Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, its funny now that the way to entice people to red is to tell them:

1. not classic server.
2. don't have to pvp
3. two weeks to sixty
4. all the gear and camps you want.

sounds awesome. you guys on red hardcore man, hardcore
It is true, blue is much more hardcore than red but who wants to be hardcore if it entails a bunch of poopsocking.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is true, blue is much more hardcore than red but who wants to be hardcore if it entails a bunch of poopsocking.
Sorry I've never equated sitting at a computer drinking mountain dew and eating cheetos while your body slowly swallows a chair with the word hardcore. I don't understand this usage of the word.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol, its funny now that the way to entice people to red is to tell them:

1. not classic server.
2. don't have to pvp
3. two weeks to sixty
4. all the gear and camps you want.

sounds awesome. you guys on red hardcore man, hardcore
Red99 is the most blue pvp server I have ever seen. It is not a hardcore pvp server. You are more likely to find a player that will help you than pvp you.

Personally I would rather have a more pvp oriented mindset and ruleset, but I am just saying how it is

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Kobold

I am using his version of hardcore obviously, just pointing out that who wants to be hardcore if thats what being hardcore is.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lawyering and negotiation takes far greater skill than PVP and is far more rewarding. I can understand why some of you would be intimidated by it.
Huh?

To me its sad that guilds have to dedicate incredible amounts of manhours to negotiate and navigate the labyrinthian raid rotation policy instead of playing the damn game (though it is way better than the 2 year TMO monopoly - then again with PvP that wouldn't have even happened)

More skill to negotiate than stay alive in PvP? Absolutely not. More rewarding to sit in a 7 hour VOIP meeting with man-children? Not rewarding at all
Old 11-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Banned

Before player grief too much and no one will play server

Player too nice now and will not play

Is it pixels on blue you will not leave? pls tells us
Old 11-14-2014, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niedar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am using his version of hardcore obviously, just pointing out that who wants to be hardcore if thats what being hardcore is.
Playing video games is not hardcore. Its something you do for fun. If its more than that, you probably need to reevaluate your life. Not speaking to anyone in particular, just a general statement.
Old 11-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

On TZ I enjoyed the time spent at low level fighting in crushbone, making raids against misty thicket and so on.

On r99 the XP is way too fast and you miss out on the tweenie pvp experience, which is what I always enjoyed most [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 11-14-2014, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

The end game PvP is what most people enjoy, hence the exp boost.

There are a lot of silly things in EQ that were painstaking and awful that the Red server eliminated. I think I didn't hit 60 on live until Luclin, and I started the day Kunark dropped. Exp was ridiculous, and most of the lower level stuff isn't terribly exciting.

There truly is a reason why WoW altered that slow moving experience from their game, and it's probably a big part of why they're the most lucrative MMO.

Medding with a spell book open? Awful classic aspect of EQ. First person old school UI? Also awful.

If you haven't PvP'd at the high end, you lack almost all credence to comment on how shitty PvP is. The OOC can certainly be a problem, but it can also be turned off.
Old 11-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lawyering and negotiation...
Live servers weren't open to lawyering tho (in the spirit of saying red isn't classic etc)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread