Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Planar Protector

Not getting the big deal behind yellow text being bad, it encourages actual PVP taking place on the PVP server. The server as it exists now, is one huge zerg guild which lives inside of Plane of Fear, almost never venturing outside, and then Holocaust and Founding Fathers. There's the occasional skirmish between FF and Holo but really PVP is almost non-existent outside of the occasional nihilum who tries to do manastone for those two hours a day that nihilum isn't farming shit. Yellow text my friends, yellow text.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Planar Protector

btw yellow text may have saved ur poster boy citychamp by alerting his friends
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Skeleton

People talking about 150 people online should try playing from a european time zone, Something that doesn't ever seem to be mentioned here. There are people on the other side of the ocean, believe it or not. A lot of them played everquest, too.

Try finding a group as a melee with a population of 60 with global ooc turned off, it's not a pleasant experience. Combined with the horrid experience rate that was in earlier (nice fix btw) made me and a few friends stop logging in pretty quickly.

For all it's faults vztz did a lot of things right.
The hacking, apart from the zone_cmd and zone crashing, was manageable. A shitty player hacking is still a shitty player and would get owned as such without using any hacks yourself. A lot of people can attest to this. A lot of the asshats around here i'm sure are convinced every singel person on vztz hacked, believe what you want.

There were idiots spamming in ooc every now and then. I turned off ooc when I felt like pretending I was in a desolate hut deep in the djungle. It didn't prevent me from being victorious in pvp. It's not as if people will report every time someone is entering the zone you're in.

The feeling of a community here, especially during euro hours, is unfortunately non existent.
Join .irc is a shitty argument. It's hell of a lot easier for the people who would prefer not to use ooc to turn it off than forceing everyone who want's it to tab in and out to a IRC channel.

I'd give it another go with global ooc implemented. For what it's worth that's at least one more potential player.

By the way, who the fuck is this Harrison person?
It's funny he thinks anyone gives a fuck about who exploited and cheated in the past.
Not funny in the way where you laugh with someone. Funny in the way where you laugh at someone.
I guess life get's easier if you try to find a purpose to it. Harrisons is obviously to make sure no one ever forgets who did what, where and when (on an emulated eq server). Funny after scrolling past a thousand of his posts i still have no idea who did what and for every post i care even less.

/ Hizzy
Old 03-08-2012, 06:42 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not getting the big deal behind yellow text being bad, it encourages actual PVP taking place on the PVP server. text.
QFT... this this this! Yellow texts lets people know where shit is going down, and it can be used to both locate hotspots or avoid them... so its balanced either way. Speaking of hotspots, maybe we could get rotating overland zones that give dungeon modifier EXP bonus on certain schedules, LIVE did this at some point to encourage people to congregate in certain areas and other emus did as well if im not mistaken.

At this point GLOBAL OOC needs to be implemented, because if it isnt there is no way new players starting on this server with no outside help will stand a chance in HELL of sticking around in the newbie zones when their all by themselves.

So if all the new players who come quit shortly after, where does that leave the server? Old players will get bored quit, some may get griefed to quit, eventually the population will dwindle and it will be GG for Project 1999 red, another PVP server and last remaining one DOWN THE DRAIN FOREVER.

Put limits on OOC, one message per 60 seconds, to prevent excessive spamming, whatever I DONT care... and telling me to alt tab to an IRC channel is pure fail, especially if the same effect can be more convienatly gotten in the game.

This server is GOING to die, without new blood sticking around, mark my words. I really like this server and if it does die, I will be very very sad. Anything that facilitates community and or pvp on a PVP server should be implemented!

Also all the idiots deleveling people for luls your only cutting your own throat. Every person you permanently grief off the server is one less PVP opportunity and one less potential group mate. When/if Rogean decides to shut down the server due to it being too much to manage or too low pop then the few wankers that will remain will be very tearful, no doubt.

If you want to see what a desolate server looks like, I encourage you to check out EQ live PVP server, you may find there are eery similarities between this box and live pvp server despite 14 expansions or so worth of content difference.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:25 PM
Sarnak

Im sure this would be abused, but i acknowledge the advantages, easier to group, livelier server etc...

At this point i dont care, devs could always take it off if its heavily abused.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

i feast on the tears of this thread , cry more guys
Old 03-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im sure this would be abused, but i acknowledge the advantages, easier to group, livelier server etc...

At this point i dont care, devs could always take it off if its heavily abused.
they wont have to ever take it off because they wont put it in

because they dont care ! Move along plz
Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Incorrect, yellow text was server wide, people would often troll things like "Blizzard has defeated Verant" etc., etc., but it was most certainly server wide until a patch later on eventually changed it to zone-wide.
Okay, so I remembered something incorrectly, but it still only happened in duels. And yes I did play classic EQ (pre-kunark), all this means is that I was also playing during an expansion where they were changed to being zone-wide. I never remembered them being server-wide; get over it. The fact that you guys get such a big chubby over me making such a little mistake when the brunt of my post was still correct shows that you need to grow up.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 03-09-2012, 02:47 AM
Banned

lvl40 active monk looking for group....

2 months later

DING 41

SUP BITCH

FUCK Global ooc

def not needed
Old 03-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Kazowi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
outted. anything else this guy has to say does not matter
Closed Thread