Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SZ came out after kunark (in velious) so the t staff we had on there was already nerfed ( I THINK NOT 100%) also it was rare as fuck and not many monks. this class relies on a proc to kill most people 1v1 so it wasnt too appealing on SZ when you had manaburning wizards all over the fuckin place. fuck the police.
That would be great except:

1) When was t-staff ever nerfed? I'd like to see the patch notes on that one.
2) There were no manaburning wizards when the chart linked was posted

The SZ leaderboards are a pretty strong statement I think. They show pretty much what we see here currently (druids and wizards are good) with the strong exception that monks are nowhere near elite status on the SZ boards and are pretty sick here.
Last edited by Vayder; 02-05-2013 at 08:22 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

i must be overlooking link to sz leader boards. link again?

SZ came out middle or late 2001. luclin is right around the corner so how is there not mana burning wizards unless its a real early board.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Planar Protector

btw training was legal on sz, you think monks were trying to pvp toe to toe on there? lulz monks were too busy causing a train fest to sit there and wait for a t-staff proc which i am sure wasnt even close to as farmed as it is here because luclin came out pretty early.

basically what im saying is w/e leaderboard thing you are talking about doesnt take into consideration that alot kills were due to trains.

about the nerf, i assumed the drop rate was nerfed because that shit was rare as fuck on live. there are already a dozen floating around on here so i thought the drop rate was different than live. guess not?
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i must be overlooking link to sz leader boards. link again?

SZ came out middle or late 2001. luclin is right around the corner so how is there not mana burning wizards unless its a real early board.
SZ had been out for more than 6 months -- date of leader board is Dec. 5th, 2001. Luclin has been out 2 days.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

I think using that leaderboard as any kind of proof is a little silly. I mean if there was a red99 Leaderboard, I doubt even Nizzarr would be top 50 in kills since Kunark. Wizards/Druids would still be on top. Let's face it there just wasnt alot of monks running around SZ. the ones that were there were training the shit out of people so ofc they arent on leaderboard.

if training were legal here, i can imagine there would be at least 1-2 less t staffs do to KC being a fucking nightmare to farm anything. people would be training there all the time, day and night.
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 02-05-2013 at 11:10 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I think using that leaderboard as any kind of proof is a little silly.
I think the Leaderboard was just an example. The other links provided show that the tstaff was a random variable duration stun, rather than the fixed duration stun that exists on r99.

That is the 'bug'.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

ya im actually happy that someone linked that. had forgotten about it. i cracked a smile when i saw a few of the people on that list. hehe
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

anyone talk to seary about it? main'd a monk with a t-staff. he should know whats up.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:32 AM
Aviak

Item loot sounds pretty cool.

8-9 of these things is a lot when that's like 8-9% of the server population using it at any given time. It's still a pretty rare item overall.

If you've got a problem with people running around with their dicks hanging out of their zippers 24/7 ready to tickle your throat, use the threat of cutting off those dicks to force them back into their pants some of the time.

Dicks are OP, but they're also rare, and precious. People are going to be far less likely to charge at you and your group dick-first if the prospect of getting zerged and summarily neutered is real. Dicks are far less OP when you don't have one anymore.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

Phonin this one up to the booth.

Big Avon get this proc effect tested on EQ Mac, dawg.
Closed Thread