Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 06:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Highkeep / Highhold Keep Goblins

This post is to make everyone aware of what GM Cylock had to say about the camp as I have had way too much trouble here in what i call paradise. This is an exact excerpt from my logfile when speaking to GM Cylock over issue I had with a level 60 mage who decided to walk in and obliterate the area and not even loot from the mobs.

[Wed Jul 26 15:49:45 2017] You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying rogean deam each room here a camp but i couldnt find this on the forums when i seached.. it that truely the case?'
[Wed Jul 26 15:49:49 2017] a pickclaw spiritist begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jul 26 15:49:50 2017] Tsaria Jnarus begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jul 26 15:49:54 2017] Doeden begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:02 2017] a pickclaw seer begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:07 2017] a pickclaw seer begins to cast a spell.
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:15 2017] A Pickclaw guard tries to bash YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:15 2017] A Pickclaw guard tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:15 2017] A Pickclaw guard tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:15 2017] A pickclaw warrior bashes YOU for 13 points of damage.
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:15 2017] A pickclaw warrior tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] A Pickclaw guard tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] A Pickclaw guard tries to hit YOU, but misses!
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'
[Wed Jul 26 15:50:34 2017] You told Cylock '[queued], okay good to know thanks'

So the next time someone comes to gank on mobs when the camp is already owned, I will be pointing them to this. You have now been informed, so let their be peace over this little slice of paradise.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

seek help
Old 08-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

You realize he is saying it's split up and not one camp right.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-12-2017, 08:14 PM
Planar Protector

ES&L.jpg

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-13-2017, 01:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize he is saying it's split up and not one camp right.
I realize you are wrong.. the GM is saying the area is one large camp.

I realize several post in the thread here now miss the entire point. The area i am naming is the name of the whole darn thread. its the entire camp of goblins in Highkeep.

I am aware of the ZEM and yes this is partly why I consider it paradise.

The issue isn't about my ability to share. The issue is about asshats that think they have a right to just barge in and start killing stuff when the camp area is already taken.

This is just one example .. LVL 60 mage comes in and slaughters place not even looting... a totally pointless act. In general it is higher level players that are coming by and sticking their nose into an area they really have no need for. AND YES i understand the principle of farming. I've played EQ for ages and playing here on 99 doesn't change the fact that once a camp is owned you have rights to that camp period and you get to say who/what can happen with it.

The point of the post was to have the GM's exact words out there so there can be no question the next time some jerk comes storming through. PUBLIC NOTIFIED. ISSUE OVER.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realize you are wrong.. the GM is saying the area is one large camp.

I realize several post in the thread here now miss the entire point. The area i am naming is the name of the whole darn thread. its the entire camp of goblins in Highkeep.

I am aware of the ZEM and yes this is partly why I consider it paradise.

The issue isn't about my ability to share. The issue is about asshats that think they have a right to just barge in and start killing stuff when the camp area is already taken.

This is just one example .. LVL 60 mage comes in and slaughters place not even looting... a totally pointless act. In general it is higher level players that are coming by and sticking their nose into an area they really have no need for. AND YES i understand the principle of farming. I've played EQ for ages and playing here on 99 doesn't change the fact that once a camp is owned you have rights to that camp period and you get to say who/what can happen with it.

The point of the post was to have the GM's exact words out there so there can be no question the next time some jerk comes storming through. PUBLIC NOTIFIED. ISSUE OVER.
Cylock tells you, ('no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic.) Classic not P99

Yeah it was one room ... but not on p99'

You should read it one more time with how it was meant to be read. I also corrected the spelling errors.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 08-13-2017, 02:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cylock tells you, ('no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic.) Classic not P99

Yeah it was one room ... but not on p99'

You should read it one more time with how it was meant to be read. I also corrected the spelling errors.
You have seemed to gloss over the first line of the chat log.. so i will recast it here again for your reading pleasure

[Wed Jul 26 15:49:45 2017] You told Cylock, 'a player pulled up some info saying Rogean deemed each room here a camp but i couldn't find this on the forums when i searched.. it that truly the case?'

The response "[Wed Jul 26 15:50:19 2017] Cylock tells you, 'no, that entire area is one camp, back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room ... but not on p99'"

Break down of the reply so its more easily understandable

no, that entire area is one camp
back in TRUE classic. Yea it was one room --> IE one room per person / group
... but not on p99' - meaning its one camp.

Read the entire context and not just how you would like it to be because the original question pose to Cylock is if the area should be each room is a camp.. if it was .. I would have expected more of a response .. yes this is correct.. 1 room to a person / group. See the fun thing about simple English is when expressed properly its very hard to argue with so I hope you can understand the break down of the complex reply from Cylock here now when taken in its full context in response to the actual question asked.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Kobold

I remember on Firiona Vie, there could be 3 camps down there, but I've never seen it as but one camp on P99
Old 08-12-2017, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

You can cast Harmony and SoW in the zone. It's an outdoor zone. GM's only assist a player's right to camp one(1) spawn in outdoor areas. Nothing beyond one(1) spawn point is considered a 'camp' outdoors, as per Braknar's explanation.

The rules lawyering could get thick in this situation.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

OP, with this bad attitude you are going to be eating a suspension soon™.

Don't take matters into your own hands, KSing and being hostile to other elfs in Norrath is bad juujuu. The GMs will not tolerate such shenanigans.

Any disputes over a camp or camps should be submitted to a GM via a petition immediately, and the guides response be read with a mind capable of comprehending basic English.

Good luck, OP. I hope you lose some of your anger, and fill that emptiness with love.

Love > Hate.
Closed Thread