Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant get this to work, everytime i get spell not recovered yet, unless i do a mini delay on inst cast.
mini delayed required if your client/you are fast. Working right.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:20 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brocode [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cant get this to work, everytime i get spell not recovered yet, unless i do a mini delay on inst cast.
Canni needs to be in your first gem slot for this to work. The first gem slot is the only one that gets the instant re-fresh.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udabut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Canni needs to be in your first gem slot for this to work. The first gem slot is the only one that gets the instant re-fresh.
Not true. Any slot will be fine.
Twerp - Ogre Shaman
Numpty - Halfling Warrior
Tosser - Gnome Enchanter
Old 04-17-2015, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true. Any slot will be fine.
Can Confirm (Although, I always have Canni Top anyways). Just need to add split second delay between completion of canni and either strike of earring or recast of Canni, they delay is a split second and wont slow you down.
Last edited by BlkCamel; 04-17-2015 at 01:10 PM..
Old 04-17-2015, 02:26 PM
Sarnak

I'm not sure if you mean that it's been changed, but previously only top slot let you chain cast. You could alternate between spells without gcd when using clicky, but only top slot could be chain cast.

I always had a root spell in top slot. I found that the times I needed to root multiple times in a row without worrying about GCD were much more important the times I'd like to canni multiple times in a row.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if you mean that it's been changed, but previously only top slot let you chain cast. You could alternate between spells without gcd when using clicky, but only top slot could be chain cast.

I always had a root spell in top slot. I found that the times I needed to root multiple times in a row without worrying about GCD were much more important the times I'd like to canni multiple times in a row.
I'll have to test this more as I mainly use it to canni or quick cast between the other gems.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkCamel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll have to test this more as I mainly use it to canni or quick cast between the other gems.

Tested this and DrKvothe is correct top slot only insta refresh. Clicking still clears GCD but only top slot clears gem instantly. Tried Canni in slot 6 and had a much longer wait time.

Guess I never tried it with a spell with such a fast refresh time in the other slots.
Last edited by BlkCamel; 04-17-2015 at 03:36 PM..
Old 04-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

If you're alternating between spells, clicky works fine. Also, you can instant queue up your next spell after an epic click or jbb with no problem, and use these items instantly after your spells. I never got torpor, so I don't know how that changes things, but pre-60 you can either:
1) canni top slot: get 2 cannis in between med ticks. You can't chain root between crowds but you can alternate root/malo with clicky while your dog takes a beating.
2) PE top slot: only 1 canni reliably between med ticks. I usually tack a canni onto each epic click when I can. When you fight a pack and send dog in, you can root everything much more quickly, and dog might even live. But then you've gotta reroot before your first epic click on each mob to get the timing right (2 epic clicks per PE). Against tougher packs you can root all of them, pull back dog, malo-->root/epic, etc.

With torpor you've got 4 options that seem reasonable to me for top slot: PE, torpor, slow, and canni. You've got a lot more hp to burn though and don't need to worry about med ticks while you face tank, so canni would make a whole lot of sense imo. I'm not sure how clicky reset works with bash interrupts or how often you'll find yourself needing to recast after a dispel (should have buffs stacked, have they changed dispel mechanics?) or recast on a second target or whatever. I would assume you don't often need to cast two torpors back to back, but as it's the strongest spell in our arsenal I wouldn't discount it. As for slow, as far as I know against a single, summoning mob you'll torpor, open with malo, then slow until it lands. After that you've got time to tash stick + malosini + epic + dots + afkfap as long as you keep an eye on torpor and slow durations. So to me that'd suggest chaining slow could be a life-saver if you're hitting resists. *shrug* Anybody know?
Old 04-17-2015, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKvothe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're alternating between spells, clicky works fine. Also, you can instant queue up your next spell after an epic click or jbb with no problem, and use these items instantly after your spells. I never got torpor, so I don't know how that changes things, but pre-60 you can either:
1) canni top slot: get 2 cannis in between med ticks. You can't chain root between crowds but you can alternate root/malo with clicky while your dog takes a beating.
2) PE top slot: only 1 canni reliably between med ticks. I usually tack a canni onto each epic click when I can. When you fight a pack and send dog in, you can root everything much more quickly, and dog might even live. But then you've gotta reroot before your first epic click on each mob to get the timing right (2 epic clicks per PE). Against tougher packs you can root all of them, pull back dog, malo-->root/epic, etc.

With torpor you've got 4 options that seem reasonable to me for top slot: PE, torpor, slow, and canni. You've got a lot more hp to burn though and don't need to worry about med ticks while you face tank, so canni would make a whole lot of sense imo. I'm not sure how clicky reset works with bash interrupts or how often you'll find yourself needing to recast after a dispel (should have buffs stacked, have they changed dispel mechanics?) or recast on a second target or whatever. I would assume you don't often need to cast two torpors back to back, but as it's the strongest spell in our arsenal I wouldn't discount it. As for slow, as far as I know against a single, summoning mob you'll torpor, open with malo, then slow until it lands. After that you've got time to tash stick + malosini + epic + dots + afkfap as long as you keep an eye on torpor and slow durations. So to me that'd suggest chaining slow could be a life-saver if you're hitting resists. *shrug* Anybody know?
Slow is probably the only other spell worth putting in top slot for resists or multiple mobs. Root could be worth it and so could Sup Heal.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-20-2015, 04:52 AM
Fire Giant

thanks guys, always have it on first slot and i understand i was too fast, if you go too fast you get the not recovered message.

Is there any way to make click item on a macro?
Closed Thread