Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra65 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deleting my Iksar Warrior . . . it almost sounded like putting time into a "waste of time".
The Legion of Cabilis would like to give you the middle finger:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Sakuragi
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Hakata
http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cucumbers
Old 10-20-2014, 02:49 AM
Aviak

I spent a lot of my early EQ time re-rolling Warriors, and other melee.

The worst combo for me was Human Warrior of Bertoxxulous.

Bad faction, starting quests mess with faction so badly that the city is only available at night.

You looked forward to Silvery Axes for passive infra vision.

Its hard on you, but I think overall low strength paladin/Shadow knight are going to feel technically harder to play for 2/3rds of the game, easing up when you can manage the weight of gear.

This is assuming no twinkling is going on.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Planar Protector

Careful, us Iksar are a proud people.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Dark Elf, Human of Inny, or Erudite Necromancer...

I don't even get why. Sure, Dark Elves get hide, but it is just an invis. Click your COS.

Erudites have way too much int, all that is going to get wasted with the itemization in Velious.

And human of Inny... Why? There's such a cool evil guild in Qeynos to a much cooler god.

Gnomes get to Tinker, so I can't bash that. And seeing through Walls is pretty sick.

But Glorious Iksar Master Race: Tails flowing in the wind. May your regen be high, and your mana be efficient.

Worst overall: Probably Erudite Paladin. Worst stat allocation possible. I think even a Gnome Warrior would have better overall starting stats to what matters to the class... Not sure though. Just a gut reaction.
Last edited by Uteunayr; 10-20-2014 at 12:17 PM..
Old 10-20-2014, 03:44 PM
Kobold

roll a nanomage enforcer and put all your IP in swimming.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amra65 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can be incredibly apprehensive about character creation in any stat heavy rpg and this is Morrowind levels of heavy so...

I made a Iksar Warrior and noticed that almost nobody anywhere ever in the video community seems to have played one of these? I also hear bad things about Rangers in general and am curious if its all hearsay or fact.

I am obsessed with this topic and starved for info so do not be afraid to give any and all details you like.

If it helps I am more of an immersion character and do not mind if things will be "tough for raids" and such. I just want to be able to enjoy my experience and I honestly would prefer to not find out around level 16 that my character is useless in any situation.

Also I have a general idea about point allocation since like I mentioned b4 I enjoyed Morrowind.

I just would like personal opinions and stories about why you feel some race/class combos are just terrible.

Feel free to tell me what Combos u like but plz try to focus on the bad ones too.

Thanks![You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A naked human rogue - never equipping anything & bound no less than a continent away at all times.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha . Anarchy Online was so bad. I tried to play it so many times over the years but the game is just plain fail. Still waiting on that new graphics engine :P .
Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get this reference.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperbase-1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its hard on you, but I think overall low strength paladin/Shadow knight are going to feel technically harder to play for 2/3rds of the game, easing up when you can manage the weight of gear.

This is assuming no twinkling is going on.
I have to agree with this one... Even a human pally gets overloaded fairly easily. I did 20 STA for starting stats on my human pally, and with full banded/1 weapon/1shield, he could loot 6 corpses and go overweight even if he left rusty weapons behind. After some twinking by my druid (hero bracers, green jade broadsword, cracked darkwood shield) it's a little better... but now he's upgrading to bronze armour and running into the same problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It has to be even worse for erudite/high elf paladins...
Old 10-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esheon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have to agree with this one... Even a human pally gets overloaded fairly easily. I did 20 STA for starting stats on my human pally, and with full banded/1 weapon/1shield, he could loot 6 corpses and go overweight even if he left rusty weapons behind. After some twinking by my druid (hero bracers, green jade broadsword, cracked darkwood shield) it's a little better... but now he's upgrading to bronze armour and running into the same problem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It has to be even worse for erudite/high elf paladins...
Warriors are even worse. They carry like 10 weapons at a time. After you have had a Ogre Warrior it is hard to make any other race for them. Their stats are scary compared to say a Dark Elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread