Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 PM
Aviak

Default How to transfer items to my alt?

Hello peeps, I played EQ back in the dizay and I really like what you have going on here. To be honest I start to get really frustrated when games get too big for their britches and there is never ending expansions.

Anyways my question is, I have some plat on my level 5 character and I want to give some of that to my level 2 character to buy his starting spells. I have one account, one computer - how do I do this? Are there multiple methods?

I heard of dropping the money/items on the ground somewhere and then logging into the other character and picking it up.

I also heard asking a high level player to help me since they probably don't care to steal 5 platinum.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Aviak

i think you need someone to help you can't drop it on the ground i tried lastnight i dont have a ton of platinum but if you are in EC tonight and i am online shoot me a tell in the game(chopmeat) and i can help you do it..

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 02-22-2012, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

I would say ask another person, because share bank doesn't work also.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

You can't drop money on the ground in P99

however you can drop items and log off.. then log on another character and grab said items.

Usually somebody will help you with an item transfer.. but if nobody will..

just find a quiet uninhabited building and make sure both your characters are in it.. and drop the items. then log on other dude to pick them up.

If you want an item that works good for transferring plat.. you can buy cracked staffs as you can buy and sell them for nearly the same price for low amounts.

Or you can buy opals for larger amounts for the same reason.. they buy and sell for nearly the same amount.. you might lose a couple gold pieces on resale.. but you wont lose a whole lot.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or you can buy opals for larger amounts for the same reason.. they buy and sell for nearly the same amount.. you might lose a couple gold pieces on resale.. but you wont lose a whole lot.
good advice... i have about 300PP i accumilated while lvling a rogue and wizzy to 20 that i needed to find a way to transfer to my shaman i might do this!

I dropped a whole bunch of gear that i bought along the way on the ground but had no way to get the monies!!

Formally Ragnis <Reviction> lvl 65 Bard of Morell-thule
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

You can buy and sell opals around 17 plat each so buy a stack of them.. jewelry vendors sell unlimited amounts.

Edit.. just make sure you don't take longer than five minutes or so.. or it will poof.

I've disconnected before drop transferring items and still logged in with time to grab. so its not some super race.

Could also check to make sure the login server isn't borked before you do a transfer.
Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 02-22-2012 at 02:42 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Thank you so much! You guys are swell. Thanks for giving me options. I will probably be slaving away laying wood laminate floor for the wife tonight but thanks for offer of doing my swap.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Get someone to help you transfer, don't try the drop on ground method of transferring items...I tried it with 2 sewing kits full of cured silk armor for a starter monk...logged out, logged monk in at same spot....no items.....

I don't know if it is the crappy time it takes to log out/back in sometimes (seems like at primetime it can take upwards of a minute or more to actually get logged back in), or what but my 2 sewing kits full of starter gear was gone.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigmandu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get someone to help you transfer, don't try the drop on ground method of transferring items...I tried it with 2 sewing kits full of cured silk armor for a starter monk...logged out, logged monk in at same spot....no items.....

I don't know if it is the crappy time it takes to log out/back in sometimes (seems like at primetime it can take upwards of a minute or more to actually get logged back in), or what but my 2 sewing kits full of starter gear was gone.
If it was under 5 minutes somebody probably ganked your stuff.

I wouldn't suggest trying to drop stuff if you have a slow connection either.

Really best to find a hidden spot... not somewhere thats right next to the bank behind a door.

Find somewhere in a basement or second floor of a building thats empty w/o merchants.. you know, somewhere nobody would have any reason to go to.

But that is good advice.. don't drop transfer anything you wouldn't mind losing either way.

I've done it a lot w/o any problems but still doesn't mean i don't expect to lose something at some point.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

If you go to EC and find a high level char in well-known guild they will often help.
Closed Thread