Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which class to start pre lvl 20 is a real punch in the face?
Enchanter 11 7.86%
Magician 3 2.14%
Necromancer 2 1.43%
Wizard 52 37.14%
Cleric 4 2.86%
Druid 2 1.43%
Shaman 5 3.57%
Bard 0 0%
Monk 3 2.14%
Ranger 5 3.57%
Rogue 13 9.29%
Paladin 5 3.57%
Shadow Knight 7 5.00%
Warrior 28 20.00%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Rogue. Solo is horrible. You need a tank or you get crushed, but all tanks suck until 9 and most suck past 20. Your damage is bad. Your sneak and hide aren't even reliable yet. 1-9 rogue is like a shaman but with worse tanking, worse weapon choices, and no spells. And then 10-20 you're still worse tanking and no spells but with 25 damage backstabs IF youve got someone else tanking. Lol.

I strongly disagree that 1-20 is similar for everyone though. Chanters, necros, druids, clerics all have quite a few useful and powerful spells before 20, even if they can't be used in quite the same way they are later on. Other casters get by. Melees have it rough.

I mean, chanters get a pet at 1 that eats shit alive, their early dots are strong, and by 16 they have basically their full lineup of spells (though many are less useful at 16 than at 40+). Necros have their full array of dot dps spells at 12, snare, fear, etc, and feign at 16. Clerics have nice hp and ac buffs and undead nukes (and decent normal nukes) by 14. Druids' 2 DSs at 9 hit as hard as the average melee swat from a blue con. Etc.

Wizards relative to other untwinked noobs are vastly underestimated imo. They can kill single blues safely solo; not fast but better than trying to solo as a rogue or warrior or something at 10-20. They have invis, root, stuns. Their nukes actually hit fucking hard compared to backstabs and mob hp pools. They're worse off than other casters (except sham maybe?), but they definitely aren't the worst 1-20 experience.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 07-19-2017 at 12:36 PM..
Old 07-19-2017, 01:34 PM
Banned

i actually had a lot of fun on my ALS rogue from 10+ Once I got backstab i was p much cruising. Crafted banded then made a fortune off bandits and wisps. gotta know how to face/backstab though.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i actually had a lot of fun on my ALS rogue from 10+ Once I got backstab i was p much cruising. Crafted banded then made a fortune off bandits and wisps. gotta know how to face/backstab though.
I never managed to get the hang of that, haha.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:47 PM
Fire Giant

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never managed to get the hang of that, haha.
it an illicit technique practiced by only the most experienced rogues. it referred to in dark circles as "the roguish reach-around." just reach you arm round as they lean forward and stick 'em at that moment. i not really mastered it neither :c
Old 07-19-2017, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue is way easier than wizard for sure.

You can buy a crystalline spider fang for 150pp now takes 2 hours to get the plat for that. Once you got a decent weapon, you shred mobs so easy. Groups also always like rogues.

Wizard is complete opposite. Wizard spends 5 minutes medding to shred 1 mob, wizard is hated by groups, and wizard takes more money to gear well if you want a decent mana pool.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogue is way easier than wizard for sure.

You can buy a crystalline spider fang for 150pp now takes 2 hours to get the plat for that. Once you got a decent weapon, you shred mobs so easy. Groups also always like rogues.

Wizard is complete opposite. Wizard spends 5 minutes medding to shred 1 mob, wizard is hated by groups, and wizard takes more money to gear well if you want a decent mana pool.
I agree with all of this.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with all of this.
Man. I got to save this post here, no one ever agrees with me! FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!!!!!! yay!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2017, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure if it is still true with the changes to class dmg caps, but I bought my wizard a Lost Staff of the Scorned for a couple of dozen pp and found I did more dps meleeling than alting between med/nuke.

I highly recommend this weapon to any young wizards.

I still use the weapon for a manaless group port close to EC (it is click, not proc) or even finishing off mobs on 0% hp.

I found the first 3 levels on an erudite mage to be difficult. I remember having to die about 2 or 3 times against whites as soon as I rolled the character because it's dire stats meant I couldn't win 1:1 against a level 1 until I had earned a few skill ups :S.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I found the first 3 levels on an erudite mage to be difficult. I remember having to die about 2 or 3 times against whites as soon as I rolled the character because it's dire stats meant I couldn't win 1:1 against a level 1 until I had earned a few skill ups :S.
I totally agree with that. Before the mage gets a pet you die a ton. Not to mention that TOXX is a terrible starting zone.

But after the pet, the mage starts to smoke.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:54 AM
Sarnak

I voted wizard because a newbie player on an untwinked wiz aint gonna have a good time, but wizards can quad kite starting at 12 assuming they can get SoW, got lots of +mana gear and perhaps a clarity buff.

Most people seem unaware that you dont need your aoe snare to quad. You just need the right spells.

A solo untwinked rogue would probably make me bleed from my anus past lvl10, thats how rough 10 to 20 would feel.