Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The things that some (very misguided) people prefer about enchanters don't really change from 50+. Enchanters get C2, but Bards get a more powerful manasong as well. The only thing that changes that I can think of is that Enchanters get an unresistable mez, so they're definitely better for camps where the mobs are level 56+, but mobs of that level are rarely efficient exp even at 60. So you may have trouble finding groups for some high level item camps, but you should never have trouble finding exp groups.
Sorry, an enchanter is always superior to a bard. Not only do they have better haste and mana regen, they do more DPS, can pull more mobs and mez more mobs. I also don't have to deal with the hybrid penalty.

The very best bard versus the very best enchanter in an exp group situation, the enchanter brings more to the table every time. Bards can do more things, but exp groups don't need you to do more things, just do a couple well. I'll take an enchanter with a charmed pet chain pulling.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, an enchanter is always superior to a bard. Not only do they have better haste and mana regen, they do more DPS, can pull more mobs and mez more mobs. I also don't have to deal with the hybrid penalty.

The very best bard versus the very best enchanter in an exp group situation, the enchanter brings more to the table every time. Bards can do more things, but exp groups don't need you to do more things, just do a couple well. I'll take an enchanter with a charmed pet chain pulling.
I've posted on this a number of times so I'm just going to link an old post I made about this:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9&postcount=27

After thinking about this more I'm willing to concede that a very skilled Bard is slightly worse than a very skilled enchanter in exp groups (mostly because when I posted that, Charm was nerfed way worse than now), but the people acting like the enchanter is much better, or always better, are not accounting for Bards who may just be more skilled. In fact I think the people saying this have very little experience grouping with good Bards. I've definitely been in groups that could have cleared more mobs faster with me in the group instead of an average enchanter.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 06-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah but CC is like 20% of what I do. At level 60 I can finally charm level 49 guys again with malo (I could do that at 54 prenerf). He was doing 75 dps. Combine that with better haste/slow/clarity and how can a bard compete with that?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Sarnak

is it bard vs rogue or bard vs chanter?

so confused
Old 06-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

I was going to write up this big badass thing about how bards are badass, but I opt'd not. Bard isn't for everyone. If you're super attentive and can react positive for every situation that comes your way bard is for you! But I wouldn't recommend for your 1st class.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

I can only give my two cents on Bard, since I never played a rogue past 10ish. They're a great class if you love versatility, being that they can bring nearly every buff or debuff to the table in some form or another. I can't remember a time where someone didn't want a bard in their group; they fit in nearly everywhere there's a slot open (except for tank and healer, for obvious reasons). They're great pullers, and they get an array of utility abilities such as Tracking, Safe Fall, and Lock Picking.

However, for bards you need to learn how to twist songs (if you get the timing right between ticks, you can have as many as 4 songs going at once, but it takes constant attention to maintain; macros will not work) and if you don't have the patience to be constantly be switching songs, I wouldn't recommend the class. It's almost masochistic to play. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Old 06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormhowl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can only give my two cents on Bard, since I never played a rogue past 10ish. They're a great class if you love versatility, being that they can bring nearly every buff or debuff to the table in some form or another. I can't remember a time where someone didn't want a bard in their group; they fit in nearly everywhere there's a slot open (except for tank and healer, for obvious reasons). They're great pullers, and they get an array of utility abilities such as Tracking, Safe Fall, and Lock Picking.

However, for bards you need to learn how to twist songs (if you get the timing right between ticks, you can have as many as 4 songs going at once, but it takes constant attention to maintain; macros will not work) and if you don't have the patience to be constantly be switching songs, I wouldn't recommend the class. It's almost masochistic to play. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, safe fall and lock picking is a must in every group!
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but CC is like 20% of what I do. At level 60 I can finally charm level 49 guys again with malo (I could do that at 54 prenerf). He was doing 75 dps. Combine that with better haste/slow/clarity and how can a bard compete with that?
Bards don't need mana.

Sure, a smart enchanter will "never" run out of mana with c2 and manatap, but a bard is always at 100% effectiveness, mana or no.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Banned

Chanters are pretty cool... So are bards... I would take either in an xp group as I am not a classist like a lot of people... That being said...all > rogues
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill-Leif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, safe fall and lock picking is a must in every group!
That's not what I said, but I appreciate having words stuffed into my mouth.
Odinty Treeguard - Level 58 Druid (Level 9)
Vmek Shadowsong - Level 51 Bard (Level 5)
Odibin Deathbearer - Level 36 Necromancer (Level 13)
Closed Thread