Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 01:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default no map?

Tried searching the forums and google and couldn't find anything about it, when I hit the map key in game it says map for project1999 has been disabled, why is this? Am I doing something wrong? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, hi. I'm new here, and new to everquest. Nice to meet you.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

nope, no maps in original eq, there was a few sites that had maps, EQmaps EQatlas

read this https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41480 he's got links to sites with the old world maps
Old 11-20-2014, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Maps were not classic, so you do not have access in-game.
Old 11-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Hello & hth~
http://wiki.project1999.com/Zones
Old 11-20-2014, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Welcome to the server!

Interestingly enough, the absence of maps in game I think makes us more like actual explorers because we have to read the maps rather than spinning around till our character marker is pointing in the right direction. You'll find all the maps you need on the Project1999 wiki. Coordinates (/loc) come (North/South, East/West). And don't forget to level up sense heading.
Old 11-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the info guys, is there a good way to tell if you are heading north, south, etc? I've played a lot of the souls games so the no map thing won't be too hard to adjust to, some way to get my bearings would be nice though.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimVolk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the info guys, is there a good way to tell if you are heading north, south, etc? I've played a lot of the souls games so the no map thing won't be too hard to adjust to, some way to get my bearings would be nice though.
Ctrl+A -> abilities page

Hit one of the buttons, and then click on sense heading. Now take that sense heading button, long press it until it's on your cursor, and drag it to the hotbar (I like I put it on the last one, which is the bottom right)

Now go to big EQ button -> options -> key bindings. Now go to "All' in the dropdown. Scroll until you see the 'hotkey' page. Now assign the 10th hotkey to your movement keys (left / right turn, A or D is popular).

Now any time you move left or right, it's going to hit the sense heading ability key and it will level very fast.

But wait - there's more! You can create a macro to do multiple abilities at the same time. In the same Ctrl+A window, go to the tab on the far right, scroll to the next page, hit one of the openings. A window should pop up with a title, and then lines below. Title the key "movement" and in the spaces below put the follow:
/doability 1 (if that is where sense heading is)
/doability 2 (put tracking or forage here)

Now drag that macro hotkey to the place where you had the movement hotkey setup, and bam! You're instantly leveling sense heading + tracking (optional) + forage (optional) as you move around

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 11-20-2014, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

You have to go to your Guild Leader and train Sense Heading. You can cap it out at 200 even at level 1 if you are sort of a crazy person.

It was in this server in the beginning, but they took it out I guess about a year ago. So no, no maps. There are web sites that show EQ Maps that I would put in favorites. But you have to have Sense Heading kind of up there to figure out which way to go. Go to Yahoo to figure out what /loc means and how to read it to get North South East and West. It took me a long time to fugue it out but pretty easy once you get it.

This game is Hard Mode and that is what sort of makes it fun to play. Hell at times you want to slit your wrists. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by webrunner5; 11-21-2014 at 03:53 AM..
Old 11-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Speaking of sense heading, doesn't the compass come back sometime during velious?
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ctrl+A -> abilities page

Hit one of the buttons, and then click on sense heading. Now take that sense heading button, long press it until it's on your cursor, and drag it to the hotbar (I like I put it on the last one, which is the bottom right)

Now go to big EQ button -> options -> key bindings. Now go to "All' in the dropdown. Scroll until you see the 'hotkey' page. Now assign the 10th hotkey to your movement keys (left / right turn, A or D is popular).

Now any time you move left or right, it's going to hit the sense heading ability key and it will level very fast.

But wait - there's more! You can create a macro to do multiple abilities at the same time. In the same Ctrl+A window, go to the tab on the far right, scroll to the next page, hit one of the openings. A window should pop up with a title, and then lines below. Title the key "movement" and in the spaces below put the follow:
/doability 1 (if that is where sense heading is)
/doability 2 (put tracking or forage here)

Now drag that macro hotkey to the place where you had the movement hotkey setup, and bam! You're instantly leveling sense heading + tracking (optional) + forage (optional) as you move around

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to go to your Guild Leader and train Sense Heading. You can cap it out at 200 even at level 1 if you are sort of a crazy person.

It was in this server in the beginning, but they took it out I guess about a year ago. So no, no maps. There are web sites that show EQ Maps that I would put in favorites. But you have to have Sense Heading kind of up there to figure out which way to go. Go to Yahoo to figure out what /loc means and how to read it to get North South East and West. It took me a long time to fugue it out but pretty easy once you get it.

This game is Hard Mode and that is what sort of makes it fun to play. Ell at times you want to slit your wrists. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks a ton guys! Super helpful, will definitely set up some macros. Also really nice to get some friendly answers and not a bunch of people telling me to go stick it for not knowing things. Think I'll be sticking around here a while.
Closed Thread