Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arteker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that is kinda a big lie . let me set this straigh for you.

By the time tmo broke , the oldest former active members of the guild was me on vonhammer , and portsche.

When i moved to rampage , i was fairly impressed that in loot decissions it was way more less political shit wich was tmo loot council . the proof , i got serverwide paladdius axe of slaugther over a warrior core member wanted it . and another ex tmo got a sod over a longer time player of rampage .

In tmo meanwhile i had to endure a block on items mostly because my class choice over other people wich had alot of friendship with officers.

i dont want to turn this into rnf so i will not drop some screenshots of ECcehomo rage tells when he found we killed pd , and i won the robe as paladin.
or some officers giving loot to newcome friends from live because they used to have the tmo tag .
Because this isn't RNF I won't troll at all.

From what I can tell no guild on this server is devoid of loot corruption. But I don't know what it was like to be in Rampage at the time because I wasn't in it. I was however, raiding against them once the Forsaken/Asgard alliance started.

It was quite obvious some of the core members had nearly complete BiS (even some that didn't track). Meanwhile, all those that joined in Velious (when I started playing in a Casual Guild) were dicked, even those that tracked. Like those that left, tracked a bunch and won mobs against Forsaken/Asgard, and then didn't get their sleeper robe.

So my assessment was -- I think fairly -- the core got theirs and they didn't owe anyone jack (because they did the vast amount of the work) so they left.

What isn't talked a lot about is how Hoku basically had a melt down once we started contesting him and was negotiating rules with Detoxx (mediated by Sirkin.)

He basically already won the big race and didn't want to sit there 6 mo later fighting for it. So his guild died. But that's what happend. It's not like everyone had a big guild discussion and they all quit while uncontested.

From the perspective of people like me however, we were just getting started in Velious (having not farmed the previous expansion for 2 years -- which still sounds terrible to me). Rampage seemed to fall apart the minute they weren't getting all the best stuff 100% uncontested. They were clearly skilled but their guild model was a dated Kunark model that didn't hold up in Velious.

Edit: Let's face it...It was just timing. They could have easily never stood a chance if it weren't for the TMO ban hammer. Tiggles might still be here telling people to Deal with it.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 07-27-2017 at 03:49 AM..
Old 07-27-2017, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody cares anymore. Move along.
lol funny how BDA members don't want to talk about it...as always.

Pulled all the strings during Kunark to secure themselves guaranteed pixels while leaning on the small guilds and trying to oust them. Then revising the rotation and attempting to put Gorenaire as a test of entry, or "sorry no you're not allowed in our casual rotation, you're too casual"...

...then axing the rotation and trying to pin it on Divinity "omg guys they left first honest".

...then Velious hits. BDA is bloated and has too many raiders while simultaneously being terrible at securing pixels without a ringfenced rotation.

Then they say "raiding on P99 is shit lol, we're going to Phinny" like its Rogean's fault or Sirken's fault. They wanted to see this server lose hundreds of players (didn't happen), and bragged how they were getting great instanced loot in RNF. That died out though because....

1. Nobody cared.
2. The population tanked when Agnarr launched.
3. It's not worth bragging about being on a TLP server in a population decline, is it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Ravager, Kushie, et al <3
Old 07-27-2017, 04:19 AM
Fire Giant

This is a really interesting read. I started playing on p99 in November or December of 2014 but it wasn't until two years later I really started raiding. As such I've mostly just heard tales of how things used to be.

Can someone shed some light onto how it used to work in terms of rotation of VP etc? It seems today like there is nothing being rotated except for the 10th ring war. What would it take to re-introduce a rotation on VP and NToV stuff? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-27-2017, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol funny how BDA members don't want to talk about it...as always.

Pulled all the strings during Kunark to secure themselves guaranteed pixels while leaning on the small guilds and trying to oust them. Then revising the rotation and attempting to put Gorenaire as a test of entry, or "sorry no you're not allowed in our casual rotation, you're too casual"...

...then axing the rotation and trying to pin it on Divinity "omg guys they left first honest".

...then Velious hits. BDA is bloated and has too many raiders while simultaneously being terrible at securing pixels without a ringfenced rotation.

Then they say "raiding on P99 is shit lol, we're going to Phinny" like its Rogean's fault or Sirken's fault. They wanted to see this server lose hundreds of players (didn't happen), and bragged how they were getting great instanced loot in RNF. That died out though because....

