Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 03:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
did he die ?? did u die ????
??
Sadly I don't really remember either of us dying!

In retrospect suspect the gnome panicked and either gated or hit the nearby Lesser Fay zoneline.

Then again, I suppose a corpse run just following the path would have been pretty trivial and easily forgotten.

What I do remember is continuing my adventure down the path alone, eventually zoning into Butcherblock (not black burrow sadly).

I made the best of the situation when I realised the scarabs were slow runners and slowly levelled up beyond level 9 (I remember getting those sweet spells!) doing this. Ivory would be proud of this bow kiting ranger.

I think my name was 'Group'. I chose this intentionally to receive mistells from other newbies, find where they were hunting and track them down, like the wood elf bounty hunter I was.
Old 03-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Kobold

I have another one when I was on my rogue taking the boat to kunark, walking the chains at the top of the boat. Practicing safe fall from the bridge in feerrott was also fun. Sneaking into the lighty towns not to kill but to let them know yeah you ant safe nowhere.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Old 03-10-2017, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

My FIRST character was a high elf wizard on Povar. I decided that I wanted to be a "battle wizard" so I put most of my starting points into STR. I also turned in my book to the PoD, not knowing the consequences (couldn't buff or be buffed by non red people.) later I saved up a bunch of plat from crushbone belt sales and purchased a fine steel great staff from a merchant for 70 plat. I felt so uber with that thing. I think I pissed off a lot of groups with my meleeing Battle Wiz but I did not know any better!
Old 03-24-2017, 01:43 AM
Kobold

Couple of fun ones, super abridged to keep it from being a novel.

My first time riding the boat, I'd just gotten a twinked set of Darkforge Armor and a Dark Reaver on my DE SK from a kid at school. I was level 13, and this was during Kunark. I felt like a total badass until the boat left without me because it took me so long to zone. I dropped into the drink and had to camp underwater nearly drowning in the process. Next day after school I logged in and swam a while until I found these two rocks with goblins on them. I fought the goblins a while, and the boat miraculously came and I was saved.

Another was getting married in the Dreadlands on the ruins not far from the wizard spires. I'd been leveling with a High Elf Enchantress for like a year daily before that. It was a great day with many friends.

Getting my necromancer epic. When I went to get the cloak of spiroc feathers, my guild made me eat the first Death Touch from Keeper of Souls as a punishment for dragging them all up there to do it.

Wiping outside of Kael Drakkal when the whole guild was following our Dwarf Cleric to go kill Vindi. He popped his Divine Aura and dropped down into the ravine. Most of us were afk on autofollow, auto-running while talking, or otherwise not paying attention, so the raid wiped at his feet. I was typing a tell, so I saw the whole thing. It was hysterical.

Defending my barbarian rogue friend in Naggy's Lair when she fell asleep camping the guy for the golden efreeti boots. I cleared that camp for like 4 hours defending her until she woke up so she didn't die.

Turning on /roleplay and putting away my pet and scythe then selling Translocates in PoK. I had a couple takers, and I'd cast sacrifice, and they learned the hard way that when you make a deal with the devil, you better read the fine print. A GM got petitioned and asked me about it. I fessed up, and he laughed about it, and suggested I stop, because that's really mean, but it's not against the TOS.

Downing Lord Nagafen in my family guild that honestly didn't raid much
Old 03-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Racing for Tormax during Velious. Guild #1 beats us to FTE. Trash talk starts and a bard from guild#2 gets fed up, so he starts belting out one particularly righteous jam.

<King Tormax Gates>.

A few seconds of disbelief washes over the two guilds as tanks and clerics begin a disappearing/reappearing act courtesy of Tormax. Many belly laughs were had, one bard took a sabbatical, and we took a couple days off from raiding to reflect.

Still makes me smile though.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakk82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Turning on /roleplay and putting away my pet and scythe then selling Translocates in PoK. I had a couple takers, and I'd cast sacrifice, and they learned the hard way that when you make a deal with the devil, you better read the fine print. A GM got petitioned and asked me about it. I fessed up, and he laughed about it, and suggested I stop, because that's really mean, but it's not against the TOS
This is my favorite
Fauvana 54 Erudite Necromancer
Seliel 24 Erudite Rogue
Deepwalter 6 Erudite Paladin

Fauvano 40 Dark Elf Necromancer
Stoppinswords 11 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-26-2017, 06:31 PM
Large Bat

I was one of the few people (silly) enough to have max pottery when the Protection of the Cabbage quest came out. I wasn't in a high end guild, I just really enjoyed tradeskilling, but when everyone needed golden idols of tunare I was suddenly supplying some of the high end guilds on my server with idols. It was loads of fun..and I was happy to do the combines for free. Then one evening one of the guilds invited me on a raid with them as a thank you. They ended up letting me loot a Mask of Pulchritude which stayed in my bank even when I upgraded that slot because it was such an awesome thank you!
Old 03-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Aviak

1. My first raid
My first character was a troll warrior, and Chardok Royals was the first ever raid I got to attend. It was super exciting! I had never even been in Chardok as I was only lvl 48 or thereabouts.

2. General V'ghera
I tried to gather enough people to do the last fight in the rogue epic, the one in Kithicor Forest with General V'ghera. Unfortunately not enough people came. So after a while I logged for the evening, disappointed.

Then later that evening I saw a message on our guild forums: "Voc, get online now! We are good to go!" Turns out a couple of good friends in my guild had gone out and wrangled just enough people from all sorts of places to come and help!

I logged on, and there they were: a raidforce ready to help me with my epic. The fight went flawlessly. I was so incredibly moved by this generosity, and still am to this day!

3. Hate & Mischief
I guess most rogues remember this one if they did it: porting naked up to a fully popped plane of Hate, then sneaking (printed out map in hand) to the maestro to pick up the parchment (or whatever it was). It was just really nervewracking and exciting. Never gotten that feeling from another game than EQ.

Then much later I got Shroud of Stealth + Escape on my rogue, and I sneaked through NToV - looking nervously around at all the dragons, then clicking the little PoM castle and going there for the first time.

(If any Aurora Polaris, Phoenix Alliance or Watchkeepers-people are reading this: Hello!)
Old 03-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Orc

I can't help but drop a story in here. I'll admit I don't find much time to play P1999 but I enjoy the youtube videos, forums, and other things. I'm just a huge fan of the game and I still think about it to this day.

I remember way back when I got this game in high school, and I made a ranger. On a side note I always got flack for taking forever to level, and I had no idea there was an Xp penalty at the time. Oh well. Anyway, I was really keen on running to Halas from Faydark when I reached a certain level. I just loved snow level, and being a ranger I felt it was just cool to be able to run around and learn everything inside and out. Somehow I ended up in kithikor forest. I literally remember a guy telling me "hey don't get stuck here after dark". Well i did, and I remember just going all the way to the edge of the zone and watching this red con npc necro below me with his pet the entire night.

I will say my great memory all in all was just priding myself on being able to eventually go just about anywhere in the game, especially when I had sow and wolf form. Later on I got ports more often and it became more useless, but there was something awesome about knowing where to go and also guiding others to places.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Some guildies and I are sitting in Guk. We have seen these cool shields and told they come from a named spider so we go to seek it out.

Well we find the spawn and proceed to camp it. And the darn names spider keeps not spawning.

Well I get up and do my "dance of spider summoning" and I kid you not it spawned right after I finished as it had the shield!

Great times.