Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Default I got bad news guys (RL drama)

Just found out I'm getting laid off at the end of next month from my job.

First time I would be unemployed since I was 16.

I left my boring yet stable job to a more flexible and exciting job in October and now I find out that an entire office is being let go.

Don't want to get into to much specifics because I know Visc would be all over it.

So let's see.

I have a BBA

I am "Microsoft office certified" if that is still a thing.

I am licensed to be a private investigator for the state of Pennsylvania (not sure if that sticks since it was approved in regard to my position and I am no longer a government employee)

I have experience in sales,Telecom, finance and HR.

Willing to work/relocate to anywhere if the price is right but would prefer to stay near the PA/jersey/DE area.

And don't worry I make enough money in my side business To keep the lights on I may have to start mowing my own lawn now that will make Maverix happy.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Banned

if not trolling, good luck.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverixdamighty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if not trolling, good luck.
Not trolling and thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Banned

Youll find a way man. Sounds like nothings really stopped you before from maintaining a job!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Youll find a way man. Sounds like nothings really stopped you before from maintaining a job!
Gonna start invoicing TMO for pages of RNF threads.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Fire Giant

I feel for ya - I was laid off last week quite unexpectedly.

Once I put my resume out on Indeed and updated my LinkedIn profile all hell broke loose. The recruiters haven't stopped calling, I've had numerous phone interviews already and all I am really finding out is that this job search is keeping me busier than working ever did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I expect an offer within the next 2 weeks. That said, I am in IT though so may be having an easier time of it than most other professions. Heck I haven't even had time for EQ!

So take heart, update that resume (though I would suggest you gear your resume toward one particular field that you're interested in) and get it out on Indeed and Monster and create or update your LinkedIn profile then have at it!
Old 03-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

LinkedIn is good advice. With the current market and government situation I will probably start looking soon as government contracting isn't a safe field.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by India [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel for ya - I was laid off last week quite unexpectedly.

Once I put my resume out on Indeed and updated my LinkedIn profile all hell broke loose. The recruiters haven't stopped calling, I've had numerous phone interviews already and all I am really finding out is that this job search is keeping me busier than working ever did [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I expect an offer within the next 2 weeks. That said, I am in IT though so may be having an easier time of it than most other professions. Heck I haven't even had time for EQ!

So take heart, update that resume (though I would suggest you gear your resume toward one particular field that you're interested in) and get it out on Indeed and Monster and create or update your LinkedIn profile then have at it!

Yeah I got to do that later on today.

My field is a little more niche though so hopefully I can stay around there.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

I was thinking, you could probably use your RnF skills on your resume too

Facilitates communication between others
Interacts well with all team members
Ability to see the big picture yet detail oriented

Use your EQ experience too!
Have you ever lead a raid? Whether it failed or succeeded does not matter, just use "An effective leader in all situations"

I know you've been in a raid so you could add the following;
"Listens well and is adept at following directions"

Give it some though, I'm sure EQ and the forums can provide all kinds of resume inspiration [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Fire Giant

though = thought

damn it
Closed Thread