Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:20 AM
Sarnak

Default Rarest Items in the game

I am pulling on community knowledge here and for the most part, opinions as it may be impossible to be certain.

#1 What I would like to have is a list of items still in game but no longer dropped.

#2 Items still being dropped but nerfed and their original counterpart.

#3 The rarest 5-10 items in the game.

Old world, Planes and Kunark.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:34 AM
Planar Protector

I started making the 1-3 list, but realistically the only items worth mentioning are Fungi Staff, Blade of the Black DE, Rod of Annihilation, Ton Po's staff, Manastone and Lustruous Russett.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Oaken scimitar, scimitar of the mistwalker. One and three in game respectively.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
Fire Giant

staff of dreaded gaze /end.

it was supposedly so rare that ZAM listed it as No longer dropping for a few years
Old 09-02-2011, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started making the 1-3 list, but realistically the only items worth mentioning are Fungi Staff, Blade of the Black DE, Rod of Annihilation, Ton Po's staff, Manastone and Lustruous Russett.
IMHO...

Rarest != items with 200+ quantity on the server.

By that measure, crappy items like the White Dragonscale Shield from Gore are more rare than a manastone. And while the Fungi Staff is surely more valuable, there are more of those than items like the Glimmer Ring or Thex Dagger.
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonkaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glimmer Ring or Thex Dagger.
both 4 sho.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Fire Giant

There's some mask Athiyk has that there's only one of on the server...can't remember what it's called. He had the only one on live on Brell as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Aviak

The mainhand Mosscovered Twig...10/3 and anything offhand...best DPS setup ever.

But I never used it tanking since that was assuredly riposte death, but when I was not MT...the shit was on.

But if you are talking rarest, then any BP from Trak probably would be rarer...easily worth 500kpp...more if you got two competing guilds looking to purchase their cleric or tank one.

Then again, has any guild even started VP? The 2 or 3 tradeable items on that loot list will make anything else look like a rusty sword...

EDIT:
Alrighty then, after seeing you state Air items...then hell ya, I bet there are a few unique or one of two items on server when it comes to some of those quest items. All no drop of course, but when it takes a guild right now to complete some of those and nobody wants to be there (oops, I fell off)...gotta be rare
Last edited by bonehand; 09-02-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 09-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Aviak

Tons of MCT.

basically, anything on Kunark that could be farmed before the drop rate was nerfed WAS farmed in massive quantity. Circlet of Shadows (lol), Idol of Thorned, Gem-encrusted ring, etc. As soon as people could hit the Myconid Spore King in OS, the fungi staff was on permanent farm status. There are at least 12 staves, last I heard.

The rarest stuff will be removed god & dragon drops from classic. Or REALLY early removed items like LR.

GM event items as well... hence the Glimmer Ring mention.

You could also have a really special combination, like maybe a female erudite paladin with a Guise. That'd likely be one-of-a-kind. Bob is selling a Half-Elf druid with Da Oogly Stick. Troll druid = one of a kind.

just my observations...
The Bane of Bixies©
Huge halfling balls.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lustruous Russett.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonkaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The rarest stuff will be removed god & dragon drops from classic. Or REALLY early removed items like LR.
I personally think LR on select classes ie. rogue, and assorted pieces for tanks, is/are the most envied items in the game. As they will never in the life of P99 be replaced by any armor off any mob.
Closed Thread