Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 11-26-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

I have this attachment to the swamp of no hope that nobody else seems to share ;P
Old 11-26-2022, 07:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First dungeon would probably be the Warrens. If it were available at launch it would easily be more popular than Blackburrow, Befallen, or Crushbone. Tied with Kurns but much easier for lowbies to access.
I don't think it would be as popular as those other dungeons. There aren't any ports and it's in a remote part of the world. Erudites would be there for sure, but I wonder how many Barbarians and Qeynos starting players would bother to make the journey. I doubt someone from any other starting location would trek across the world just to do that dungeon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That brings you to 20ish. From there you bounce from Unrest to Mistmoore
Going from the Warrens to Unrest (a place that's going to be very crowded) without port available would be a gigantic waste of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have this attachment to the swamp of no hope that nobody else seems to share ;P
It's possible to go from 1 to 60 in only that zone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 12-21 Everfrost (mammoth calfs, orc mountaineers)
Level 21-36 Everfrost (mammoths, icy orcs)
Mountaineers and calfs can only get you to 19, then they are green (lots of the calfs already green out before that). There's some other stuff to hunt to hit 21 but I don't think it's worthwhile, and it's too early at 21 to be doing mammoths and icy orcs. Best to take a break from the zone for 5 levels.
Old 11-27-2022, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh, if you can no-life 24/7 at release then you're ahead...zero skill involved in low levels of eq.

For me, I'd go small static group. Preferably trio since its release and no twinks.

All iksar sham / necro / monk. Everyones together at char creation. Don't need shit for gear to be efficient. Got all the bases covered.

FoB --> Kurns --> Dalnir --> Kaesora --> CoM --> HS

kickin it straight kunark
Old 11-27-2022, 10:19 PM
Banned

did you read the wiki?
(lol)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:13 AM
Banned

North Kaladim (rat quest) --> Misty Thicket --> Runnyeye --> East Karana -->Surefall Glade --> Cazic Thule (Golems) --> Splitpaw --> Qeynos Aquaducts (Spectres) --> Kelethin/Kaladim Guards --> Kedge Keep
Old 12-04-2022, 05:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s not crowded if you’re ahead of the crowds. Be better. Most people suck at eq.
From my experience with several TLPs, if you just want the experience and aren't trying to compete for a server first, the best thing to do is just log in on day 2. Shit goes from ridiculous on day 1, and to relatively chill by day 2, so it's a completely different experience.

Time for time, all the coke-fueled hours that people spent competing on day 1 will have started to wear off, they'll need to sleep, and you'll be on fresh to catch up and bypass while making more efficient use of your time than they were able to.
Old 12-04-2022, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
North Kaladim (rat quest) --> Misty Thicket --> Runnyeye --> East Karana -->Surefall Glade --> Cazic Thule (Golems) --> Splitpaw --> Qeynos Aquaducts (Spectres) --> Kelethin/Kaladim Guards --> Kedge Keep
Are they going to leave in the vendor aggro on the new launch or did that appear later in the timeline?
Old 12-05-2022, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think it would be as popular as those other dungeons. There aren't any ports and it's in a remote part of the world. Erudites would be there for sure, but I wonder how many Barbarians and Qeynos starting players would bother to make the journey. I doubt someone from any other starting location would trek across the world just to do that dungeon.

Going from the Warrens to Unrest (a place that's going to be very crowded) without port available would be a gigantic waste of time.

It's possible to go from 1 to 60 in only that zone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Mountaineers and calfs can only get you to 19, then they are green (lots of the calfs already green out before that). There's some other stuff to hunt to hit 21 but I don't think it's worthwhile, and it's too early at 21 to be doing mammoths and icy orcs. Best to take a break from the zone for 5 levels.
There’s a port like a 2 minute walk from paineel…
Old 12-05-2022, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There’s a port like a 2 minute walk from paineel…
No ports on a new server for like a week.
Old 12-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are they going to leave in the vendor aggro on the new launch or did that appear later in the timeline?
They don't aggro on Blue, so that might be earlier on the timeline.

I didn't know that was a live feature - thought it was a bug in p99 only.

If so, my suggestion needs tweaking.