In the caverns,
glob of slush water
lichen root
vegetables
roots
rabbit meat
arctic mussels
fruit
Also farmed some silks and did an arms combine that worked. Will test more in the future.
Also still not seeing any ground spawns in Wakening. Must be super hard to see.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilkata [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In the caverns,
glob of slush water
lichen root
vegetables
roots
rabbit meat
arctic mussels
fruit
Also farmed some silks and did an arms combine that worked. Will test more in the future.
Also still not seeing any ground spawns in Wakening. Must be super hard to see.
They implemented the ground spawns but I don't think they've updated the beta server yet and made it live. Try after the next beta patch.
<Divinity>
Old 07-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Sarnak

Default Tinkering stuff

Currently it's not possible to attempt the tinkering recipies (or do skillups in order to attempt them) due to not having all items purchasable.

Gnomish Bolts
Metal Twine
Grease
Sprockets

Are all unavailable in Velious.

In addition, several items are going to be a pita to purchase, such as anything from the storm giant tinkering vendor in Kael. Why? Faction raising required. Needs to be a command to raise your storm giant faction like the others.

Additionally, tinkering cannot currently go over 175 on live. In order to hit 250 you must use Velious recipies. Short of raising my skill via a GM, I'm going to have to /copy a huge amount of plat and raise it using the primary skillup path of Footwarming Boots before attempting some of the other combines such as the cultural armor.

The problem with the skill-up path is that you cannot make Small Fine Plate Boots on the beta server due to missing items in Velious. Even if there were the missing items, it would require a shit-ton of farming. Or else, copying a bunch of Small Fine Plate Boots from live onto beta endlessly. Additionally, the small fine plate trivial is over 200, so I can't even really mass produce it even if the appropriate vendors were on the beta server because I could hit 201 on it before I did on Tinkering! This is also why I absolutely cannot chance doing these combines on live in advance to /beta copy.

Then there's the cultural armor itself, all of which also requires small fine plate armor pieces.

In short, it's just a nightmare to test unless I gather all of the components on live and do a /beta, transfer them off, and repeat for hundreds of combines. Something nobody in their right mind is going to do.

Really need a tinkering vendor with a set of small fine plate armor, a copy of the Steamfont tinkering vendor inventory, and a copy of the storm giant vendor (or a way to betabuff your storm giant faction). Or just a general tinkering vendor since even with those things a few items are spread around in Velious (such as a pieces being from a vendor in Crystal Caverns). Toss in some diamonds for good measure since they're also a pita to farm.

I'm willing to test all the tinkering recipies and do some farming for the velious mob-dropped components to be sure they're dropping, but right now it's pretty much impossible to get to that point short of some really tedious effort on 30 to 50+ /beta copies from live and a bunch of transfers.
Last edited by wycca; 07-04-2014 at 07:11 AM..
Old 07-04-2014, 04:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
In addition, several items are going to be a pita to purchase, such as anything from the storm giant tinkering vendor in Kael. Why? Faction raising required. Needs to be a command to raise your storm giant faction like the others.
Can you use sneak to purchase from him?

Quote:
Additionally, tinkering cannot currently go over 175 on live. In order to hit 250 you must use Velious recipies. Short of raising my skill via a GM, I'm going to have to /copy a huge amount of plat and raise it using the primary skillup path of Footwarming Boots before attempting some of the other combines such as the cultural armor.
The enchanter beta buff copy has a lot of jewelry that you can sell for a few thousand plat per copy. I can get you a ton of plat if you need it just let me know how much.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you use sneak to purchase from him?

The enchanter beta buff copy has a lot of jewelry that you can sell for a few thousand plat per copy. I can get you a ton of plat if you need it just let me know how much.
I'd have to make a monk and check.

Thanks for the enc tip, and tys for the plat offer.

I guess it's possible to make a few bags of armor on live and buy some stacks of the missing stuff, but just seems like a huge pita.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:42 PM
The Protector of Sunder

I have made a compiled list of all of this since Slyexis is AFK for the summer.

Please post any updates in this thread.
Closed Thread