Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Default Cloth look sleeves (troll SK)

What are my options for cloth look sleeves on a troll SK?

I know about azure sleeves, but was hoping for something even better.

I always feel the troll model looks way better with huge gauntlets/bracers and arms out on display.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:53 PM
Banned

https://wiki.project1999.com/Hollowed_Bone_Bracers p sure that's cloth?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think those are leather unfortunately.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

I wrote a script that looks up every P99 item on Lucy then updates the wiki entry for it to add a "category" (eg. Cloth) ... but the wiki authentication stuff is a PITA so I tried making it work manually (the script would take me to the wiki page and copy the category, so all I had to do was paste it in and hit save).

But it turns out there are a lot of items, and there's just no way that approach could work, even with help. So, I plan/hope to someday make the script deal with the wiki's authentication and then just update each item automatically. Once I do that you'll be able to do something like google for "category: Shadow Knight Items, category: Cloth" (on "site:wiki.project.1999") to find all Cloth SK gear.

But for now all I have is empty promises, so I'm posting all that to help guilt myself. If this is something you'd like to see feel free to hassle/motivate me.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

This would be amazing Loramin, even Allakhazam doesn't have a search by appearance ability?
Old 07-25-2017, 07:54 AM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wrote a script that looks up every P99 item on Lucy then updates the wiki entry for it to add a "category" (eg. Cloth) ... but the wiki authentication stuff is a PITA so I tried making it work manually (the script would take me to the wiki page and copy the category, so all I had to do was paste it in and hit save).

But it turns out there are a lot of items, and there's just no way that approach could work, even with help. So, I plan/hope to someday make the script deal with the wiki's authentication and then just update each item automatically. Once I do that you'll be able to do something like google for "category: Shadow Knight Items, category: Cloth" (on "site:wiki.project.1999") to find all Cloth SK gear.

But for now all I have is empty promises, so I'm posting all that to help guilt myself. If this is something you'd like to see feel free to hassle/motivate me.
consider youself hassled ^^

also, how do you search specific sites with google? where the option for that?
Old 07-25-2017, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would be amazing Loramin, even Allakhazam doesn't have a search by appearance ability?
Lucy (which is the same database) has a way, but it's kind of hidden (someone here in the forum [EDIT: Pokesan] showed me how). Go to http://items.sodeq.org/advsearch.php then pick "WHERE [material] [=] [Cloth]".

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelonpai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
consider youself hassled ^^

also, how do you search specific sites with google? where the option for that?
It's easy, just add "site:urlOfSite". For instance, to search for "leather", but only on the wiki, you can google "leather site:wiki.project1999.com".

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 07-25-2017 at 12:53 PM..
Old 07-25-2017, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

You are good posts loramin!

I'm going to work out how to fiddle around with the additional terms a bit and really refine my results!

Thank you for showing loramin this awesomeness, Pokesan!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't look to be usable by SK.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Platinum_Armband would have no graphic.

Cant confirm graphic but https://wiki.project1999.com/Lupine_Runed_Armband might be worth checking out
Old 07-27-2017, 11:34 PM
Fire Giant

Play eq hard mode. Go cloth armor
Closed Thread