Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Returning player-What classes does p1999 need?

Hey P1999,

I've just loaded up EQ again and looking forward to getting back in the game.

I used to play a necro and I still have him, but I want to roll something different. What class/race combo is the server hurting on and what class/race combo do we have too much of? And no, I'm not rolling a cleric of any race!

I'm thinking of Iksar SK, but it seems like those are crawling everywhere.

Thanks for any replies and can't wait to see you guys in game!
Old 06-17-2012, 05:32 AM
Sarnak

Just don't make .. Druid,Necro, I guess.
They are awesome, just so many.. And kisser Necro... Eww hybrid exp and iksar exp
Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'll have to look up the exp factors in the race, but I do love myself some iksar.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:38 AM
Sarnak

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...ence_Penalties

I believe this will help you. And probably dishearten you.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ouch, maybe an Iksar Warrior will do.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Planar Protector

It's worse than you think. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...e_Class_Matrix

Iksar SK is 1.68. Worse thing in the game.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's worse than you think. http://wiki.project1999.org/index.ph...e_Class_Matrix

Iksar SK is 1.68. Worse thing in the game.
Oh, your link is much better and requires no math!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

As far as casters go, Druids and Necromancers are rather numerous. Druids are almost certainly the most numerous class on P1999. There are also a significant number of Shamans and Clerics. Most the Clerics appear to be clustered at high levels. Magician, Wizard, and Enchanter populations seem mid range.

In general casters tend to outnumber melee. In particular, Rangers and Paladins are extremely under-represented and are likely the two least-played classes on P1999. It's a toss up as to which is actually rarest. Rogues aren't terribly common either. Tanks as an archtype aren't all that numerous; Druids often individually outnumber all three tank classes combined. Warriors are the most numerous of the three but still could be considered mid range in popularity at best. Paladin and Shadow Knight population, small as it is, seems focused mostly in the lower level ranges and peters out at higher levels as the hybrid experience penalty takes its toll. Monks are by far the most common melee class; as such there's no great need for more monks.

I can't speak for what the top guilds need (presumably they never have enough Bards or Clerics), but in the leveling game most any class is welcome. I say pick whatever works for you, while keeping in mind the significant experience penalty of certain race/class choices.

Danth
Old 06-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Fire Giant

very few high elf paladins. there you go!
Old 06-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Large Rat

Been running a high elf pally. Started level 1-13 at crushbone, levels 13-20 in unrest, got ported to loio by Detox which was my guild at the time, came back to unrest and hit 27 yesterday. It's definitely not easy at first when your melee is limited and your spells are nil, but once you hit 8 you start seeing abilities. By now i'm using double attack, bash/flash of light to draw aggro and disrupt spells, and doing very well with ward undead and a ghoulbane. It's not easy but the journey is rewarding!
Closed Thread