Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
alarti says prove it over anything, if someone wants to lodge a complaint then i'd like to see at least a scrap of evidence first
I say prove it when someone makes a claim without substantiating evidence. So in RnF ... almost over anything.

Also, prove it.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 AM
Planar Protector

Add puppet strings to the pile. Suck it shanko ~
Old 07-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i aint gotten a loot in forever
I never get ANY loot. I may cry.

Also, awaiting my epic you promised me.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:08 AM
Banned

Is there a page of this thread that doesn't have an Alarti post? Kid on 24/7 forumwatch. Go to bed and go outside in the morning kid.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeruIsLove [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a page of this thread that doesn't have an Alarti post? Kid on 24/7 forumwatch. Go to bed and go outside in the morning kid.
u watch anime
Old 07-25-2014, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never get ANY loot. I may cry.

Also, awaiting my epic you promised me.
I got you an OT hammer and... also mauled by tigers.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Add puppet strings to the pile. Suck it shanko ~
grats
Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got you an OT hammer and... also mauled by tigers.
To be fair i had the OT hammer before that...then had it get destroyed inside a summoned bag or some such nonsense :P. But yes i do love you for that, and forgive the tigers. But you're the love of my life, that doesn't count. Besides, Jeremy totally promised me my epic, i have completely non-fabricated screenshots to prove it! Will post when i get home.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Large Bat

Hi. Random guy here, new to the server after making rounds to many other 'vanilla' MMORPG servers (Emerald Dream, Uthgaard). I'm getting up there in levels so I figured why not start browsing the forums and look for a guild to join. Guild listings forums are cool, but I'm not some noob chode so I know where to find the real details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you missing part of your brain?
She joined the guild, she met Bruman 2 weeks later.
Less than 2 weeks after that Gore died and we awarded Bruman an item.
Her point is that she deserved the DHB over him. Bruman had been MIA for a month maybe, he had over a year of BDA service. Cecily was still in trial status and had a 2 week headstart on Bruman's return.
obv she deserved it more than him (then cecily jumped to FE, then to TMO)
I'm gonna tell you, just from what I see here you are a huge pain to deal with and based off this story, if you're in some position of power I wouldn't touch your scummy guild with a ten foot alt. Nowhere did I see this person complain they didn't get the loot, and if they did way back then, clearly the tone has changed here and it just makes you look bad for not following the argument. So yea, you complain about people not having brains while simultaneously not understanding their problem. The real problem of course, does BDA really not have any way of keeping track of participation? This one thing negates your chances of hanging on to any valuable team player that isn't in the circle (your system breeds this circle strongly) of people who are just 'known' to the guild as solid raiders. OFC you're gonna have a ton of turnover. Any real system would penalize someone for being MIA for a month and any team player would accept that penalty, if not self-enforce it.

Speaking of real systems, they're easy to make. It takes 10 seconds to take an attendance call/screenshot every hour of raiding, then maybe ten minutes after a raid to sort through the shots and update some thread in your forums about the hours people have put in, where and when. Based off these numbers you can post some overall looting guidelines. Now, based off attendance percentage over the past week(s)/month(s) you can form a decent, unbiased opinion of who should get what. As a fairly seasoned raider, I wouldn't expect any guild with less than the above to progress. Why? Because I did the above for my guild (second best horde guild on ED) as we progressed through MC and BWL and I always try to do the minimum. If you have less than what I did then you have no one trying.

The real question is, what is your leadership doing? Being an officer in a guild is more than just the 'privileges' of sitting on a loot council and dispensing folksy homespun wisdom to the trials who might be a lot better at your class than you. Officers should be providing an extra service, beneficial to the whole guild, or at least trying to. That shows leadership. As a leader, when you demonstrate effort and care towards the men they fight harder. You know, kind of exactly like how leadership works in games except instead of just having a number that goes up when you win battles you actually have to do the hard work with no instant gratification of seeing a number go up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Sucks huh? That's because being an officer sucks. In my latest MMO adventure, I was just a regular raiding warlock, farming up the required number of flasks of supreme power before raids, having 100% attendance, playing my class well. Yay MC again. Slowly the warlock class lead stopped coming to raids. I knew it was coming and dreaded the day. Sure enough, not too long went by before I was asked to be the new warlock class officer. Oh great. I had no problem doing the duties I had already been doing, I'm just aware of the fact that when you don the officer hat you take over responsibilities where success or failure reflects largely on you. As a raider, you are a simple cog in the machine, turning as expected, replaceable, even removable. As an officer, you are an operator, who gets yelled at by his boss and has to experience the bitter taste of failure when cogs become jammed because you didn't grease them and everything falls apart. This is of course dependent on you having a sense of responsibility, someone who with no sense of responsibility would probably blame the manufacturer and say things were always meant to fail, definitely nothing he coulda done.

Meaning? As soon as I became a class lead I was an officer. As soon as I was an officer I was on the loot council. After a month or two of raiding, with a few slow downs and murmurs from the guild when people were awarded stuff with low attendance and new people were getting shafted I started keeping track of raiding hours and posting them online for everyone to see. The system was incredibly far from perfect but it kept people happy. You see? I took some of my personal time to actually lessen my chances of getting loot, in hopes of attracting new, good players, with attendance like me. I wonder if anyone in a BDA leadership position thinks this way. That is the only way you're going to avoid being eaten by better guilds. Do you really expect new people to stick around if you make no outside effort to keep things at least appearing fair? Loot council is fine, everything should always come down to common sense, but it has to be originally based on something people can really see.

PS A couple weeks ago I was camping that bard lady in NK. I had been there for hours when a dark elf necro decided he was going to take the camp and stole a pull from me. I sat on her spawn, got the next one, then proceeded to argue with this person as to who was there first. Despite the incredibly low chances of us just having randomly shown up there at the same time, me knowing that he had just shown up there AND me being able to tell to him every action he took starting with the spell he pulled her with, he still pig-headedly refused to believe that I had been there before him. So I did a /who of his guild and thought "Wow there's a lot of people in this Bregan d'herpderp guild and I bet everyone one of them is a total asshole like this guy".

... and seriously who would click off an incredibly group beneficial buff because of what guild gave it to them? OFC BDA.

----

TLDR: I've been here like a month and BDA already pissed me off. Based off what little I know, it makes me happy to see their struggles and vindicates my snap judgement of the entire guild based off one jerk.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

Coming from someone unaffiliated with any of the top guilds here. I tend to just be nice to everyone myself. I don't really hate anybody. But I've had people say I tend to lean in TMO's favor. Maybe I do. First of all, their members are totally immature children on RnF, but so is everyone on RnF. RnF is P99's 4chan and it shows in every thread and every post. No one is innocent on this board. That being the case I tend to ignore forum interactions and base my opinions on interactions in game, or at the least on personal levels. Everyone I've met in TMO has always been really nice to me, as such I've always liked them. Maybe to the point of bias *shrug*.

Then again I also liked Stealin so maybe my opinion is moot? ;P
Closed Thread