Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 08-16-2023, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one really loves Biden. Maybe his wife.

Absolutely nobody likes Hunter Biden, I don't care if he's locked up forever. It's bizarre that he's become some kind of attack angle against Democrats. I get the feeling they want him gone too.

Trump will be spending the next 5 years in a prison in Georgia. If the Americans elect him they'll provoke a constitutional crisis. Trump winning the Republican party nomination is when I move my money out of the S&P. There's no way that ends well.
It's just projection, operating under the mistaken assumption that democrats treat their politicians like MAGA's treat Trump. If you're talking about Hunter Biden, you're not talking about the corrupt mobsters that share their worldview and political affiliation.

Trump got investigated by the FBI? Investigate a Biden! Apparently if Hunter is a criminal that means Trump isn't a criminal? They can both be criminals. The difference is, I don't really give a fuck about Joe or Hunter Biden.

MAGA's look at this issue through the lens of their worldview. When Trump was initially investigated, they viewed this as an attempt to illegitimately remove him from power. When no indictable evidence of misconduct was found, reasonable Democrats and centrists (what few are left) dropped the issue entirely. "No collusion? Got it." However, to a MAGA, substance did not matter, only the perception and surety of a power play. So they feel justified in corrupt power plays of their own. And when called on it... no collusion! Witch hunt! Hunter Biden! Through a victim mentality, all things are justified, because the other side is evil.

This puts honest politicians at a tremendous disadvantage among the roughly 45% of humanity who think this way.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's just projection, operating under the mistaken assumption that democrats treat their politicians like MAGA's treat Trump. If you're talking about Hunter Biden, you're not talking about the corrupt mobsters that share their worldview and political affiliation.

Trump got investigated by the FBI? Investigate a Biden! Apparently if Hunter is a criminal that means Trump isn't a criminal? They can both be criminals. The difference is, I don't really give a fuck about Joe or Hunter Biden.

MAGA's look at this issue through the lens of their worldview. When Trump was initially investigated, they viewed this as an attempt to illegitimately remove him from power. When no indictable evidence of misconduct was found, reasonable Democrats and centrists (what few are left) dropped the issue entirely. "No collusion? Got it." However, to a MAGA, substance did not matter, only the perception and surety of a power play. So they feel justified in corrupt power plays of their own. And when called on it... no collusion! Witch hunt! Hunter Biden! Through a victim mentality, all things are justified, because the other side is evil.

This puts honest politicians at a tremendous disadvantage among the roughly 45% of humanity who think this way.
Tromp's DOJ never investigated Biden.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

I just want the next season of the Apprentice to be entirely based on prison business ventures.
Old 08-17-2023, 04:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think you mean just techno-capitalist. Look at history. Early capitalism -- the industrialization phase -- is always full of wholly dependent workers, flocking to squalid cities to find work as a labor-serf.

Feudalism = ownership of the land and the damn people on it more or less.
Capitalism = ownership of the means of production

It can look feudal. The lot of the slave/serf/worker does not vary much over time.

Def rather be a worker than a serf / slave tho. Totally. Final answer.

Carry on wayward sons
If you work any sort of low/mid income pleb 9-5 you are a wage slave that has little chance of upward mobility hope this helps
Old 08-17-2023, 09:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want the next season of the Apprentice to be entirely based on prison business ventures.
trump made me seethe and i couldn't understand why people i might have a small amount of respect for were supporting him in 2015. he is a selfish ahole, obviously.

i give this prison show a shot because watching his inner children grow as president was great. id like to see how they handle going away. imagine a 5 yr old bsing his was through prison.
Old 08-17-2023, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you work any sort of low/mid income pleb 9-5 you are a wage slave that has little chance of upward mobility hope this helps
The least helpful and most pessimistic version of class politics
Old 08-18-2023, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still better than being unemployed tho /shrug

The benefits of working (if you don’t hate your job), is it creates a routine in one’s life and for most jobs forces the person into social situations so they’re not isolated getting more awkward because of lack of social interaction. Unemployed can have friends to socialize with, but it will probably cost money for gas to see them and doing most anything costs money so it’s sometimes hard to have friends or hobbies with low or no income

From an ethics standpoint ideally your job is providing either a good or service that there is demand for, and therefore no matter what your job is, you are doing a good thing for your community. People are either usually making their community better, or they’re making it worse. I see honor in doing every job, even the lowest
Old 08-18-2023, 10:01 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
literally nobody likes or voted for joe biden.

every vote he got was an anti trump vote.

you've never not once ever even heard of a biden rally.
No, they simply cheated.

https://hereistheevidence.com/
Old 08-18-2023, 10:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i give this prison show a shot because watching his inner children grow as president was great. id like to see how they handle going away. imagine a 5 yr old bsing his was through prison.
It would be a pretty affordable show to make since most his former team are soon to be inmates. I’m sure they would work out some TV production time outside picking up litter on the highway.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
..And there is the hypocrisy!