Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are a simple class to play, you can cast on the run so you don't really have to time anything, and hitting 11221122 isn't very challenging.

It is much more difficult for a wizard or druid to quad kite than it is a bard to swarm kite. The wiz/dru actually have to avoid adds.
The first part I can agree with. Knowledge of stacking, proper resists, zone knowledge, etc, is what really separates a good bard from a bad one.

Having done both ad nauseum, the the second part is so far off I can't take it seriously.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:39 AM
Kobold

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQz24ilKS2I <-- ask him, he is the best at Everquest!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrisard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first part I can agree with. Knowledge of stacking, proper resists, zone knowledge, etc, is what really separates a good bard from a bad one.

Having done both ad nauseum, the the second part is so far off I can't take it seriously.
he's trolling you hard, quadding on a druid is easy. bards are stupid :\
Old 08-19-2011, 06:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard, hands down.

In a group, a fantastic bard brings incredible utility to the group.

And just for that guy saying wizard quad kiting is harder than swarm kiting... In an average swarm kite of 50 mobs, a bard has to press keys probably 1 - 2 thousand times non-stop for 10-50 minutes, if you press any of these keys out of sequence or at bad timing once, or accidentally hit S instead of A or D, you die INSTANTLY. Granted I haven't quad-kited with a wiz (only a druid), I doubt its anywhere near that intensity.
If you are a keyboard turner you are already doing it wrong.

Bard kiting is simple. You do figure 8s either using auto-run or mouse plowing with both buttons. You don't have to worry about adds until respawns start, and you don't have to do anything but mindlessly run the same pattern over and over. No need to worry about adds, mana depletion, trying to sit for med tics, snare duration, etc. Quadders die a hell of a lot more than bards. Unless you have a sketchy internet connection.
Last edited by Kevlar; 08-19-2011 at 06:42 AM..
Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humerox [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solo - Bard
Grouping - Enchanter
Dungeon Crawling - Enchanter/Bard
Raiding - Monk/Enchanter
enchanters take skill to raid with?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Fire Giant

I think shaman takes more attention than most classes. You have to keep track of a shitload of things including several shorter-duration buffs, you have to sit during ticks even though you're casting pretty much constantly, your spells are huge aggro, your solo is terrible until level 34, your solo regardless of level is much more subjective to bad luck since you're either a) tanking mobs as a caster or b) dotting stuff down without snare.

Most classes are easy as hell and require general knowledge of the game rather than class knowledge, or just take constant keystrokes but no actual decisionmaking. There's not a lot of classes that take anything you won't learn in a day of playing.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Planar Protector

Bards are one of the hardest classes to master. The number of combinations possible to twist are mind-boggling, and knowing what to memorize for what situation can make or break a solo, group, or raid. Executing on mesmerizing 2-3 adds in a camp while also keeping up as many buffs as possible is also a test of skill at positioning yourself and the adds and rapidly swapping targets. Finally, I can't see how a wizard/druid can have it harder quadding than a bard that must avoid getting hit by a pack of 50 mobs all while staying within the 35/30 distance to actually land the DoT song.

No other class is as night/day when it comes to seeing the effects on a group of a poorly or well-played bard.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are a keyboard turner you are already doing it wrong.

Bard kiting is simple. You do figure 8s either using auto-run or mouse plowing with both buttons. You don't have to worry about adds until respawns start, and you don't have to do anything but mindlessly run the same pattern over and over. No need to worry about adds, mana depletion, trying to sit for med tics, snare duration, etc. Quadders die a hell of a lot more than bards. Unless you have a sketchy internet connection.
lol k.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

Solo - Bards probably have the least margin for error (basically zero when AoE kiting), but the things an Enchanter can do in terms of, say, soloing named mobs are probably more impressive.

Group - Shaman or bard probably take the most paying attention if you have a good puller. If you're bringing in 4-5 pulls, then it's your bard or enchanter.

Dungeon Crawling - Bard or Enchanter, with an honorable mention to the best 5% of Necros out there, who bring an awful lot more to a group than you might think.

Raiding - Puller, which isn't a class so much as a role. Pulling dragons or PoFear is no cakewalk, but it can be done by any class.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Skeleton

A good shaman has more duties in a group than any other class so this makes them a challenge to play to the fullest potential. Not as button mashy as a bard but canni dancing takes some finesse also.
Closed Thread