Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default go for the eyes Boo!

If any of you need Baldur's Gate fix, Divinity Original Sin kicks ass.

Fantastic game. It's avail from steam. google title. It is first classic style rpg I've played in years that brought back that old isomorphic feel.

The squeeky wheel gets the kick!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

I'll never get to it, lol. I love those oldschool RPGs (actually mostly been on break from p99 the last couple months as I played Planescape: Torment, and now I'm playing BG1 yet again too)... but I don't think I could ever get tired of the old ones to the point I'd prefer a new one.

Hundreds of hours between BG1 and BG2 and Planescape, and I've never even tried the IWD games, and I haven't beaten ToB yet, and I've only done SoA all the way through twice I think? And not tired of them yet!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel the burning stare of my hamster and change your ways.
Dat rape face tho.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll never get to it, lol. I love those oldschool RPGs (actually mostly been on break from p99 the last couple months as I played Planescape: Torment, and now I'm playing BG1 yet again too)... but I don't think I could ever get tired of the old ones to the point I'd prefer a new one.

Hundreds of hours between BG1 and BG2 and Planescape, and I've never even tried the IWD games, and I haven't beaten ToB yet, and I've only done SoA all the way through twice I think? And not tired of them yet!
IWD 1 rocks and IWD 2 is horrible.

I beat divinity original sin and it plays like bg/diablo with xcomm combat system. You should try it.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hated the IWD games, they were too linear and bland. I've personally played through BG1 to throne of bhaal three times regularly, and about 11 more times with mods. I keep track of all my play throughs on an ancient piece of paper. Generally I do 1-2 runs a year. Been thinking of making another one at the end of this month.
Sarevok will always be my personal favorite bad guy and (spoiler) favorite companion.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:18 AM
Sarnak

"Dare I ask how you kept that "rodent" hidden from our captors?"
Old 07-19-2014, 07:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I laughed out loud when I realized that my son's favorite TV show had the same voice actor as Minsc in it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Damn it. My image disappeared. Anyways, the Italian chef dude from Curious George (the PBS program) is the same voice actor as Minsc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-20-2014 at 09:47 AM..
Closed Thread