1. Nobody cared.
2. The population tanked when Agnarr launched.
3. It's not worth bragging about being on a TLP server in a population decline, is it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Hi Ravager, Kushie, et al <3
Good to see your forum vacation didn't change you. Stay mad Swish. Maybe you can spend time with your family over the holidays when you get banned again in 4 months.
Old 07-27-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a really interesting read. I started playing on p99 in November or December of 2014 but it wasn't until two years later I really started raiding. As such I've mostly just heard tales of how things used to be.

Can someone shed some light onto how it used to work in terms of rotation of VP etc? It seems today like there is nothing being rotated except for the 10th ring war. What would it take to re-introduce a rotation on VP and NToV stuff? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically Casuals were allowed to compete only with each other rather than against the hardcore raid guilds (but they couldn't raid except for on causal weeks). The problem was BDA was a borderline case because it was a massive guild with some raid history.

When left only to compete with casuals, BDA basically behaved exactly like TMO when facing casual guilds. Trains, petition quest, and poopsocking. Therefore it diminished any sympathy or respect for the guild until it left.

The rotation was never complete (always excluded the best stuff that we found at later, was being RMTed) and never allowed guilds to raid on their own time. The powers that be always thought it was really important to preserve "competition" -- because that's what EQ is all about (they literally said stuff like that).

But we all dealt with it. But I and many others really got disenchanted with this server once they screwed up the raiding. Back in the Golden Era, when we were taking down Rampage and breaking into NToV, everything was a kill-race. Not merely an FTE race.

Everyone had to be logged in as the Dragon was being pulled to camp and kill the dragon. Something went wrong with the pull? Drop it, the other guild gets a chance. Raid wipe? The other guild gets it.

So for guild in general, it was way more involved and fun. But the guild leadership (of both top raid guilds) was basically engaging the staff like a bunch of D.C. lobbyists to get the raid rules changed to something they thought would be an advantage to them . We eventually ended up with the crap rules we have today that hardly anyone likes. Those were a product of a few people scheming for pixiles.

Something that's hard to see now, is that we thought we were on our way to dominate the Server as 1 guild. After Rampage quit it looked possible. Over time I've come to accept that the "competition" is never going to end. It's a limbo not a competition. You can't kill all 20+ targets in the game without another raid force getting some.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 07-27-2017 at 01:23 PM..
Old 07-27-2017, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Thanks for everyone's input thus far. I understand each post is from a certain perspective and each individual has their unique view, but when taken with a grain of salt, this thread really paints quite the picture. One that I somewhat understood, but never fully appreciated until now.

I hope Pantheon creators read this and learn from some of these lessons.

Cheers!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Fire Giant

Swish ranting about BDA? Some things never change
Old 07-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

tldr

everyone from ever era loves vonhammer <3
Old 07-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tldr

everyone from ever era loves vonhammer <3
vonhammer was universally loved, true.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Ahhhh man this thread has some nice history in it. I joined TMO in classic before they had even killed forgot,, andayed through Kunark, and ended up quitting before epics were released. I think I spent some absurd number of hours at pained soul and never got the medallion piece and finally decided to just MQ my trak tooth to a guildie and move on. This was before people ever really MQed that piece since everyone was still trying to get their main VP keyed.

Anyways, when I quit TMO pretty much had a monopoly on everything, and I think that was another factor that caused me to quit. Its just not as much fun when every major target is batphone and is almost a guaranteed kill. I remember I would sometimes log in within 5-10 mins of a batphone and still miss out on a trak kill even though I was camped fully buffed at ledge. That's how efficient and numerous we were. It blows my mind that they were able to keep that up for another two years!

Nothing but props to zeelot and the rest of the officer core who literally spent years building up the guild from scratch. I remember when we teamed up and eventually merged with DA and got our first Trak while TR watched that everyone kind of knew we were on the verge of something big. Then after the merge we followed it up with a streak of Gore + Trak + VS after a repop and suddenly we had all the momentum and never really let up. I know TMO gets a lot of flak, but there's something to be said for what they achieved. I'm glad I left before everything imploded but I'm.happy to hear they kept up their success for such a long time.

I just started playing again a few months ago and it's kind of sad to see that almost all of the familiar names are long gone.