Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 03:56 AM
Banned

The GMs here are great and very personable. For every innocent person who is banned for boxing, there are 100 that are guilty. The system works.
Old 03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreepin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well thanks for the help, looks like we will all be plain old humans or elf then since we can each be the classes we want.

We will have a well balanced group cleric / shammie / warr / druid / havent made my mind up on SK or ranger.

Not sure who I apply for the IP permission I will have to look it up.

Are all of the quest the same as on blue server? will assume so just want to get a game plan.

Any other suggestions will be welcome.
To get an IP excemption you have to create a post (each person trying to get an excemption) include your character names and account names on all accounts that play from your IP.

to answer the first questions you posted about

This server is in classic right now (manastone and guise in for now)
Plane of fear was recently opened.
Exp boost is really nice
Guilds are good for leveling but if you have 5 people in your family playing all you need are the right classes and you can get to high 30s - low 40s quite easily (tank, cleric, 2dps, and maybe an enchanter or bard)
Two boxing is currently against the rules and probably will be forever.
I would say the majority of the server is in the US (there are the handful of euros) a lot of EST and PST players though.
AS for the rules, they were recently changed - not entirely sure where they are all located and explained though (sorry man)

In my experience on this server (leveling- wise)
1-10 Steamfont
10-18 crushbone
18-30ish either unrest or Sola(depending on ur group make up)(or south karana 23-35 if u have a good bard)
35-45 mistmoore imo

hope this helps man! welcome to the server!
45-50 guk/solb/etc
Old 03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To get an IP excemption you have to create a post (each person trying to get an excemption) include your character names and account names on all accounts that play from your IP.

to answer the first questions you posted about

This server is in classic right now (manastone and guise in for now)
Plane of fear was recently opened.
Exp boost is really nice
Guilds are good for leveling but if you have 5 people in your family playing all you need are the right classes and you can get to high 30s - low 40s quite easily (tank, cleric, 2dps, and maybe an enchanter or bard)
Two boxing is currently against the rules and probably will be forever.
I would say the majority of the server is in the US (there are the handful of euros) a lot of EST and PST players though.
AS for the rules, they were recently changed - not entirely sure where they are all located and explained though (sorry man)

In my experience on this server (leveling- wise)
1-10 Steamfont
10-18 crushbone
18-30ish either unrest or Sola(depending on ur group make up)(or south karana 23-35 if u have a good bard)
35-45 mistmoore imo

hope this helps man! welcome to the server!
45-50 guk/solb/etc

Well our boys wont be on the forums as there ages range from 10 to 14. But I can post character names ect if this is the route we are going. I know my boys and I can see one of them going afk to answer mom or run to rest room then get semi side tracked. Then from what I am reading face possible ban.

I think I will try and find a list of server rules so I can see exactly what we are getting into . I know I have gone afk for 20 to 30 minutes in EQ while doing this or that. I would be highly PO ifi came back and found i was baned. I think i will do that today.

As far as group and classes there was discussion if we went to EQ

Sk
Pal
Cleric
Shammie
Druid

Far as classes. Was my experience on pvp server in classic EQ that that make up will provide good exp and pvp squad. Dps heals ports slows tank ect.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by icreepin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well our boys wont be on the forums as there ages range from 10 to 14. But I can post character names ect if this is the route we are going. I know my boys and I can see one of them going afk to answer mom or run to rest room then get semi side tracked. Then from what I am reading face possible ban.

I think I will try and find a list of server rules so I can see exactly what we are getting into . I know I have gone afk for 20 to 30 minutes in EQ while doing this or that. I would be highly PO ifi came back and found i was baned. I think i will do that today.

As far as group and classes there was discussion if we went to EQ

Sk
Pal
Cleric
Shammie
Druid

Far as classes. Was my experience on pvp server in classic EQ that that make up will provide good exp and pvp squad. Dps heals ports slows tank ect.
i doubt you would get banned if your son goes afk man

group make up looks pretty good - might wanna get an enchanter or bard in there though since you have a mana intense group
Old 03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i doubt you would get banned if your son goes afk man

group make up looks pretty good - might wanna get an enchanter or bard in there though since you have a mana intense group
Cant only have 5 people in the house and we cant box. I am thinking it wont be hard to find a chanter necro or bard to join the group as we start playing. We have all of the hard classes covered. Although i amV really thinking of being ranger rather then a sk
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

Brady Bunch here is going to get banned for boxing.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Fire Giant

ignore the asshat above
Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brady Bunch here is going to get banned for boxing.
Why would we get baned for boxing? Wifes toon will always be the slowest progressed then mine the kids are gonna have more play time then we will plus we wont be playing from the same location all the time.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Banned

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but in my crystal ball ....

Make sure you log people out if they take 10 minute+ afks. Don't 2box yourself for a quick port or to buff yourself etc.

We do want new people here, but this boxing thing is taken seriously. Amelinda takes her free time to do these exemptions and in your case a large one. Don't play her for a fool or I will hate you down bro.

Hopefully this served as something that will keep you on the ball and responsible with your exemption.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:24 PM
Orc

Look, im going to be honest with you, this server is no place for a 10 year old, in my opinion. You will have asshats that will kill you, try to train you, and then camp your corpse while talking mad shit. Not everyone on the server does things like that, but you will encounter it eventually. Your kids have to be in a position to deal with or avoid griefers, and im not sure they will be able to if their by themselves with the current age.

Food for thought.