "Pillar of Flame" spell when there's large groups surrounding them..

To further support this, the first guy also mentions that he was feared for half the fight which makes more sense since Kazen is a necromancer and would much more likely cast fear than some AE DD for 700.

As far as the post from unfun, it looks to me like the guy who posted that read the allakhazam post and copied over the original misinformation.. since the original post was oct 21 2002, and unfun's referenced quote is from dec 15 2002.
Last edited by Furme; 01-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.. Reason: extra note
Old 02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Aviak

bumping again
Old 02-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

I believe furme has got the accurate information regarding aoe from emkel. Will edit post if i can find more information backing this up
Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

Killing Kazen Fecae will start the bone golem chain
Closed Thread