Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Kobold

Default Other MMOs

Anyone playing any EQish feeling MMOs they'd like to share?
Old 12-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Archeage is free and worth playing
Old 12-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Aviak

There are non except for ffxi.

If you like pvp you go with Darkfall,Mortal online,Eve online or Archeage(unbalanced p2w shit)
Old 12-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Fire Giant

FFXI added in the ability to instantly summon 3 mercenaries. woo.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:32 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Archeage is free and worth playing
Has the hacking situation got any better at all? I would recommend that game except the blatant exploiting and server crashing coupled with mismanagement and the fact that it's a Korean developer who doesn't know how to fix exploits... yeah, I'll pass.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 12-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has the hacking situation got any better at all? I would recommend that game except the blatant exploiting and server crashing coupled with mismanagement and the fact that it's a Korean developer who doesn't know how to fix exploits... yeah, I'll pass.
I thought Korean games were made with the expressed purpose of being hacked and exploited?
Old 12-12-2014, 06:08 PM
Aviak

Black Desert or riot
Old 12-12-2014, 08:42 PM
Fire Giant

I played Archeage for a couple months since launch. It is a bit different and does some excellent things. I think the PvP and end game are lacking though. PvP just comes down to who gets the first CC off.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

I've been ssaying for a long time Wurm Online is EQ-ish. Because it's sandboxxy people run off when I tell them this. They can't see the similarities. Wurm Online reminds me a lot of UO coupled with EQ with some Minecraft and odds and ends.

Try it. If you like pvp, go to the Chaos server. You can live on Deliverance and sail west a mater of minutes and arrive at Chaos at your pleasure. I live on the northeast shore in Chaos.

Here're some things about it which remind me of EQ:
1. In-game map (minimal markers) but no GPS (used to not have a map at all)
2. Melee combat is mostly automatic, although, like EQ, you can still do things
3. Corpse runs - yes you read it right: Corpse runs!
4. Doesn't hold your hand like it's your momma
5. No instances - like EQ before LDON

Of course it's a sandbox. Its lore and quests are bleh; they're not the game. The dungeons are just old player mines. The game is exploring the world, looting old player ruins, building a homestead (however you want and as big as you want), joining other players to build or do great things, building things in general, learning the religion system, trading, hunting, farming and so on. The game can be very grindy if you play it that way, but you don't have to. I've only grinded a few times. It does require a lot of time just to build small things, but as long as you have a reason to build them and a goal in mind for it then you'll be fine.

When I started it was like a survival game. Now it's more like farmville in UO/EQ/Minecraft. However, because I'm on pvp server and don't have deed, it varies. Pvp ruleset adds a lot to keep it from being too boring. I really need that extra threat to motivate me. There're more plaeyrs on the PVE servers, so they somehow are motivated to keep playing. I just don't understand them. The game is essentially farmville without the ability to be played in 5 minute windows and without the cashshop feel. Yes you can buy stuff with real money, but all of it's attainable by just playing. This is a game where you can spend $21 for 2 months of subscription and get a good value for it. If you really really want security you can pay for a deed, but it's not a big price. A better option is just to join a deed someone else has made. I myself don't even live on a deed. Keeping in mind I'm on the pvp server and so anybody could destroy my place, I think this game is easy to afford.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 12-13-2014 at 12:20 AM..
Old 12-13-2014, 12:16 AM
Sarnak

Star Citizen not on your radar huh guys? I'm a ghost when that masterpiece is ready.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/