Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
be happy that I don't do the same or half this server would be banned.
Yeah, you obviously don't let your ego get in the way of your responsibilities.

This is why people are saying discretion should be completely removed from the equation, your judgment can't be trusted.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:10 PM
Banned

Gorenaire (60 Cleric) <Nihilum>
Known to frequently spam AE slows like a noob and use almost pure melee dmg to win pvp. Will also try to channel complete heal when low hp instead of using divine light.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

woah herb rustled
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Banned

wth has happened? watd i miss?
Old 01-19-2014, 09:58 PM
Planar Protector

If we are going to rules lawyer PnP on a PVP server there needs to be an appeal system that is governed by the player base.

GMs should have the power to ban based on the evidence..players should have the power to reverse or uphold the GM decision based on the community as a whole.

And there should be specified limits to the banning or suspension and not something arbitrary and then forgotten.

This server needs integrity if it expects to be something players are willing to invest time into.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Large Rat

Rules rules rules. You guys are totally missing the point.

Seeing as how i no longer have anything invested here, i'll just be blunt. Your rules are transparent. these rules only exist for you to control the outcome of events on this server. Some gm that played here probably got his panties in a bunch when he couldn't win, so he found another way to do it. pathetic

You are just going to decide how eq pvp works now 15 years later? Theres no allowing or denying players to rez or return to battle in pvp of any size. Thats fucking retarded. This is everquest, takes your commy rules somewhere else and let the game play out.

If someone is excessively bind camping or corpse camping a player WITHOUT CAUSE (ie, the player didn't instigate it), THEN maybe you should warn or perhaps suspend players. Yes, there should be CALLED loot and scoot and players that LNS should be punished if they begin attacking players in any adjacent zone after forfeiting their right to pvp.

THATS IT, those are your rules in 2 sentences.

you guys dont have players to spare, banning players for playing the game on a 150 man server is the epitome of stupid
Old 01-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

Can we be real for a second? Two people got banned. One of them killed a half dozen people on LNS and petitioned saying that he would ignore the GMs and rules. He was previously banned for stripping and deleting multiple characters. He used an auto swap weapon UI, a shared bank UI and distributed these on his guild forum. This player was incredibly toxic.

The other player had been previously banned for boxing, high sunned mobs and claims he petitioned it though no GM has confirmed that. He mercilessly griefed new players off the box, exploited instruments and weapons, exploited IP exemption poofing in pvp, I could go on.

The second player still plays here.

The rules aren't difficult. This is a free server, no one has any rights here. To be honest, the GM action here is incredibly classic, the " you're in our world now ." If you were spamming n**** in ooc on live you would have been instantly and permanently banned. Say the word fuck in ooc? That's likely a suspension. Accuse guides / GMs of questionable decisions? Ban.

To be quite honest, GMs are TOO lenient here. Perhaps of GMs would ban MORE people and clean this sever up we would see the pop go up. The biggest issue as I see it is the ability to get infinite emulator accounts and keep re rolling.

Keep up the good work GMs, ignore the noise. The only way to build this server again is to clean it of the racist / homophobic / tin foil hat wearers who crap on OOC, ignore the PNP and make this server unplayable.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Large Rat

oh i see some people already beat me to the punch. Maybe there is hope for this server yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A step in the right direction, but this still seems confusing.

Can we just get a thing called "logical LNS"? This is where anything that EQ PVP encompasses, including bind rushing, rezzing, corpse camping to an extent, is allowed. Once one side calls LNS, the winning guild allows the losing guild to LNS and move along, and they agree to not contest that zone/mob for an hour.

This allows everyone to enjoy EQ PVP to the fullest, and also prevents anyone from getting corpse camped and having their evening ruined by being camped, etc. This also prevents bannings that harm the server population due to confusing rules. Bans should be saved for MQ and other stupid things, such as RL threats, GM attacks, etc.

Logical LNS 2014.
on impartiality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb9 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I want to know is who spanked you that you are now considering input? You've abused position, shown terrible incompetence in understanding real pnp vs baiting and rule lawyering, and now you are admitting that the original rules were both poorly reviewed and not at all researched.

You owe anyone you suspended or banned under the previous rules an apology and reprieve.

You should keep your ego in check and pay less attention to server politics, if you wish to give the impression of impartiality.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we be real for a second? Two people got banned. One of them killed a half dozen people on LNS and petitioned saying that he would ignore the GMs and rules. He was previously banned for stripping and deleting multiple characters. He used an auto swap weapon UI, a shared bank UI and distributed these on his guild forum. This player was incredibly toxic.

The other player had been previously banned for boxing, high sunned mobs and claims he petitioned it though no GM has confirmed that. He mercilessly griefed new players off the box, exploited instruments and weapons, exploited IP exemption poofing in pvp, I could go on.

The second player still plays here.

The rules aren't difficult. This is a free server, no one has any rights here. To be honest, the GM action here is incredibly classic, the " you're in our world now ." If you were spamming n**** in ooc on live you would have been instantly and permanently banned. Say the word fuck in ooc? That's likely a suspension. Accuse guides / GMs of questionable decisions? Ban.

To be quite honest, GMs are TOO lenient here. Perhaps of GMs would ban MORE people and clean this sever up we would see the pop go up. The biggest issue as I see it is the ability to get infinite emulator accounts and keep re rolling.

Keep up the good work GMs, ignore the noise. The only way to build this server again is to clean it of the racist / homophobic / tin foil hat wearers who crap on OOC, ignore the PNP and make this server unplayable.
Keep your fucking lies in your mouth you scumbag.

I did not kill 6 players on LNS, I only killed one who was in the middle of other players pvping me. You are just incapable of making 1 honest statement if the life of you and your family were on the line.

Yes, i did delete the character owned by the same player that stole and deleted several other players characters, and after stealing attempted to RMT the items with evidence (WHICH YOU PUT ON THESE FORUMS YOURSELF).

I use no third party software outside of GamTextTriggers which is approved by rogean. Stop fucking fabricating shit you lying cunt.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

heartbrand hitting up those accusations and hearsay on me again, with only 1 documented incident on an old account

lol these forums never change