Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: If pvp exp was increased, by what %?
5 2 0.73%
10 1 0.37%
15 7 2.56%
20 36 13.19%
25 21 7.69%
30 8 2.93%
35 3 1.10%
40 5 1.83%
45 0 0%
50 38 13.92%
55 0 0%
60 0 0%
65 0 0%
70 0 0%
75 4 1.47%
80 0 0%
85 0 0%
90 0 0%
95 0 0%
100 77 28.21%
0. I am happy with the current experience rate. 71 26.01%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vztz didn't have the same high security of anti hack (MQ) / anti showeq that this server has.
beat me to it... but he's exactly right. If VZTZ had the anti hack and policed banned people, the server would still be up and running -- hard to say cause we had some retarded GMs as well...

The box was Gronkus'd Searyx'd, and Voidd'd to death.

Even Crucify would be kicking ass if I had some sort of anti-hack detection.

I guarantee you if I had the anti-hax.dll, I could make a custom box that would be 100x more fun than the current state of P99 Red. Multiple people on this forum could easily confirm this as well, but it will probably never happen. I simply refuse to host a server if I cannot stop the hax.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

honestly, i play pvp games for the pvp. yes, pve is fun and all but not spending months trying to get max level in order to compete for raid mobs, etc .. mass pvp is the best type of pvp out there in my honest opinion..
although mid level pvp (level 25-35) is fun .. its not likely it will be fair (i.e, oor level 50 druids healing etc)

i loved vztz in the sense it took little effort to get max level in order to experience high end pvp. since vztz enabled two boxing, finding groups wasn't so necessary. this was only helpful because of the low population - (as i said before vztz had such low population because it did not have a good anti hacking system - not because of it's high exp rate)

i feel having a similar exp rate (to vztz) or 50% more as r99 is right now, it will persuade people to log in more often knowing they can get more done in game with the limited time most people have because of real life. (school/work/gf's/family time/social lives, etc)
in addition, having an increased exp rate, people feel more 'dangerous' and in turn will stand and fight in a match more often then just gate/run away/plug from it.

just my opinion from the emu experience i've had. hope this helps.
-hovis
Old 02-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beat me to it... but he's exactly right. If VZTZ had the anti hack and policed banned people, the server would still be up and running -- hard to say cause we had some retarded GMs as well...

The box was Gronkus'd Searyx'd, and Voidd'd to death.

Even Crucify would be kicking ass if I had some sort of anti-hack detection.

I guarantee you if I had the anti-hax.dll, I could make a custom box that would be 100x more fun than the current state of P99 Red. Multiple people on this forum could easily confirm this as well, but it will probably never happen. I simply refuse to host a server if I cannot stop the hax.
just gave me a broner....

...no homo.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very simple.

No anti hack detection.. GMs also did a piss poor job.. hacker gets banned, comes right back and re-rolls. An active GM team could easily stop this.

Also, that box was wiped 4 times. VZTZ 2.0 was epic as hell until the Gibson got hacked in Chardok.
P.S -
Vile for box president.
/signed
Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

126 votes so far

91 for increase
35 for no increase

as much as I'd like to vote "no increase (watch it burn)", I just can't lol. XP is honestly brutally slow on this server with such a low population.

I'll vote 20%, in classic terms it will be hardly noticeable at later levels. It will, however, make the first levels go by faster (who knows if it will be fast enough tho without trial/error).

I'd imagine 20-25% max wouldn't hurt the classic immersion. 50% or more would make the game seem cheap tho, might as well add in instant lvl 45 with 5k plat and free planar gear/weps.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
126 votes so far

91 for increase
35 for no increase

as much as I'd like to vote "no increase (watch it burn)", I just can't lol. XP is honestly brutally slow on this server with such a low population.

I'll vote 20%, in classic terms it will be hardly noticeable at later levels. It will, however, make the first levels go by faster (who knows if it will be fast enough tho without trial/error).

I'd imagine 20-25% max wouldn't hurt the classic immersion. 50% or more would make the game seem cheap tho, might as well add in instant lvl 45 with 5k plat and free planar gear/weps.
100% pvp server sounds like cruficy =D
Old 02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Very simple.

No anti hack detection.. GMs also did a piss poor job.. hacker gets banned, comes right back and re-rolls. An active GM team could easily stop this.

Yeah, like an active GM team stops the littlegyno 10000.0 and 20 faces of cast from rerolling on the forums a dozen times a day after ban.

The slow xp here goes hand in hand with the anti hack measures in place. If xp was 100% faster it would be that much more temptation to cheat, since you could just "level up another noob in 2 days anyways" like VZTZ.

Devs should not cave, the server is fine, faster xp is not the answer.

The only scenario i'd support is faster 1-20 xp and making sure that xp was tacked onto the higher levels instead. Same xp overall, just maybe take a "little" from the bottom and put it on top to help "hook" a new player into his toon/server the first 20 levels.

But even that is not nessessary, we are here for classic EQ, we are here for classic XP.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And I can guarantee that several players on this forum would never play on such a server because it would be horribly buggy in comparison to p99. Maybe if you can get instrument modifiers working I'd play. Actually I wouldn't since pathing would probably be complete shit too. No thanks.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 02-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Orc

15 levels ago, I agreed with increasing the xp from 1-30 signifigantly then spreading out the xp from 30 to 50. Now that I'm approaching 30, I would hate to have my next 20 levels take even longer than they currently would.

BTW, I voted for 25% for all levels but wouldn't bitch if it just stayed the same as it is now...
Old 02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Large Bat

I wonder what % that voted "Happy with the current rate" are most likely already 50.
Closed Thread