Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious. If pvp on red was turned off tomorrow, would half the blue population migrate to red?
If given the same ruleset as current Blue, certainly several guilds would migrate, just for the elbow room, and unaffiliated folks would slowly fill that server too. Over a little time, the servers would even out and eventually I think both servers would actually gain players and each have a greater population than current Blue, because there would just be that much more opportunity available to players.

If given a different ruleset, such as lockouts or rotations, there'd be a mass exodus. Blue would still show a healthy population, with people boxing those accounts, but there'd be far less activity on the competitive server vs the non-competitive server. Diehard hanger-ons would still raid heavily, just like diehard hanger-ons still raid Red, but they'll just turn into a bunch of dinks gibbering about how the real men play on their server and their pixels mean more because they "earned" them, no matter how uncontested their earned pixels were, while everyone else is just happy to be playing an elfsim with their friends and not having to deal with the herpaderp.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keykey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree many people look at population to determine if it's worth their while.

I'm not the type to let others make those decisions for me. It doesn't take much time and effort to see for myself. That is one of the reasons I say "fast and easy set up" for the server I play on. Not every server is for every person - See for yourself. It's great we are getting more choices.

If someone is looking for a purely social experience , low population would hamper that experience.

If you enjoy the EC tunnel experience, the PoP servers are not for you.

If you don't like boxers, the current PoP servers are not for you.

Mostly, I just like to play the game. You only need 5 other people with which to form a full group and less if the server allows boxing.

I'm perfectly happy with the population of the server I play on. This isn't a recruitment post. I love Everquest and I love P99. I am not trying to persuade those enjoying P99 to try something else. I'm just suggesting there are other options for those that are looking, and they are not horrible.

I do think Red would become more populated if PvP were turned off. I'm not sure what the usual red population is now, but lets just say 100. There are at least 100 assholes on blue. I've been gone a while, but I had plenty of encounters similar to the recent RnF post "Drumas is a horrible cleric (person)". Once you remove PvP griefing, remove global ooc, and use the ability to ignore... Blue.
PvP and griefing, where would you draw the line?

Over on [deleted] you have the ability to call LNS (loot and scoot) and doing so means you have access to get your corpse and leave the zone. People can't endlessly "grief" other players on [deleted] unless they refuse to call LNS in ooc. "Griefing" stops in a few keystrokes or the offending player gets retribution from above.

Some people argue that's actually too soft for a [deleted] ruleset while others still won't try it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread