Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Skeleton

Default Lost 9k and no one cares.

So I am posting this here because I posted it in the petition section and no one responded. On July 4th I decided to buy a pair of Golden Efreeti boots. After a bit of haggling I found a seller who was willing to sell them for 9000 platinum I put the platinum in the trade window, the seller puts the boots in the window and I push trade. The plat was gone but there was no boots in my inventory, WTF? The seller told me he still had the boots, but all my hard earned plat was gone. I have petitions many many times in game and on the forums, but no one has helped me at all. It feels like I worked a year at a job and then my savings account just vanished. I have not felt like playing since this happened, I hope some one that can help reads this and gives me some kind of info on what can be done.

Slowroll Riverrunner 49 Druid
Old 07-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Large Bat

who was the seller
Old 07-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Skeleton

The seller was a guy named Draqnier. The boots where in the trade window when I hit trade so I don't think it was the sellers fault, but who knows.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Planar Protector

can you 100% rule out that the seller did not either accidentally or on purpose somehow dupe you into hitting trade when the efreeti boots weren't in the window?

in other words, is there a way you can be 100% that the seller did not receive your 9k?

it would probably go a long way to proving to a gm if the seller comes forward to corroborate your story. even then, it would be kind of difficult to prove the cash just "vanished" as time goes on.

I'm somewhat skeptical because I have not heard of this bug before reported by anyone else so far...it seems "more likely than not" that you were duped by someone.

Anyways, I hope you can get some help from someone. I care for you.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Sarnak

I had something similar happen before, except it was with a cloak that was worth like 50pp at most heh

Bought the cloak off someone, proceeded to zone out of EC and I look in my inventory and it's not there. I'm like "wtf?" and talk to the guy and he said it was gone, but it's just 50pp, so I tell the guy I'll buy the other one he had. We make the exchange, this time I look and I see the cloak distinctly sitting in my inventory. Zone out of EC again, look, and the damn cloak was gone again.

Never seen it happen since then :dunno:
Old 07-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Sarnak

^ I'll add that I am absolutely sure the cloak was in the trade window both times when I clicked trade, after the other guy already had, since I pretty much always let the other person click trade first while I give the trade one last look to make sure it's legit, and was especially sure for the second one, given what happened the first time, and I also distinctly saw the cloak in my inventory afterwards, and after zoning that same slot was empty, with no cloak anywhere in my inv at all, nor being worn by my character.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Skeleton

Sure I could have been duped, but I don't know how. I petitioned in game and on the forums right when it happened so some one could look at the logs and see how the trade went down, but no response. When it happened the Draqnier guy did say that I shouldn't mention his name, that other people had talked bad about him on the forums, which did sounds sketchy.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Sarnak

^ also, sweet run on sentence bro
Old 07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

my sentence, not the guy who ninja posted before I did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2010, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowroll [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The seller was a guy named Draqnier. The boots where in the trade window when I hit trade so I don't think it was the sellers fault, but who knows.
Although there was/is a known trade bug, Draqnier is also a known scammer so I wouldnt be surprised the least that you got scammed somehow.
Closed Thread