Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 03:37 PM
Sarnak

Sorry block of pictures inc:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The default UI is very customizable if you have the time and desire to arrange it to your liking. Ingame my UI is almost transparent, I recommend doing this if you use the default UI as it opens your field of view a lot.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:06 AM
Fire Giant

I cant share as the UI it self has a problem which I get no idea how to solve.

When you die or loot your corpse, around 25% the times you get an EQ crash.

Im not expert on UIs or coding. All I did was spend lots of hours checking around which code/line changed what and ended adding all this things.

But it feels not good to share something that can end being an issue problem for users.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant share as the UI it self has a problem which I get no idea how to solve.

When you die or loot your corpse, around 25% the times you get an EQ crash.

Im not expert on UIs or coding. All I did was spend lots of hours checking around which code/line changed what and ended adding all this things.

But it feels not good to share something that can end being an issue problem for users.
That's understandable. Thanks for the consideration, and best of luck figuring out the crashing issue.

Would you mind answering a question instead? I'm trying to make a bag setup like yours, and I have been unsuccessful in removing the padding from the individual container windows. I can't seem to figure out another way to display all of the open bags without coding them as individual slots in a different screen layer. As with Savok's inventory/open bags combo modification this runs the risk of item loss if, for example, you accidentally forget that you shouldn't put an item in the 9th or 10th slot of a bag with only 8 slots and then you zone, log, or crash. Is this what you did to get all of your bags so nicely and compactly positioned, or did you use a method to display your open bags that visually retains the correct number of slots without the need for the aforementioned hack? If you used a different method would you mind explaining what you did, please?

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2017, 08:05 AM
Fire Giant

I will try to understand your question and answer the best I can, as english is not my main language and also im not an expert of the Coding (all I do is basically trial/mistake till I find the "way" to do the thing)

I play with 7 bags of 10 slots, so when I started my setup I found the way to do it with a 7x10 setup.

Each slot inside a bag, has an EQ Item code, like any inventory item as a helm, mask, or any other slot.

Once you find out which code is for which slot of a bag, you can simply code one by one all the slots you want to add in the inventory.

So you just basically add 1 code block per bag slot. This takes really some time, as even if you copy the info from a normal inventory slot you will have to change the position coordinates and size, to find a good look end product.

What I did 1stly, was create a photoshop of how I would like the inventory to look. And then, figure out from the code what element was wach thing. Then resize, reposition, etc.

Even after that I ended up doing a final modification to resize again all every single item, which took a real long hours to redo (maybe because im unexperimented on coding I guess) and changed this:

But on the picture I posted in this post, the "Full Inventory" you see, is actually the hotbutton bar number 1, which has added tons of buttons, acorrding to 20 inventory slots (miss ammo), 7x10 bags open and 8 inventory slots (7 bags and 1 free).

I have a secondary project, for a minimalistic UI, with normal sized buttons and full inventory "as inventory" window (not putting it all in small sized buttons inside a hottbutton bar)

But once again, the dead/loot corpse problem is still there.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:24 AM
Aviak

Thanks, that answers the question perfectly.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where's the ALT + TAB jump hotkey?
Old 06-05-2017, 05:06 AM
Fire Giant

huh?
Old 06-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
huh?
People were alt tabbing and jumping in an attenpt to eek out inches during mob races. Thats the bad joke he was trying to make