Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 08:12 PM
Large Rat

Thanks!

Great UI
Old 07-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just saying people come here for a Classic EQ experience. And all these new fancy UI features are indeed, not classic, and will eventually get fixed.
Not everyone has the same definition of classic. To me classic is classic gameplay. XP loss, CR, no-PoK, no bazaar, no mercs, no instancing, no guild hall, no soulbinders, etc. Those things affect the community and feel of the server.

What UI someone uses, or what character models, makes no difference to that. So if that's classic to you, use an UI that works for you.

45Mbit always-on internet isn't classic. Should the devs throttle connections to a fluctuating 56k and add random disconnects to emulate the deaths caused by an incoming call disconnecting the dial-up in 1999? Server handling large groups without lag/crashes isn't classic. Should they make zones artificially lag when you have more than about 30 people engaging a raid boss? 4GHz quad cores aren't classic. Should they develop a custom OS that disables multi-cores and throttles CPU to 500MHz?

There's a lot of non-classic things that impact the game and there's things that impact gameplay a lot more which should be the focus of development - like mobs not running as often/fast as they should.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just saying people come here for a Classic EQ experience. And all these new fancy UI features are indeed, not classic, and will eventually get fixed.

Perhaps it's not the place and I'll stick to Bug reporting it I suppose.
Recreational drugs will eventually be legal in the US, but drug dealers still have jobs in the meantime.

There's "campaigning for classic" and then there's "being that guy."

Also, a dude.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

The clear downloads all link to the blue version...easy fix?
Last edited by Destron; 07-15-2014 at 09:44 PM..
Old 07-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The clear downloads all link to the blue version...easy fix?
Really? That's what I get for updating at 4am [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Fixed.
Last edited by leewong; 07-15-2014 at 10:40 PM..
Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

New update coming soon. Fixing transparency on the buff window (so you can make it as transparent or non-transparent as you want) and adding timers to spells so you dont have to hold ALT to view. Also, by popular request...working on a hotbar with bags slots, primary weapons, etc. that bards will absolutely love.

Lastly, 2 new UIs will be released soon. Just putting the finishing touches on them [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2014, 03:39 AM
Orc

Leewong is there a way you can fix it so I don't see the Warrior class Icon on the inventory screen?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Leewong is there a way you can fix it so I don't see the Warrior class Icon on the inventory screen?
Here is what you need to do....

1. Navigate to the UI's directory and open the file named EQUI_Inventory.xml with a text editor like notepad++ .

2. Change this line <Animation>A_ClassAnim01</Animation> to <Animation>A_ClassAnim02</Animation> for a cleric animation or <Animation>A_ClassAnim03</Animation> for a pally.

3. Save the file and close it.

4. Play EQ.

Here is a list of all the class animations to pick from:

A_ClassAnim01 - warrior
A_ClassAnim02 - cleric
A_ClassAnim03 - pally
A_ClassAnim04 - ranger
A_ClassAnim05 - shadowknight
A_ClassAnim06 - druid
A_ClassAnim07 - monk
A_ClassAnim08 - bard
A_ClassAnim09 - rogue
A_ClassAnim10 - shaman
A_ClassAnim11 - necro
A_ClassAnim12 - wiz
A_ClassAnim13 - mage
A_ClassAnim14 - ench

Hope this helps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by leewong; 01-13-2015 at 11:11 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 12:24 AM
Skeleton

Is there a way to remove portions of text like Diety / level / surname? It's giving me some issues here lol -- Love the UI been using it for a bit now, it just only caused problems once I dinged 20.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-17-2014, 10:50 AM
Kobold

Can we get a version of this where the spellbar includes spell names? =)
Closed Thread