Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 04:55 AM
Orc

Default Velious Leveling Help?

I'm trying to experience stuff I never did in the past. I always leveled in Kunark and Old World but never Velious. I also like low populated zones so I am not disrupting anyone.

Does anyone have any advice for what a bard can efficiently and safely kill in Eastern Wastes/ Great Divide around 39-45? I've been looking at the Rygor orcs, giants, and kodiaks but I don't know what is the safest considering caster mobs (rygor shamans that cast blind) and run speed of the various mobs (dire wolves that run with sow speed).

Thank you for the help.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion Blaze [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to experience stuff I never did in the past. I always leveled in Kunark and Old World but never Velious. I also like low populated zones so I am not disrupting anyone.

Does anyone have any advice for what a bard can efficiently and safely kill in Eastern Wastes/ Great Divide around 39-45? I've been looking at the Rygor orcs, giants, and kodiaks but I don't know what is the safest considering caster mobs (rygor shamans that cast blind) and run speed of the various mobs (dire wolves that run with sow speed).

Thank you for the help.
Possibly try bear caves in Great divide? not sure on their exact level but they are all pure melee
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 08-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

39-45 is premium for eastern waste exp.

Check out #2 on the map, avoid the rhino's unless you're snaring them. Walrus and ulthorks plenty.
To the left on #9 is a ton of walrus.

There is lots of open area's to kite them. Between #2 and #3 is an big open area with no mobs, maybe a few pathers at most. #9 you can kite up and down the west hill.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

Just wondering why are you wanting to kite velious zones? I think the exp modifiers in velious are lower on average than kunark. Only difference is the color of the ground going by you. If your looking to experience content, why not try charming in dungeons or something along those lines? I'm not trying to troll you or anything, I'm honestly just curious.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Orc

I run a RAM drive to help with lag skips but I still would get killed occasionally from lag spikes in Kunark zones like overthere as opposed to low population Velious zones. I also don't like being a jerk and monopolizing mobs from other people. I always make an offer for others to join the exp when I swarm but it's worse exp than being solo. I've swarmed so far in Iceclad on the dervishes around ToFS and it has been fastest and easiest I have ever done with the least amount of zone disruption monopolizing cause no one ever seems to camp them or even be in the zone for that matter. I'm assuming it's going to be like that for most of outdoor velious except cobalt scar.
I was also looking at hps of drolvargs vs common kite trash in Velious and kunark mobs seem to have more hps so they take longer to kill.
Ultimately I just want to try something different, even if I have to level the slow way in groups. Thanks for the interest darkreap and advice Baler and Foxplay.
Old 08-20-2017, 03:25 PM
Fire Giant

Not what you asked for, but I would just do FV drovlargs until 45. If the wiki says they have more HP than velious mobs I would wager the wiki is just wrong as it often is, I never parsed it to compare but drovlarg's don't have that many hp for their level.

If you stay in the back of FV and pull to the Swamp of No Hope ZL closest to the giant camp the only people you will ever be competing against are other swarming bards. FV usually has very few people in it in relation to your lag issue, most are just passing through. Any non-bard hunting drovlargs will be on the cliffs and you wont be disrupting them. There can be more than 90 drovlargs up at any given time.

50-60 you can charm kite WL geo's and WL suits though.

EW is doable but definitely way slower than FV and you have to make sure not to stumble into snow griffin's.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

There will be a lot of green mobs at FV cliffs and it can sometimes be a popular spot for other people. The two places I mentioned in eastern wastes will easily take OP to 49 and they're 95% of the time never camped. FV also has a Ton of mobs packed into the zone including rangers and shaman. Eastern wastes you only really have to avoid the snow Griffins who are rangers I believe.

And anyone who says EW zem is low is totally speaking out their butt. Your choice though,. competition and being a jerk bard pulling mobs at the cliff area or a wide open field with plenty of mobs that no one is after.

I leveled a character in EW less than a month ago. I did start at FV cliffs but things green out at a certain point. That's when EW took over. And yes there are still blue things at FV cliffs but like I said at the start of this post there will be a lot more green things.

FV
Code:
A Pirate Warrior, Rogue 24-30 
A Drolvarg Savage Warrior 26 
A drolvarg scavenger Warrior 26 
A Pirate Cartographer Rogue 26-29 
A Drolvarg Growler Warrior 29-33
Pirate Destroyer Rogue 33 - 36 (semi rare)
A Drolvarg Snarler Warrior 32-36
You'll find that the higher in level you get there is a vast amount of greens.

EW
Code:
An Ulthork Hunter Warrior 30 
A walrus Warrior 31 (they're not all 31)
An Ulthork Warrior Warrior 34 
A Wooly Rhino Warrior 35
There is an abundance of all these despite it being a smaller list. Easily will take anyone to 49
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 08-20-2017 at 05:13 PM..
Old 08-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, because I told him to set up camp on the cliffs lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you stay in the back of FV and pull to the Swamp of No Hope ZL closest to the giant camp the only people you will ever be competing against are other swarming bards.

Swamp of No Hope ZL near the giant camp is the opposite side of the zone from the cliffs. There is a minimum of 90 drovlargs up at any given time between Swamp zl and the cliffs. The frogs and drachnid's are few and far between in that area and easy to avoid, never had a single one aggro me.

I've done both as a bard in the 40's, EW is slower.
Old 08-21-2017, 01:00 PM
Planar Protector

Good info. I've been skowly working on my Wizard who is level 43 now. Think I will give EW a shot
Closed Thread