Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Default Wanting to return...

I tried the Agnarr server... UGH what a mess... to call that classic is a crime... that said are there still enough players to enjoy the game and level up? Can I still get groups and binds if I need to (assuming I cannot bind affinity.)

Also are there plans to make another server for those of us who wish to play past Velious? I ask becuase one of the big pulls for Agnarr is many wanted some content past Velious. However many of us did not realize how much the game would be messed with marketplace and whatnot nonsense.
Last edited by NirrtiXXX; 08-10-2017 at 12:47 PM..
Old 08-10-2017, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

-There is a very active playerbase. It is bloated at the top end but you will find new mains and alts running the whole spectrum 1-60. Groups/binds/etc are easy

-There are no plans for a server to go past velious through p99
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Depends where you want a bind. Like if you want one in Qeynos you might be waiting a while. But other places, yeah, its np.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Sarnak

Seems to always be new players starting up, join Auld Lang Syne for a unique classic experience.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirrtiXXX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also are there plans to make another server for those of us who wish to play past Velious?
There will never be such a server (P99's top people feel passionately about Luclin). However there are other emulated servers out there that progress to Luclin and beyond ... they just don't have anywhere close to the number of players/historical acuracy/quality of staff that P99 has.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I tried Agnarr server for a month. Some stuff I liked. Most of it I hated. Shame.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will never be such a server (P99's top people feel passionately about Luclin). However there are other emulated servers out there that progress to Luclin and beyond ... they just don't have anywhere close to the number of players/historical acuracy/quality of staff that P99 has.
I have to wonder if Kunark didn't cause the same controversy considering it was released in 2000? Maybe it just took the right people no longer caring and enough people who wanted it to happen to make it so? I mean we are up to 2001 on this timeline and the server is advertised as
Quote:
Relive the classic Everquest MMORPG Gaming Experience as it was in 1999 and onward.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

duplicate
Old 08-10-2017, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Kunark didn't redefine some of the fundamental concepts of the game though. Luclin and beyond was an attempt to copy WoW's success which catered to those who just want to get max level and raid asap. Some people here are guilty of that (thank you devs for chardok ae nerf!) and forget that what brings us here is the "experience" of the grind - no pun intended.

-Mcoy
Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There will never be such a server
That's a ridiculous comment.

Quote:
they just don't have anywhere close to the number of players
Population is overrated. I enjoy a smaller community.

Quote:
historical acuracy/quality of staff that P99 has.
Funny you misspelled accuracy haha

Most of the projects are a work in progress. I'm sure you will agree P99 has come a long way in the last 8 years - https://www.project1999.com/forums/f...r=desc&page=13

It didn't start out era accurate, that is for sure.

Do current projects have the longevity P99 does? Time will tell. P99 wasn't a guarantee, players just decided it was worth playing at the moment.
Closed Thread