Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-17-2022, 02:42 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeThug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am getting this almost 98% of the time whenever I camp out (I don't /q). There's a few cases where it doesn't happen and it's actually very surprising.

It then leads to Error 1018 if I try to get back into the server I camp-crashed out of to switch characters or log back in the same character. The error reads: You currently have an active character on that EverQuest Server, please allow a minute for synchronization and try again. This has been an issue on both Green and Blue. But I can always log back in after a minute or so.

I'm posting now here because I camped yesterday and the game crashed, and apparently my character didn't get logged out? Because now I get Error 1018 (a full 10 hours later) and can no longer log into Green. Usually it doesn't last this long...

Edit: Just tried to log into Blue, game crashed on logging in a character. I got Error 1018 on that one but it did go away after a minute or so and I was able to log in. Really wish I could fix this issue, it makes switching characters a living nightmare.
Edit 2: After a look around much older threads on the Error 1018 issue, I came across someone reporting restarting their PC fixed it. Sure enough, I did that and can get back into Green. Bizarre!
Old 07-17-2022, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeThug [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit 2: After a look around much older threads on the Error 1018 issue, I came across someone reporting restarting their PC fixed it. Sure enough, I did that and can get back into Green. Bizarre!
Sometimes when it crashes, eqgame.exe is still running - and keeping your character "connected". Kill that via task manager (or restart your computer).

For crashing on camping, that's usually fixed via xp sp2 (or sp3) compatibility mode on the same eqgame.exe process.

-Mcoy
Old 08-31-2023, 12:15 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was getting these types of crashes on camp or /q for a while and was able to reduce them by replacing the EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml included in the distributed zip file with the original EQUI_HotButtonWnd.xml (http://pastebin.com/Zcwb50KR)
This worked for me. 100% success logging out or changing characters after 2 days worth of testing
Old 09-04-2023, 07:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

The client for the game is very unstable.

I crash out of the game to the login screen frequently while loading in a character or zoning. Then after a restart have to wait at the server select screen because my character is still in the game.
Old 09-05-2023, 07:06 PM
Kobold

I have no idea what happened, but I was crashing from login screen and only after a complete re-install was I able to login.
Old 09-07-2023, 05:04 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by emp82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This worked for me. 100% success logging out or changing characters after 2 days worth of testing
For what it's worth, this also worked for me. No crashes since then.