Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 09:25 AM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda
Default Clarification on rules

I know several of you want clarification on a few of the rules (or all of the rules.) Please post your questions you want some clarification on here and i will get your clarification for you.

ps - you can check your sarcasm and attitude at the door. if you want to be a jack ass that's great! don't clutter up my thread with it. Rants and Flames is this way bro's -> http://www.project1999.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

the below information was taken from the beta post which is old and was originally posted on 09-24-2011, 06:08 PM

part of it i forgot to edit out.kk it's possibly out dated. but things like no training...and no boxing...are not. So calm down. it's just a good place to start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PvP Rulesets

PvP Range is now scaled as follows:

Levels 1 to 19: 4 Levels
Levels 20 to 39: 6 Levels
Levels 40+: 8 Levels
Combat will be allowed based on the lower level player's pvp range.

The following zones are now FFA PvP (They contain no PvP Level Limit):

Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak
PvP will start at level 2. However, level 1s will be pvp enabled outside city zones.

Rules carried over from Project 1999

Boxing
The boxing rules will remain in effect. You may only be playing one character at a time on the PvP Server.

Can I play one character on each server at the same time?
Yes, You can have one character loaded on Project 1999 (Blue), and one character loaded on Project 1999 PvP at the same time. As long as you do not have more than one loaded on the same server.

Will IP Exemptions carry over?
I am working on a system that will allow the two servers to share the same account database, so that IP Exemptions and anything else account related will carry over.

Play Nice

Training will not be allowed and if caught will be harshly punished.

Kill stealing will not be an offense on the PvP Server, and may be used against other players even in situations where the players can not directly attack eachother. A higher level may chose to grief a lower level out of a camp, but be thankful he isn't able to kill you instead and move along.

Bind Camping will not be an offense on the PvP Server, however it will be frowned upon by the staff and in some situations may be intervened.

Inappropriate Language will not be allowed in public channels. We realize that tensions can rise between players and some may feel the need to express them, but we ask that you restrain yourselves from using public channels. The following channels are considered public: Say, OOC, Shout, Auction. Players will receive warnings and subsequent suspensions for violations. If a player is being rude to you in tells you are to ignore the player, we will not act on inappropriate tells.

Raid Rules
There will be no raid rules. We will not be enforcing any first to engage or claim rights. Raids are to resolve their disputes via communication and/or PvP. Kill stealing is allowed.

Ninja Looting
In a situation where a corpse is waiting to be unlocked for a player to loot the corpse with the permission of the player who was merited the kill, it will be against the rules for any other player to loot that corpse without permission. This is to prevent players outside a PvP level range from ninja looting. If the corpse is otherwise abandoned (if a group or raid is wiped out in the process of slaying the mob(s)), the corpse is open to be looted by anyone when possible.

PvP Penalties

XP Loss
There will be a reduced unrezzable experience loss for every PvP Death. (You may still be revived back to your corpse, but it will have an 8 minute timer.)

Coin Loot
Coin loot will be in place.

Item Loot
Item loot will currently not be in place, however this may be subject to change as we consider alternative item loot mechanics.

PvP Deaths
Upon a PvP Death you will respawn with no mana and half health. You will have an effect on you called "PvP Death Effects". This buff is beneficial and may be clicked off at any time, however it is in place to prevent further XP Loss from PvP Deaths. This buff will remain on until any of the following conditions are triggered:
  • You make any aggressive action towards another player.
  • You cast a Heal or Buff on another player.
  • You loot any corpse.
  • You remove any item from your bank.

Currently not functioning
  • City Guard Faction Protection

Please report all findings in the PvP Bug Forums.
Last edited by Amelinda; 12-02-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Old 12-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Banned

Umm... 8 levels? Then why am I trying to help out a pal with my lowbie mage (12) versus a group of level 6 mages, and they are blue and out of range along with a 7 rogue unrelated to the matter?

Apparently CB has different level range or something? please fix.

And uhh...

Quote:
Currently not functioning
Legacy Drops
Except for someone has a guise and someone got a manastone? Were these taken out once these people got their stuff? smells like... thex... to me..
Last edited by Castle; 12-02-2011 at 09:40 AM..
Old 12-02-2011, 11:04 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Umm... 8 levels? Then why am I trying to help out a pal with my lowbie mage (12) versus a group of level 6 mages, and they are blue and out of range along with a 7 rogue unrelated to the matter?

And uhh...

Except for someone has a guise and someone got a manastone? Were these taken out once these people got their stuff? smells like... thex... to me..
Castle. please dont' cop attitude over this. try stating just facts and not putting your attitude/emotions into it. thanks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Banned

also the no ninja looting to prevent out of range people from coming in and looting something appears from the initial outline of rules and now out dated and should be done away with entirely in light of the fact that all raid zones are ffa/no level limit now.

if a group from a rival guild comes in while your zerg is twiddling their thumbs over who has more bluebie points and is able to cause enough of a distraction via pvp to snag a piece of gear then that is nobodys fault but your own for not paying attention.

do not ruin the server with blue server rules.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

being on a pvp server != being a douchebag by default.

Sorry to crush your dreams darwoth.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

being on a pvp server is supposed to mean preventing and solving your own problems not having GMs come in and make every concievable thing that could happen to you illegal, it is folks like yourself that are why the only games now are wow clones.

essentially players like you are WHY players like me are "douchebags" because we hate your face for ruining the genre.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also the no ninja looting to prevent out of range people from coming in and looting something appears from the initial outline of rules and now out dated and should be done away with entirely in light of the fact that all raid zones are ffa/no level limit now.

if a group from a rival guild comes in while your zerg is twiddling their thumbs over who has more bluebie points and is able to cause enough of a distraction via pvp to snag a piece of gear then that is nobodys fault but your own for not paying attention.
this makes a ton of sense
Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And uhh...

and i'm fairly sure it's actually plus or minus 4 levels. can someone confirm that?

i don't actively play on either server. i just enforce rules and do a massive ton of work on the back end to support the game you guys love.

help Queen Amy out yo
Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelinda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and i'm fairly sure it's actually plus or minus 4 levels. can someone confirm that?
From the main site:

Quote:
PvP Range is now scaled as follows:

Levels 1 to 19: 4 Levels
Levels 20 to 39: 6 Levels
Levels 40+: 8 Levels
Combat will be allowed based on the lower level player's pvp range.

The following zones are now FFA PvP (They contain no PvP Level Limit):

Solusek B
Permafrost
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear
Plane of Air
Sebilis
Veeshan's Peak
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 12-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
thex... to me..
Smells like you shoulda got off your ass and made a lvl 1 halfling like the rest of us.
Closed Thread