Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Default MTG MMO

About a week ago it was announced WotC was going to be producing a magic the gathering based mmo with cryptic studios and perfect world. The game has everything stacked against it. I'm guessing if it even makes it to launch its going to be pretty bad but I'm still hopeful. They said it would be F2P and casual. I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on it?
Old 06-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They said it would be F2P and casual. I wonder if anyone else has any thoughts on it?
welp there you have it folks, another garbage mmo that'll alienate diehard fans and peak 13 days after release

when will they learn?
Old 06-13-2017, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
welp there you have it folks, another garbage mmo that'll alienate diehard fans and peak 13 days after release

when will they learn?
This is basically what I've seen everyone saying. I'm hoping cryptic and PW approached wotc about it and purchased rights to make it a mtg game and wotc isn't burning their own pile of money to fund this. I haven't seen anyone who has any genuine faith that this isn't going to be a pay to win piece of garbage.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:58 PM
Sarnak

they been coming out with MTG games on steam every year and they are so broken that they release the next years before the previous years is ever even fixed.

also they had mtg online before and it flopped cause nobody is buying virtual cards over real cards. /thread
Old 06-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they been coming out with MTG games on steam every year and they are so broken that they release the next years before the previous years is ever even fixed.

also they had mtg online before and it flopped cause nobody is buying virtual cards over real cards. /thread
The steam games are watered down into versions of the card game to help newer players get into mtg. I don't think that the mom will be similar to those. I do agree that wotc track record with digital content is pretty bad
Old 06-14-2017, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

I play mtg and i bet its gonna be bad. So bad. Like a turd covered in vomit
Old 06-14-2017, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

I can tell you that if perfect world is involved, and it's a free to play game, it's going to be very CASH SHOP dependant. That's how perfect world runs their games. It's not just visually aesthetic outfits.

Based on that alone I wouldn't get my hopes up. Though I suppose spending ridiculous amounts of money to get ahead is not unusual for MTG.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:33 PM
Banned

quote this if u bullied kids who played gay card games in school
Old 06-14-2017, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
where the fuck my pokeman mmo
wow battle pets
Old 06-14-2017, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow battle pets
xD
Closed Thread