Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default A Story of Reiker, Karsten, and Inglourious Basterds.

The vast majority of P99 players probably don't care about any of this, and I apologize for that. However I just felt like I had to get some things off my mind:

I'll start this story near the end...

After a year hiatus from Project 1999, I returned and formed the guild Pantheon with Karsten, a man who I had extreme levels of respect for. Although I had played with him on VZTZ in the past, in the first few months of P99 we always leveled together, and I eventually got him to join Inglourious Basterds. At the time I was an informal raid leader, Karsten also began to assist in leading raids and basically took over that position once I quit P99 for a year.

In essentially half a month, we had a decent thing going with Pantheon and were raiding planes almost every day. Shortly we were invited by both Darkwind and Inglourious Basterds to assist with their raids. This was the start of the merger talks.

The person who orchestrated the entire merger (or at least, the only person who I had talks with) was Kinsawt. At this point I'm not quite sure why this was, because whenever I bring up the merger and Kinsawt's name I'm just told "well he means nothing so whatever he told you doesn't matter."

Hope you like meaning nothing, Kinsawt.

But anyways, Kinsawt and Karsten can attest that I was definitely the one least in favor of a merger. I liked what I had going, I enjoyed leading the guild and raids, and I had met a lot of cool people through recruitment. The choice was essentially to trade the work I put into Pantheon for a <Transatlantic Rampage> tag. I wasn't incredibly keen but Karsten really wanted it, so I went with it. The terms of the agreement were that all Pantheon members would become TR members, and Karsten and I would become officers. This is what was communicated to me, anyways.

Once the merger was settled, I told my guild that I had to take a bit of a break to focus on the new school semester and move closer to school. I was still in contact with Karsten and was just waiting things out for Kunark.

Everything was fine, I even mentioned to Karsten that I didn't even want an officer tag, that I wouldn't be able to put every hour of every day into the game anymore and that a member tag would be fine. No qualms.

But then, ever since Kunark dropped, things started to get weird and shitty.

The day before I was to have internet set up at my new place I messaged Karsten something about getting tagged for Kunark. This was when I was informed that I would not be getting tagged, and that I would have to apply to the guild that my own guild merged into. I explained to Karsten how this is obviously not right. Karsten and I had equal leadership over Pantheon, he gets instant officer tag, and I have to apply. Also note that all my Pantheon recruits got TR tags minus a couple who didn't want to join.

Karsten has not responded to me since Kunark launch, and this is really the biggest loss. I don't really care what guild I'm in or what guild anyone is in, at the core I just want to play my favorite game with my friends.

Anyways, Kunark drops, I talk to Kinsawt and some others, and was told "just app, all the old members have to do it." It was made out to sound like a formality, so I submitted an application. I was then informed that my applications wasn't "good enough," I think the exact verbage was garbage. I submitted a second application to TR. I waited about a week with no response. I got into contact with Xzerion, and he sounded fairly positive. His recommendation was to wait until Trystych obtains level 60, which is when he'll start looking over applications again. I was cool with this.

I knew something was fishy when shortly after a friend of mine told me they went to comment on my application and it wasn't listed. By the time I got in contact with Trystych (earlier today) I was informed my application was denied. It took days of probing to get this information, when many people who I once considered my friends are officers of TR and could have easily been respectful and sent me a tell, a PM, or any sort of communication when the decision was made. Instead, it was about as disrespectful as possible.

I'm not making this post because I'm angry or upset or anything like that because I was denied from a guild on p99. I'm making this post in an attempt to remind everyone that we're all here because this is our favorite game and we're here to enjoy it. What makes EverQuest special is the community and friendships you make. It's even easier to make enemies, which I am definitely guilty of. EQ is very much in the top tier as far as competitiveness goes in gaming, and while that is what makes the game enjoyable, it also has the negative consequences of bringing out some of the worst in people.

So, I'd like to extend an open apology to those who I've said some less than kind words to in the past. People like Olympia, Hasbinbad, and dozens more.

Karsten, I hope you don't feel salty about this whole guild drama. I said shitty things to you as well, but I hope we can put it behind us.

To my friends and everyone else, I don't care what is in brackets under your name. I don't care who kills Trakanon first, or who has VP loot. I just want to enjoy the game at this point. I have too much going on in my life to get caught up in the competition like I used to, which is a good thing for sure.

If you want to slay some Kunark baddies, I'll be around.

With love,
- Whatever you know me by.

lol wut
Old 04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Banned

no karsten no pals KNOW karsten KNOW pals
Old 04-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
no karsten no pals KNOW karsten KNOW pals

lol wut
Old 04-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Banned

oh ya, pve serious business
Old 04-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

Wish it didn't have to be, honestly.

lol wut
Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

open letters are the win
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

A lil man love never hurt anyone.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Kazowi

tldr

but karsten is a gayfag. he tried this bullshit on vztz and his new guild failed miserably. I quit around the time he convinced everyone in heresy to merge with some other shit players from pandemonium. I came back remade heresy and attracted all the good players then promptly shit on the server. Karsten may be a nice funny guy etc but o man he loves drama and causes it too.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

Kinsawt is retarted, that is all.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:15 PM
Banned

Mardur, if you're looking for a guild to actually make friends in and enjoy the game as a community, maybe you should try Peace Pipe. We don't give 2 shits about pissing contests, being 'competitive' in attaining pixels, or as I always hear in TR's voice chat "ooh is that a server first?!"
Closed Thread