Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Large Rat

Default Charm Grinding

Hello,

When a humanoid you charmed gets low health, will it run away? It is really going to determine what class I roll with.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:49 PM
Orc

No mob will flee at low health while you have it charmed, when charm breaks its normal fleeing rules apply.

If you're charm kiting two mobs that assist each other, note that they won't flee at low health until you get them out of assist range of each other.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cult [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No mob will flee at low health while you have it charmed, when charm breaks its normal fleeing rules apply.

If you're charm kiting two mobs that assist each other, note that they won't flee at low health until you get them out of assist range of each other.
This, one will also start fleeing if you kill the other one, obviously. You want to break charm when either your charm pet or the kill target gets low hp and finish them both off for full exp on both kills, aswell.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Aviak

I am not sure what you mean by humanoid but it varies by mob and your life. If you are critically low on life usually below 30% and a mob is in Melee range they don't tend to run. Undead pretty much as a whole don't run either. Animals and Guards tend to run at low life if they are single. Sometimes if both of them are beating on you after a charm break they won't start running until one of them is dead. Finally, even if a mob wants to flee if they are rooted they will always attack you if you go into Melee range.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzy12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure what you mean by humanoid
A humanoid is any non-animal, non-undead, non-mechanical creature that has a head, body, two arms, and two legs.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:53 PM
Kobold

Worth noting that this doesn't really effect the viability of charming classes. You can always /pet stop and /pet back when either mob is very low on health, break charm, and they'll both flee. Charming is very feasible on this server with any of the classes that can do it. Except shaman, maybe? They get a low level animal charm but I've never heard of anyone using it.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzy12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure what you mean by humanoid
hu·man·oid
ˈ(h)yo͞oməˌnoid/

noun
noun: humanoid; plural noun: humanoids

a being resembling a human in its shape.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:18 PM
Large Rat

Ok, another question about some mechanics.

In the base game of EQ, damage was capped for PCs by level... so if you had a weapon that had damage of 25 at level 10, the damage was capped as if it was DMG 10. Is that in p99?

There was, what I assume, was a bug.. where a PC could equip a high damage item, you could duel that person and charm him, and the damage restriction was removed- and I am pretty sure the PC player would hit faster than if he was not charmed. Is this in P99?
Closed Thread