Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Question Anyone remember reading those classic "Get rich quick" EQ advertisements?

Back in 2000 i remember reading a webpage, or advertisement that talked about someone/company you pay logging onto your character and doing certain things to make money and then something else about dropping the money on the ground. i think i remember it was expensive too. I cant really remember much else. Anyone remember these? maybe someone can dig up that page on wayback machine, i'd really love to see it.

But really... You could drop money on the ground in EQ? i don't believe it.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes it was fine on Live for years - they disabled it here to keep track of the Platlord/RMT action. Every trade is logged, isn't it?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

Yep, I remember when you could drop coin and enchanters could use their illusion spells next to it and look like coins. It was funny to see people trying to pick them up.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Planar Protector

I remember the game crashing for me when I would run over a coin on the ground.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Fire Giant

Back in classic I would spend entire days roaming around cities and starting areas with levitate looking around in nooks and corners for people trying to self transfer by dropping coin and items on the ground. I actually made a great deal of money surprisingly.

Millburn Pennybags - Blue
Palmer Eldritch - Teal
Old 06-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

On my very first journey out of Gfay as a high elf cleric, the long travel to Blackburrow was very slow. My partner had to keep stopping to allow me to keep up. He asked me if I was encumbered. After he explained what encumbered meant and how to tell, I said yes. He said "we need to get your some strength gear apparently". Shortly after, he was struck dead by a treant (troll) in Karana. While I waited the long time for him to run back, I started looking at my inventory. OH! Look! I have over 1,000 copper! I ran to the corner of a building, and dropped it on the ground, then ran back to where he left me. I never said another word about it. I'm sure he wondered how I was magically able to keep up after his return, but neither one of us ever mentioned it again.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my very first journey out of Gfay as a high elf cleric, the long travel to Blackburrow was very slow. My partner had to keep stopping to allow me to keep up. He asked me if I was encumbered. After he explained what encumbered meant and how to tell, I said yes. He said "we need to get your some strength gear apparently". Shortly after, he was struck dead by a treant (troll) in Karana. While I waited the long time for him to run back, I started looking at my inventory. OH! Look! I have over 1,000 copper! I ran to the corner of a building, and dropped it on the ground, then ran back to where he left me. I never said another word about it. I'm sure he wondered how I was magically able to keep up after his return, but neither one of us ever mentioned it again.
The difference between you and I it seems was that I spent the 1000 copper on a basic cloak from the inn shop in Commonlands - only to find out my class (warrior) could not equip it.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Banned

I'll bet my stay here if I was given the powers that be, that I could get rid of your plat lord problem.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashimar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what to say.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they disabled it here
No no. We have never been able to use coin drops. We would certainly do so, and then track it there :P It is disabled on a client level, and also I have never seen the coins in the .s3ds. Someone find them, and we'll see what we can do.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Orc

I miss dropping coin.. I still instinctively try to drop it almost every time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would love if this was brought back.
PortStar - Human Druid P99
Sinfuly - Dark Elf Rogue (MIA 2010) P99
~~
Closed Thread