Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot about that gem. What a great display of wanting competition and how skewed the definition of competition has become on this server.
i remember this too lol, nothing more "competitive" than 150 ppl sitting on trak's spawn waiting for him to pop, the funny part was when 75 of them went LD when he finally did pop lol

on topic tho, arent these changes pretty much the exact opposite of what you guys said you were going to do? which was lessen variance? why add more variance??
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to clarify some misinformation that was provided with the latest patch, starting with the lack of a patch note and then an error in confirmation on my part.

Back when we were discussing changes about extending the window of a mob's spawn when it fell within the last 15%, I wrote some code to show as an example. Turns out that code ended up staying in and I had forgotten about it, and it went live with the latest compile.

So...

Patch Note: Respawn timers that fall within the last 15% of a window will now be extended by a random amount up to 24 additional hours, repeating accumlatively until the window is under 85% for total potential spawn time. This currently applies to all mobs who have any variance at all, but will be adjusted next patch to only include mobs that have a minimum base spawn of 2 days or more.
Gotcha , we'll deal with it thanks

Dvim - Erudite Cleric
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by uygi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Combobreaker
does this count for red also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
This currently applies to all mobs who have any variance at all....
Confirmed, all variance mobs on red have extended windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Respawn timers that fall within the last 15% of a window will now be extended by a random amount up to 24 additional hours
Seems to me that we'll all know when an initial extension occurs, but since the extension is a random duration you'll never know when the new "window" ends. Basically it just changes the window from a purely linear random chance to a new curve that leans slightly towards longer windows being longer still.
Heard that this was not in effect for red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combobreaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard that this was not in effect for red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to camp mobs forever you should probably be on blue Ezpk, come fight for them.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE in any form is still the root cause of all of this bullshit.

Stop strying to treat the symptoms, heal the actual ailment.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to camp mobs forever you should probably be on blue Ezpk, come fight for them.
The only problem we on Red are having

is that 40 zergling fucks all log in on sunday - for 5 hours

and clear every named spawn available to server - because we have no variance.

40 vs 12-16 every week for every named mob to spawn on sunday is retarded
Old 03-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

You guys got sev to 97% with 20+ you have bigger issues [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 PM
Planar Protector

id say it would help open up the raid scene on red if this were put into effect. more pixels to go round, bigger pop, not sure whats to lose.

note; i arent interested in raiding. just observing
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM
Banned

One time, on red. Nihilum didn't raid everything on Sunday. Mobs were spread out across the week. End Result? Nihilum still killed every mob uncontested. I think Azrael did kill draco and clear Fear for us to kill CT a few times though.

You can't honestly think we have 40 people on any raid right? You zoned into KS while we were clearing for VS and saw 34 of us. I think we did have 37 at one point, which is the highest number I have seen in a long time. But I always forget how bad your math skill are. 34=40 2=27 Trak Tooth=20k Lifetap

If you want to contest mobs, think about calling a raid sometime. Maybe schedule something to contest? You can't tell me all of your guild goes to church on Sunday and stays there all day.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

Free inside info. Trak will be up tonight and we're not killing it tonight. Enjoy. Gorenaire up vox up as well. I expect big kill shots from you guys.