Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

lol @ sow potions tasting like wolf piss.

Jboots are most likely a touch or two faster than they were back in the day.. But considering how much faster the MOBs are than they were on live, i'd say it's pretty balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Most of the people with bad experiences with me hang out in R&F, shocking, looks like I'm doing something right.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Planar Protector

Speaking of Jboots - stop camping AC in sro, it's not going to happen. just gain 2-3 levels to get your 39 spells and head to OOT.

end.

Your welcome.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droodler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never noticed player level affecting SoW run speed on P99. I can't remember if this was true on Live back in the early days.

Duration I have noticed changing.

Has anyone tested this on P99?
I definitely notice that i'm faster when a level 50 person sows me than when a level 9 shaman or 14 druid sows me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Given the ample amount of people willing to camp jboots and sell them for 6k, i'd rather just pay for them i think. I could make 6k faster than i could camp them so...

I enchant things...
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Lvl 35 - ~1kp. Such is the life of a monk.

That being said. Just because you are getting Jboots doesn't mean you don't need SoW. 1) It's a click buff, like many have said. 2) For the times you DON'T have access to SoW, it could be a life saver. 3) As a puller for the group, I want to cry when I don't have a SoW, and JBoots will solve this issue.

Long story short. If you have 6k or the time, it's well worth it. I plan on camping for mine however, since 5-6k is way outta my league atm.

Kolored on Red.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Like Shiftin identifed above, Kunark outdoor dragons are a perfect opportunity to flex your insta cast Jboots/Spyglass.

Almost worth it solely for that reason.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

As a Bard, all I have to say on the subject is "lol".
Old 02-09-2011, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

1. SoW potions take time to cast. Warriors (among other melee classes) can't channel. Jboots are instant. If you're running for your life and you aren't SoWed, jboots will save your face.

2. You can still outrun most mobs with jboots.

3. Instant clickies are useful for all manner of outdoor dispelling fights, as noted above.

And if I can raise 5-6k as a warrior, you can do it too. Takes time, but you're playing anyway, right? Go farm spectres for a bit. Go farm a Ghoulbane and sell it. All of these things add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Given the ample amount of people willing to camp jboots and sell them for 6k, i'd rather just pay for them i think. I could make 6k faster than i could camp them so...
I have camped 1 pair for myself and 3 other pairs and I have yet to spend more than 6 hours there...hell second and third one took me 2 and 1 hours respectively.
Old 02-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
jboots are an instaclick buff. damn near every boss dispells. tons of actual mobs dispell. they only work in outdoor zones but Hate, Fear, and all kunark dragons + most epic fights except trak are outdoors.

When was the last time you were on a raid with zero druids, shaman, rangers, bards? When was the last time you needed a run speed buff AFTER being dispelled by these mobs? These targets, once engaged drop really fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you don't have to grab a new set of jboots out of your bag to click it every time your jboots run out.
Very true, but does not make them a must, just convenient. There is a difference.

Quote:
I can't imagine how many potions i'd go through in a 10-12 hour sky raid between timers wearing off and deaths.
Again, when was the last time you were on a raid with zero druids or rangers? I'm pretty sure the druids and rangers have plenty of time and mana to sow you on a raid. That being said my guess is you would use your potion zero times.

Quote:
i would hate myself in the face thinking about spending cash every single time i had to click my jboots, luckily i don't.
The OP already did the math. Most of your examples of clicking j-boots are times when you actually had sow available which is superior run speed by 20%

Quote:
jboots are an absolutely essential piece of equipment 45+, especially if you're raiding. sorry.
Completely disagree 100%. If you were going to say anything at all about being solo then you might have a leg to stand on but your examples actually do more to prove that j-boots are not essential on raids.

I never had j-boots on live or on this server and I have never died on a raid due to not having them.
Closed Thread